Buff Badgers Week May 27

heartymax

Cathlete
I finally did it-----I ran 2.5 miles with DH husband this morning. I have been so afraid to try running and I did great my first time out. DH was very encouraging and told me that he was sure my stamina was good. Turned out great! Hopefully, we can make it a weekend partnership. Since I got finally got him to try a Cathe workout I figured I would join him for a run.

Good morning! Saturday was Muscle Max, Sunday was a rest day. This morning I did a full-body, dumbbell-only paper routine I found online. It's a three-day-per-week routine, and it's very straightforward, which is what I've been looking for. I'm going to use this instead of videos for strength for a few weeks and see what happens. I had to pull out much heavier weights than I'm used to.

Heartymax- Way to go! I am certain that I could not run 2.5 miles, so that is quite impressive!

I hope everyone's enjoying their day off. DS is at my MIL's house, and he slept there last night, so Bryan and I enjoyed sleeping in this morning :) We also went out for sushi last night, which we haven't done in ages since we're trying to avoid grains. We're going to my parents' for some relatively healthy grilled food tonight. I'm going to try my hand at a paleo dessert I've been wanting to try.

Have a great day!

Good Morning,

Sat. I did Peak 10 Interval, Sun. was a rest day and today I did More Cardio Strength.

Heartymax, nice job on the running.

Sam, nice to have a sleep in morning. Have fun at your parents house. What is the dessert you are trying. I would like to try something like that too.

Have a good day.

Happy Memorial Day!!

Saturday was Hardstrikes and 4DS Kickbox. DH & I went full tilt on Sat & Sun with yard work. I got my veggie garden in on Saturday. We were shot by the time the end of the days came. This morning I did GS Chest and Tri's. I was so very proud of myself, after all the stuff I did over the weekend, I managed to do all the drop set push ups, on my toes. :D Today was much more low key since the weather was yucky.

Heartymax - WTG on the running 2.5 miles with DH. I think that is awesome that you and DH are enjoying some workouts together. I hope to some day get there. :)

Sam - Glad you enjoyed time alone with DH while DS was at MIL's. Great job on the workouts.. yeah on getting out heavier weights!

Karen - I still haven't tried my Peak 10 DVD that I got for X-mas. One of these days I will.

Back to work tomorrow. :(

Oh.... today was my first training session with my 1st client. We did an assessment so I could see where she was at with flexibility, balance, movement, and strength. Now the challenge is to put together a workout for her. I need to put myself in beginners mode, that is where my challenge is going to come in.

Have a great night!
Brenda

Morning Ladies,

This morning was Workout 5 of JMBR. Really good workout, and I'm feeling those triceps. ;) Had a very nice weekend up north, and my nieces grad party was fun. Nice to see all the relatives from up that way. ;)

heartymax, Congrats on the run! Isn't it great that you have the endurance from doing your Cathe workout. ;)

Sam, Isn't it nice to sleep a little later in the morning. :D WTG on finding a rotation that will work for you. My oldest dd did a workout from the Nike app yesterday. She loved it.

Karen, I'm hoping to get back to those peak workouts soon.

Brenda, Sounds like a good challenge for you. ;) I think it is great that you already have a client.

Have a wonderful day!

Good Afternoon!

This morning I went with Intensity. Man that workout kicks my butt.

Laurie - Glad you had a nice time up north. I have part of my clients workout put together but I need to finish it tonight so I have it ready for her tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Brenda

Hello! Boy, did I wake up sore today! I never would have thought that just three sets of heavy squats could make my legs and butt so sore! My upper body is good and DOMS-y too :D

Anyway, I was so sore, I didn't think I'd be able to handle HIIT or Tabata, so I did an intermediate kickboxing workout on Jessica Smith's YouTube channel. It did the job. I've been trying to do some planks and pushups every day, too. I'll do those later.

Brenda- Hardstrikes AND 4DS Kickbox?? Wow. I'm glad you got your veggies all planted. Yard work tires me out, but it's a good kind of tired.

Laurie- I'll have to check out the Nike app. For some reason non-video alternatives are appealing to me lately. It must be the change of seasons. I can never stay away from videos for long, though.

Karen- I did a paleo lemon pound cake from the civilized caveman website. It turned out well. Almost more like a quick bread than a cake, but nice and lemony.

My workout was late today because just as I was about to get started my mom called to tell me my grandpa had fallen out of bed and I needed to get over there to help her get him back in. He hit his head pretty hard, but he's refusing to go the hospital to get it checked. The situation at my grandparents' house has not been good lately, and everything seems to be getting more and more complicated.

