Buff Badgers March 1-5

kaykay

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Sat. I did Max Interval Plyo. Yesterday I went for a 2 mile walk run with DH. Today I did Lauren Brooks Kettlebell workout.

Hope you all had good weekend. It is suppose to be in the mid 30's all week here. It is getting better.

Have a good day.

Good morning, BBs. I have sad news. My mom passed away in her sleep Saturday night. She was 88. I am off today and probably most of the week. Going to the funeral home later today. Doesn't seem real yet. Here's a picture of her from last Sunday celebrating her birthday.

Attachments

• S6306096.JPG
    S6306096.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 11
Morning BB's,

Sue, So sorry to hear about your mother's passing. Take care, and my thoughts and prayers will be with you at this time. :(

This morning was my 2nd Insanity Fit Test and CTX/MIS Chest.

Results Day1/Day 15

Switch Kicks 120/128
Power Jacks 54/55
Power Knees 92/102
Power Jumps 43/54
Globe Jumps 9/10
Suicide Jumps 20/23
Push-Up Jacks 20/25
Low Plank Oblique 44/70

Karen, I'm looking forward to some warmer weather. ;)

Have a great day!

Good morning everyone,

Sue - So sorry to hear about your mother. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. She went peacefully and had a good long life.

Warmer weather is GREAT! I was able to make 4 snowmen with DD Sunday and still do Pyramid Lower Body. I was in a meeting all day Saturday so no workout then. I printed out Cathe's March rotation and it looks AWSOME! Can't wait to get started with Muscle Endurance later today.

OOPS! Gotta run. I am watching our little 2-year old neighbor today and tomorrow and I am hearing quite an argument with 4 year old DD and the 2 year old. More later...

Cheryl

Sue, sorry about your mom. Take care. She was beautiful. Prayers to you and your family. How heartbreaking. Glad she went peacefully. I'll be thinking of you.

Sue, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. What a beautiful woman, she seems so happy in the picture...a wonderful way for you to remember her. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

HI there!

Sue, I am so sorry to hear about your mother. The picture of her is beautiful and a great remembrance of her. My prayers go out to you and your entire family.

My weekend was crazy but good. However, I decided to switch my P90x program. I have been doing the "classic" version and did not like the fact that I was not able to get enough cardio in. So starting today I am doing the "lean" version which I think I'll like much better. I did Core Synergistic today. I loved it! One of my faves so far! Tomorrow is Cardio X.

Laurie, Way to go on those Insanity results! You are really improving!

Karen, we are supposed to be in the 40's by the weekend! Yipee!!

Lala! Hi! Hi Cheryl!

Have a good night! Susan

Thanks, you guys for the kind words about my mom. She was a warm, gentle soul and will be greatly missed.

Yesterday was rough but my workouts help keep me sane. I was going to start Barry this week but longed for something familiar instead so started the March rotation with ME yesterday. I'll do Imax 2 in a little bit.

Here's a video from Dojo graduation last Saturday. Thought you guys might enjoy seeing it. And yes, those are real swords they are using. :eek: My kids had to learn the same sword form you see repeated over and over in the video but they used wooden swords instead.

http://www.americandojo.com/drRobyn.asp

Morning BB's,

Plyo Cardio Circuit is finished. Had to get to an early meeting, so my CTX/MIS Back work has yet to be finished. Will try to get that done tonight after work.

Cheryl, Hope that dispute got settled. :D Have fun with the March rotation. Will have to check it out.

Susan, Core Synergistics is a great workout, just don't let Dreya show off? :eek: :D

Sue, Glad that the exercise is doing it's magic for you. Wow on the video. They are really going at quite a quick pace using those swords.

Have a great day!

Hi everyone! Today was sts yesterday 40/20--still have to work up to be able to do it all with no modifications!

Sue, impressive video! Are you still doing that?

Laurie, were you able to get your workouts in?

Susan, I like my cardio, too! It would be really hard to do just weights.

Karen, hope work is going well!

Hi Cheryl!

Hi there! Sorry for not posting yesterday. Very hectic day. Our dog had to go in for a minor surgery on her eye and we had meetings after work/school. I didn't get home until after 6pm and then had to get dinner on the table, help kids with homework and deal with Ruby. She was just a crying! She did not want me to leave her side or she'd whine and moan. All night long she was crying so I did not get much sleep. She has to wear one of those cones so she doesn't rub her eye. She had a benign tumor on her eye lid. She's a bit better now.

So today will be Cardio X for me since I did not get to squeeze it yesterday!

Sue, hope you are doing better. I agree those workouts are a great stress reliever!

Laurie, I do not like those Dreya Rolls!:p

Lala, yes, I am definitely a cardio girl but love the results I get from lifting.

Hi Karen! Hi Cheryl!

Have a good day ladies! Hope I can stay awake! :D

Good Morning,

Hi, went for a run with DH last night and did Lauren's Kettlebell workout today.

Sue, glad you are getting in your workouts. Hope things are going well. Quite some video. I am impressed.

Laurie, are you loving Insanity? How did you like the core dvd. I really liked that one.

