Buff Badgers January 2016

heartymax

Cathlete
Happy New Year.

DH and I celebrated our 21st anniversary yesterday. We decided to do lunch instead of dinner this time. Our family attended Watch Night service at our church to bring in the new year.

I can't say I have a particular resolution right now but I have thought about some things I need to do to improve some areas.

Just finished Xtrain Burnsets all upper body. I know I will understand the meaning of burn tomorrow.

Hope had a great Holiday Season. Back to work on Monday for me.

Have several errands to run so I got up early to get in STS Plyo Legs. It's been a long time since I have done the plyo legs and it was an awesome workout. I really should focus on this type because the very heavy leg workout is not knee and shin friendly as I age.

My legs are feeling it from the Plyo work on Saturday.

Back to work for me today. I guess one can never get enough days off:). I finally caught up on some laundry and organizing a few things the last two days.

Today was Tabatacise 1-4 and core 2.

Hope you enjoyed your Holiday season. It was nice not traveling and just spending time at home.

Happy New Year!

I haven't been on much with being off during the holidays. Last week I did majority of the workouts from ICE. Weds I did Tabatacise. I needed something really intense and I'm glad I did. I felt very accomplished.

Happy Anniversary!! STS Plyo legs.. those are killer leg workouts. Haven't tried tackling those since hip surgery.

Holidays were busy and nice. I'm glad it's all over with though. I'm tired of all the crap food and visiting. I can tell I haven't been eating like I normally do. I feel "yuck" and heavy and weighted down. Back to reality and getting my eating back on track. Today was my first day back to work since Dec 21st. I hardly slept at all last night so I didn't get up and workout this morning. I do have my kickboxing class tonight so that will be my workout.

Have a great day!
Brenda

Let's not talk about the crappy eating. :) I am glad the holidays are over for sure.

Today was the regular biceps and triceps from Xtrain. I normally do Burnsets so this was a nice change. I added on 3 sets of pushups, wall sits, burpees and jumping jacks at the end.

My whole family was totally exhausted after school/work yesterday. Hard returning after a break.

Good Morning!
Today I did an oldie.. Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders, Tri's and abs. It's funny doing some of these older ones seeing the weight Cathe uses as compared to those in the past few years. Even with just her appearance you can see how much more stronger she is.

I noticed in the ICE series with the ones I've done so far. Jai seems more defined in her shoulders and back. She was always very defined and looks amazing. I noticed that she seems more defined though. Not sure if its my imagination or not. So far I have done 1/2 of the ICE workouts. I've liked all of them.

It is hard returning back to reality after being off so much from the holidays.

I say the same thing about the older videos. Cathe lifts so much heavier. You probably find yourself lifting heavier than she does when doing the oldies.

Today was Intensity step only and ab work.

Hard to believe today is just Wednesday. I need the weekend to hurry up.

I didn't purchase ICE but it's nice to know you like it. Maybe one day I will reward myself with something new. RWH is extremely tough so I don't do it often.

This morning I did BM2 Cardio Blast. I only did 2 of the blasts at the end though. I was running out of time. Had a bit of a hard time getting myself moving this morning. Plus my legs felt heavy for some reason.

I received a grounding kit for Christmas and I do have to say I'm seeing the benefits from using it. When I sleep I feel like I'm getting a deeper sleep. I still wake up from time to time but at least feel my sleep is deeper. Provided my brain shuts downs.. not like Sunday night. o_O

RWH is tough. Almost reached for the plyo workouts this morning but I wanted to do BM2. I like the step routine in there. I think you would like ICE. I did the Chiseled upper body one day last week and I liked it but just didn't feel like it worked me enough. Rock'm Sock'm I like, I the Metabolic one and the Bootcamp. I want to try the Low Impact one and see what that one is like. I would put it on your wish list. Definitely a go to when you need something a little less tough. I do have to say XTrain is one I think I go back to the most.

Good Morning!

Today I did Pure Strength Back, Biceps, and ab work. I've been feeling really tired and fatigued this week. I don't know if I'm still trying to recover from the lack of sleep on Sunday night or if I have something else my body is fighting or if all the running around and stress from the holidays has caught up with me. If my body would allow me I feel like I need a solid 8+ hrs of sleep. I can't remember the last time I slept a solid 5-6 hrs yet alone 8.

Hope all is well!