Well, off to take a shower. I want to head to the Y and see if I can get DS signed up for some swimming lessons for the summer, and - as usual - I'm behind on cleaning.

Have a great day, everyone.

Hi there! Busy weekend, cleaning, organizing, more cleaning and running around. Saturday I did Cathe's Tabatas from Crossfire and To the Max followed by some upper body. Sunday was Core Synergistics and Monday was a run/ walk with our dog for 40mn. Today was the elliptical for 30 followed by lower body.

Sam, sorry to hear about your gandpa, hope he is doing okay.

Brenda, so happy that you have your first client! I am sure you will do great~

Laurie, glad you were able to get away and have some fun.

Heartymax: Congrats on your run with DH! That's great! :D

Hi Karen!

See you all tomorrow~ Susan

Morning Ladies,

Workout 6 in the JMBR rotation, and this one is a toughie. :D

Brenda, Do you meet with your client after work? Can't wait to hear how your first workout goes.

Sam, So sorry to hear about your grandpa, hope he is doing ok. Glad to hear that you have some good DOMS going with your new workout. I know my dd was in my workout space again, because there was a med ball that I had to put away this morning and all the lights where on. :eek:

Susan, My oldest dd has turned into a cleaning machine. :eek: I come home to a clean house, and it really is freaking me out. :D I've been thinking of sticking some S90 workouts into this Jillian rotation. Since youngest dd will be done with track after this week, I can do workout when I get home. ;)

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning. No workout for me today. My back/SI joint, whatever it is, is really hurting today. It was a bit achier than normal all day yesterday, and when I woke up... yeow! Anyway, I think I may have to see my parents' chiropractor.

I got DS all signed up for swimming lessons yesterday. He doesn't start for a few weeks, and he doesn't know enough about it to be excited, but I am :)

Laurie- I think you need to send your daughter this way :D My house is in dire need of a neatnick.

Susan- Nice workouts! I love the tabatas from both of those workouts.

Hello,

This morning I did GS Back, Shoulders, and biceps. I forgot that she does the rep slower in this workout. I think I'm going to be feeling this tomorrow. Love the DOMS though so that's okay.

Tonight is our actual first workout with my client. I'll let you know how it went tomorrow. I went through the exercises with DH to see what he thought and he thought it was good.

Sam - Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Hope your aches go away soon. That'll be fun for DS to have swimming lessons.

Susan - Is that a new pic of you? Great job on the workout!!

Laurie - I'll have an update for you tomorrow on the first workout with my client. The assessment went well though.

Have a great night!
Brenda

Good Morning Ladies! My body needed a 2 day rest after that run:D Funny how my thighs so this as a different type of workout and say OHHHHHMMMMYYYYYY.
Anyway, I listened to my body. My running shoes should be here this evening and I plan to take my next run on Saturday morning. I have to work this evening so it is going to be a long day. I wish it could have been a rest day but after resting a few days this week already, I couldn't. Just finished Meso 2 Back and Biceps. I added on a variety of ab work the end.

Sam---DS will enjoy the lessons. My oldest is a pretty good swimmer but the youngest is still a beginner. Hope your grandpa is okay.

Laurie---I could use a cleaning machine over here. My co-worker did JMBR and really liked it. She followed many of the recipes too.

Brenda---How awesome that you have a client already! Someone on my other forum has recently started teaching a pilates class at the gym so my Cathelete buddies are just doing it up in personal fitness and training.

Hi Karen.

HI there! Yesterday I woke with a headache so decided to sleep in, figuring I would just workout after work... When I finally got up, I remembered I had a Book Club meeting after work and would not be able to get my workout in, made me grumpy!:mad: I am in a group on FaceBook doing a Squat challenge for a month. We are in week 2. You do a certain amount of squats each day, taking a break every 3rd day. Anyway yesterday I squeezed in my 105 squats at least! Today was 110 after I did S90 Cardio Challenge. By the end of the month we are to do 250!:eek:

Hearty: That is one of the reasons I haven't started running again yet, I hate the DOMS!;) What kind of shoes are you getting? I went looking last week fo rnew ones, but didn't find anything....Plus they never have my size (9 - 9.5)

Brenda, hope your session went well! Will check back later to see how it went!

Laurie, if my DD went into cleaning mode I would have a heart attack!:eek: SHe is however, keeping her newly reaaranged room very clean!

