Buff Badgers September 23-27

MKEMom

Cathlete
Hi ladies! I had a nice, relaxing weekend. I even managed to wander around the mall by myself a little on Saturday.

Saturday was D2S Phase Two Complex Metabolic (long name for a 10-minute workout!) and Express Premix #1 of Afterburn.

Today was D2S Phase 2 Strength 1. My legs are pleasantly wobbly.

Have a great day!

Hello!

Saturday I did All Out Low Impact HiiT and the cardio floor blasts and one step blast from Cardio Legs and then the abs from bootcamp. Had a great workout. Then I had a team that did the Walk to End Alzheimer's in West Bend Saturday morning and that was a 2 mile walk. Ran errands in the afternoon and started my cleaning.

Sunday was grocery shopping and out in the garden.

This morning I started my last week of Mesocycle 2. Had Chest, shoulders, and triceps. Felt a little tough this morning.

DH was sick over the weekend and went to the doc today and my sinuses and ears feel a little funny along with a little tickle in my throat. I hope it doesn't get any worse. I have to work this weekend. We have year end inventory and I have to travel to one of our Illinois facilities.

Sam - glad you had a nice relaxing weekend.

Have a great evening!
Brenda

Hi Ladies. TTOM left me with little energy over weekend. I did Butts and Gutts on Monday and PUB along with the bonus butt workout and bonus barre from LBB. I am behind on my schedule workouts in the rotation but I'm hanging in there.

Good Afternoon!

This morning I did Intensity. Granted Intensity always feels hard but at least it didn't feel as hard as it did a couple of weeks ago.

Hearty - I'm very fortunate with TTOM that it doesn't affect me too much. Hope you feel better. B&G is a tough workout to do especially when lacking energy.

Hi Sam!

Have a great night!
Brenda

Hello! No workout except a dog walk yesterday. Today was D2S Phase 2 Strength 2, plus some barbell deadlifts. I tried putting my leg much higher for the rear leg elevated lunges, and that position seemed to work a lot better for me, not sure why. It's still my most-hated exercise in this phase, though.

I have to start adding in at least a little more cardio on the the "off" days. I'm starting to feel puffy.

Brenda- Sounds like a productive weekend for you. I hope you don't get too sick. DS seems to have a cold AGAIN, but this one doesn't seem as bad.

Heartymax- So, are you seeing/feeling changes in your lower half from this rotation?

Have a great day, everyone.

Good Evening!!

This morning was the last leg workout in Mesocycle 2. Followed that with some crunches and the extended stretch.

Sam - I do hate rear leg elevated lunges. Moreso now than I did before because my range of motion is more limited with the arthritis. Glad what you tried worked better.

Not sure if I told you guys about my visit to the holistic practitioner last week. Very interesting. I thought I did. Quick recap drink distilled water, do skin brushing, and go wheat free are the big things. I bought a ointment and tincture from her for bone, flesh, and cartliage and it seems to be helping. After doing skin brushing once.. I'm hooked. I do it before I dress to go workout. I've been backing off the wheat a lot. That is taking some getting used to. I've been eating more fruits and vegetables. She suggested go along the lines of the Paleo diet.

Hi Hearty!!

Have a great night!!
Brenda

Hello! Today I did the Circuit Blast only premix from CrossFire.

Brenda- Interesting about the skin brushing. Good luck with going wheat free. I couldn't stick with it. Although, if I thought it was really helping with a health issue, maybe I would have been more motivated. Have you looked into cod liver oil? It's supposed to help with inflammatory issues like arthritis, as well as a host of other things. At the advice of a friend, I'm going to start taking it to keep from being sick all school year.

Have a great day! It's almost Friday :D

Good Evening!

This morning I went with MMA Boxing. Couple of the cardio drills, I added more intense cardio blasts to crank up the heart rate. ;)

Sam - I know I'm not going to be completely faithful going wheat free especially on weekends when we go out to dinner. So far this week, I've done really good. I love bread and pasta. I have backed off quite a bit in the past year so I'm hoping I'll do okay. I don't take cod liver oil. I should read up on it more. Anything to help with the inflammation. So far the changes I've made have seemed to help.

Hi Hearty!!

Have a great night!
Brenda

Hello! I just finished Phase 2 Strength 1. Next week is the last week of Phase Two. Yay! I will not miss those rear-foot-elevated lunges... although they could be in Phase 3.... lord I hope not :confused:

Brenda- Anti-inflammatory things are also supposed to help with Restless Legs. My mom is currently taking a ton of anti-inflammatory supplements and she's been able to reduce her RLS meds to half. I hope you see a lot of improvement. Living with pain sucks.

Hi Hearty!

I'm off to the grocery store. I'm in a Fall mood today. I'm making turkey parts, green beans, and stuffing for dinner and a pumpkin coffee cake for dessert. Bryan LOVES coffee cake, so he'll be a happy man.

Have a great weekend, all!

P.S. Cathe's new workouts start shipping today! I'm so excited! I'm also so sorry to hear about Cathe's dad. This must be such a difficult time for her. I hope she has people working for her to ship out workouts and she can take some time off.

Hello!

This morning was the last workout of STS Mesocycle 2 and it was back and biceps. Did good on everything except the deadlifts. They've been burning my forearms. Not sure that I'll get a workout in the weekend with having to work. I have to be to work at 5am tomorrow morning and I'm not waking up any earlier than I already do to workout. If I don't have to work on Sunday I'll maybe do it then or just might give myself and extra rest day. ;)

Sam - Glad the supplements are helping your mom. Hopefully you won't have those rear elevated lunges in Phase 3.

Back to the grindstone I must go.

Hi Hearty!!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Brenda

Hi ladies! I have started exercising a little bit more each day. Trying to get ready for Cathe's new workouts arriving soon!:eek: I am not running but I can do my elliptical and other workouts. My achilles has it's good and bad days. But most of them have been good this week, so I am hopeful it is pretty well healed. Tomorrow I am going to test it with 3 of Cathe's Tabata workouts from Tabatacise!:)

I will back full blast on Monday! Have a great weekend~
Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.