This return to work after a break has been tough on my sleep pattern also. I am just glad it's Friday.

Today was Xtrain Chest, back and shoulders with some burpees, mountain climbers, wall squats, planks and jumping jacks.

Happy Friday!!

I too, am glad it's Friday. Still feeling tired.

I did Cardio Coach 6 and got 8.25 miles in.

Have a wonderful weekend!

It was nice to have a much needed weekend. No workouts this weekend for me so I got in 4 days last week.

Today was STS Plyo Legs disc 29.

Good Morning!

Saturday morning I did RWH Upper Body Circuit. I do that workout. Some of the cardio is tough. I do like the upper body work she does in their. Then I had my first Tabata Bootcamp class. OMG... I had so much fun teaching it. Finally after all this time, I felt the energy in class and it was great. It got me going. It was great!!

Sunday was my no workout day. Didn't sleep well last night again so my workout today will be my kickboxing class tonight.

STS Plyo Legs on a Monday morning... you go girl!!

Tabata Bootcamp sounds like a sweatfest. :)

Today was 30 minutes of elliptical cardio.

DH and I went to a neighbor's bday celebration over the weekend. I was talking to a friend who just started working out and trying to focus more on her health. She is doing strength training with a personal trainer and says it's hard and she prefers cardio. I told her that I can jump out of bed on my strength training days. I love it but cardio is not as much fun for me. We shared stories of feeling absolutely great after a good workout. I wish her well on this journey. I exercise for health and mental fitness.

Good Morning!

I was ambitious this morning and did RWH Chest, Shoulders, Tri's and abs (except the planks). Muscles are fried. Pretty sure they'll be talking to me tomorrow. It felt good though and I felt pretty strong through the workout.

Tabata Bootcamp was a sweatfest.....loved it!! :D

That's nice that could share stories with your friend. I'm sure she appreciated that. I'm at that point in my life where I think the hormones are wreaking havoc on the number on the scale and I'm not liking it. I'm trying to figure out how to handle the hormonal thing and what are things I need to change. I'm also trying really hard not to be so focused with that number on the scale and go by how I feel, which lately hasn't been the greatest. I feel like I'm carrying more extra sludge around my waste. I don't know how else to describe it. o_O I've been reading more on the hormone side of things and nutrition. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Have a great day!

OMG....I wanted to share the exact same thing this morning but didn't have time to type it. It is getting harder to keep my weight down and my stomach is not a flat. I am 47 but I can say that I saw this change after I turned 45. I really need to eat extra clean. My normal weight on the scale is starting to be higher than the past. I am wondering if I have to accept it.

I can only imagine where I would be if I didn't exercise.

Good Morning!

This morning I did RWH Low Impact HIT 1 & 2. Those always get me in the legs the next day. My chest, shoulders, & tri's are feeling yesterdays workout.

I'm 48 and the worst of it for me has been this past year. I'm up 10 lbs. For the most part I eat pretty clean. I do have my cheats which I do pretty good at keeping that to once a week. That's what so frustrating. My eating has gotten better, workouts are going great and my weight is going up. What the heck. That's why I'm not sure if its a hormonal thing or what. I don't want to accept it. There has to be something. What Cathe is 51, and she looks amazing. Granted she always looked amazing. Through the videos you can see how she's changed over the years but why does it seem midlife didn't affect her. I don't know. I continue to do research and try things and see if I can figure out what my body is going through.

Today was Xtrain Burnsets Biceps and Triceps and part of core 1.

Cathe does look amazing but I know her definition of clean eating is different from mine :).

Good Morning!

This morning I did RWH Lift It Hit It Back, Delts, Bi's. Had a great workout. Felt real strong. Heck my tri's are still feeling Tuesday's workout.

Love Burn Sets. Was thinking about doing that this week but decided to go with RWH.

I'm sure my definition of clean eating is different than hers as well. Kind of doubt her clean eating includes a cocktail on occasion. ;) I know my eating has gotten cleaner than years ago but I know I could clean it up more. Wish I didn't have a sweet tooth. Thankfully that's not as bad as what it used to be either.

Happy Friday!

This morning I did Cardio Coach 5 and got 8 miles in.

Have some friends coming over tomorrow night for some post holiday cheer. It'll be fun and also will be glad when its over with. Preparing for party's can be tiring.

Have a great weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.