Check back later, til then, have a great day! Susan

Good morning! I went to the chiropractor yesterday, got an adjustment, and feel slightly better. I did find out from the x-rays that my lower back/tailbone area curves in a LOT more than the average person's. That explains so much! Including why ab exercises where you're supposed to keep your back completely flat on the floor are so difficult for me. My neck is also slightly out of alignment, which is why I often wake up with a stiff neck, and I have a slight curvature in my spine about midway up. It was very interesting. Anyway, I have another appointment on Saturday morning for another adjustment and to work out a treatment plan.

In the meantime, I'm going to stick to walking workouts and upper body stuff, and maybe some very slow rear lunges since those don't require any leaning.

Heartymax- Running DOMS are not my favorite. I get them in my shins.

Susan- I think one of my facebook friends was doing that squat challenge. I wear the same size as you in shoes, and it seems like that's always the first one to go. You'd think that if so many people wear that size they'd have more of them!

Brenda- That Gym Styles workout is one of the ones Bryan did with me. He was very challenged by the shoulder segment, particularly the stuff with the band.

I came home yesterday and the tree service I had contacted was taking down our tree in the backyard! I get sunshine in my kitchen now! I'm so happy that's done, because now we can get on with the rest of the yardwork we wanted to do.

Hello,

This morning I did Cardio SuperSets and the floor work from All Out Low Impact HiiT from XTrain.

My training session with my client last night almost didn't happen. She left me a message sounding like she was going to cancel because her DH was home all week on vacation and apparently had a fit because she had scheduled me to come over while he was on his vacation. When I called her back, I told her that I didn't agree with it and that he is supposed to be supporting her in this but I would do what ever she wanted. That's all it took and she quickly said "that's right, come on over". The stupid thing is, he was outside working in the yard anyway. The session went well. I was in seventh heaven working with her. It was nice to help someone better themselves. We have our next session on Saturday afternoon.

Heartymax - I don't run but I can only imagine how your legs felt after doing something different. Good for you for getting back out there Sat morning.

Susan - 110 squats.. wow! Do you do these with weights or are they more lke air squats? That makes my butt hurt just thinking about it.

Sam - Glad you went to the chiropractor so you know what's going on and start feeling better. My upper back was out right by my shoulder blades. I have these therapeutic balls that if I roll back on them and get the right place in my back I can usually get it to go back in place. Thankfully I got it to move a little so I'm not so uncomfortable.

Hi Karen, Hi Laurie!

Enjoy your evening!
Brenda

Good Morning and Happy Friday!!

Wanted to check in real quick because if its not raining at lunch time I plan on eating outside. This morning I was struggling with what to do. Hip flexors have been really tight and legs in general have been easily fatigued so I wanted to stay away from a full fledge leg workout. I went with Hardstrikes and then do the extended stretch from STS. Felt really good.

This weekend is Newburg picnic and Sunday we're in the Parade with the No No's bunch. Should be fun. This is the 3rd year that we'd done the parade with them. Other than that, my weekend will consist of yard work and I have a training session with my client on Saturday afternoon.

Everyone have a fantastic day & weekend! :D
Brenda

Good morning and Happy Friday. I didn't work out yesterday and might not today either. My back is feeling a tiny bit better every day and I really don't want to mess with it. I might do a walking workout, but that's it.

Brenda- Way to go! That's how to talk to a client! I'm so happy she changed her mind.

We have a semi-quiet weekend ahead of us -- just some yardwork, a little brunch on Sunday for my grandma's birthday that was weeks ago, and one of DH's friends graduated from law school and is having a party on Saturday. I'm still not sure if DS and I are going or if it'll just be DH.

Have a great weekend!

Hello ladies! Today after work was PlyoX. It was a rest day from squats which was good cause my quads are tired! Tomorrow is Cathes Bootcamp + 130 squats. Sometimes I use medium weight, sometime I use no weight and concentrate on going as low as I can and really squeezing throughout. I do standard, wide stance, and plie. We have a Graduation party to attend tomorrow. Should be fun as I have not seen a few friends in a long time.

Brenda, good job when handling your client! That's what you have to do to motivate and keep them focused on their goals.

Sam, hope your back feels better soon. Rest is most likely best!

Hope you all have a great weekend, whatever you plan to do! ~ Susan

Susan--some of my coworkers are doing the squat challenge from FB also. I just did the plank challenge and it definitely improved my holding time quite a bit.

After the long work day on Thursday, I overslept and didn't get in a workout on Friday. My new running shoes came yesterday and I broke them in this morning with a 3 mile run. I got in a good warm up some stretching afterwards so I hope the thighs feel a little better this time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.