Susan, hope Ruby is feeling better today. You had a very busy day. Are you adding in other cardio from other instructors or are you using Tony only? Funny, I had P90X for 4 years and never did Core Syn.

Lala, 40/20 is a fun workout. Are you still following one of Cathe's rotations? Pretty soon you can start rollerblading.

Have a good day all.

Hi Karen, I am looking forward to starting to run again this weekend. And to answer your question, I am only using P90X program since it's my first time using them. I will be adding in running in the morning hopefully 3 days a week or so. Ruby is doing a better. She was just happy to be able to eat this morning! She hadn't eaten in about 36 hours so now she is content!

Morning BB's,

Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs is finished. Tonight is cut and color for the hair, so nothing else planned for the evening.

Lala, Yep I was able to get the weight work finished, but I know that i need to get going as soon as I get home.

Susan, Busy day for you, and so sorry to hear about Ruby. Glad she is feeling better. It is so hard to have to hear them crying. :( See Dreya is a big show off on those rolls. :eek:

Karen, I really do LOVE Insanity. When I first heard about this program I thought that it was something that I wouldn't be able to even attempt. Today was the first time that I got through Pure Cardio without having to stop half way through those mountain climbers. I was able to get through the last two with no problem either. Cardio Abs really is great, and it was suggest to me that I put that workout before PC. That worked much better for me.

Have a great day!

Lala - No, I'm not doing Tae Kwan Do any longer. At first it was because of working so many hours and not having time to get my kids there, much less myself. About that time it also became more like "work" than a workout with all the memorization of different forms. We started doing a lot of spinning 360 kicks, flying somersaults and other moves which made me nervous, too. My kids still enjoy it though. In fact, Master K spoke to DD about becoming an instructor after she earns her black belt. Her form is really crisp and he thinks she has talent.

Susan - Glad to hear Ruby is doing better.

Laurie - High fives on those mountain climbers!

Karen - I haven't worked out yet today but will be soon.

Baked cookies this morning for the funeral luncheon because I wasn't sure how many people would be bringing food. We have a big family but my mom didn't have many friends left that are still alive or in good enough health to travel. Made chocolate chip because we'll have lots of kids and I know they'd rather have that than a bar of some sort and oatmeal scotchies because Mom used to make those. I ate too many so I'll be doing some cardio instead of Muscle Max to burn off some extra calories.

Morning Coolers,

Cardio Recovery and CTX/MIS Shoulders are finished.

Sue, Good choice on the chocolate chip cookies. I tried a recipe that has 4 tsp. of vanilla in them, and boy are they good. That is so cool that your DD could become an instructor. Nice way for her to earn some extra cash during school. ;) Unless they use this as a teaching experience, and don't pay them. :( Take care of yourself and your family.

Hope everyone is having a great day, and working out hard. :eek:

Ahh, Thursdays...my day to devote to lesson planning and this ;) No supper, no meetings, etc! Today was STS legs...I really worked up a sweat on that one! Yesterday was MMFusion plus cardio from Cardio Circuit. That last one is a goodie!

Laurie, glad you are lovin Insanity. I´m feeling like you did initially...just looking at it and thinking: I´ll never be able to do it! Now, don´t go enabling me ;)

Sue, I agree with Laurie, chocolate chippers all the way! The addition of the oatmeal scotchies was an inspiration!

Susan, so sorry for Ruby:( Our animals can be so needy... glad she is feeling better!

Karen, isn´t it great to be able to run outdoors and not freeze AND to run after work and NOT be in the dark?:):D BTW, did you notice that the highlighted news on Cathe.com is by one "Karen Kay"? That isn´t you, is it? if it is, you are certainly hiding your years:)

Hi Ladies! Checking in early today before I forget like yesterday!:p Yesterday was YogaX. Still not a fan and will most likely do Pilates from now on instead. Today is the elliptical followed by P90X Legs/Back. Saturday I hope to run and then do KenpoX and Sunday I hope to run and then do Shoulders/Arms/Abs. I am loving this warmer weather and glad to be walking to work again!

Lala, hope you enjoyed your Thursday!

Laurie, what is the website you used for that running program you did?

Hi Sue, hope you are doing well. I'm thinking about you! :)

Hi Karen!
HI Cheryl!

Have a great weekend everyone! No big plans for me. Might take the kids to see Alice in Wonderland....

Morning BB's'

Cardio Power & Resistance and CTX/MIS Biceps are finished for today.

Lala, LOL about enabling. I would be crazy not to enable you to try these workout. :D All I can tell you is that I have surprised myself on how I have increased my endurance in just three short weeks. The best part about them is the fact that he emphasizes the fact that you need to go at your own pace. But then he is pushing you to go beyond what you think you can. I was thinking that I would never be able to get through one of these workouts without having to stop. I'm on my third week with these, and I have been able to get through everyone except Plyo Cardio Circuit without stopping. OK enough enabling on my part. :D

Susan, Some people love YogaX, and other just don't. Don't worry about having to change that one up. The web page for the running programs can be found at http://www.runsource.net/ and the podcasts at http://www.djsteveboy.com/intervals.html Have fun watching Alice in Wonderland.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.