Buff Badgers Jan. 18-22

kaykay

Cathlete
Hi,

Today I did MMA Fusion. It froze at the end of the 2nd combo and again toward the end of the third. Each time I had to stop the workout and reload it. Can't figure out how to get a hold of customer service my outlook express doesn't ever work. The rest of the dvd's I have so far play on this fine. Any ideas.

Over the weekend I went snowshoeing with DS12, his birthday was Thursday. On Sun. I did Ripped and Chiseled. Have to go in at lunch and get my TB test read.

Hope you all had a great weekend. DS12 made the allstar team for basketball so they play on Tue. night. Tonight is practice for travelers and DD17 works. DS takes his behind the wheel driver portion of his test today. Time is just flying. My back is much better. Thanks.

Have a wonderful day.

Morning BB's,

This morning was 30 Day Shred 2 & 1. I got my W6D3 run in on Friday after work, and Saturday was no workout at all. I think it was because I was running the oldest to and from the Mall. :rolleyes: Sunday was W7D1 of GW28K outdoors, and what a great day to run. Cami was a trooper and ran right along side me, and hardly any sniffing. She was one tired puppy after that. :eek: :D This week is 5 min. warm-up, 15 min. run, 1 min. walk, and you do this for a total of three times. Then you have a 5 min. cool down, which was the time I gave Cami the chance to smell all those great deer trails. :D :D

Karen, So sorry I can't help you with your DVD problem, dang on not being able to get it to work. :( Wow you are one busy lady, and crossing my fingers that your DS passes. ;) Congrats to your DD on getting to the All-Star team. :cool:

Sue, Let me know how you like that bag workout. I highly recommed the 30 day slimdown rotation that they put on Exercise TV. I have been using the running in place of BFBM in places, but the changes in just 3 weeks has been fun to see. I actually measured my hips, and I'm down 3/4" :eek: My pants felt saggy, and that just confirmed it for me.

Susan, I will be happy to be the test subject on Insanity! :D ;) I think the athletic style cardio is just my cup of tea. ;)

Have a great day!

Karen - I had a problem with the audio on MMA Boxing the 1st time I tried it. Had sound at the menu but when I selected the warmup chapter, the workout started playing but no sound! I popped it in and out, cleaned the player and finally got it to work. Do you have another player you can try it on? Definitely clean your player if you haven't tried that. Wipe the disc with a soft cloth, too (like one you would use to clean glasses). Glad your back is better. What's a TB test? Is Ripped and Chiseled a good workout? Congrats to DS12 for making the all-star team and sending good luck vibes to DS on his behind the wheel test.

Laurie - So tell me more about this Exercise TV rotation! Sounds like a good one. I checked in with my Biggest Loser buddies today and we all lost the couple of pounds we gained over Christmas so now we're aiming for our next goal.

Hello to Lala, Susan and Cheryl!

Here's how my weekend went:

Friday - Bootcamp (those squat thrust climbers were the easiest they've ever been for me)

Saturday - MMA Boxing (didn't have time to try the heavy bag segment - rats!)

Sunday - Mish mosh:
A.M. before church -1st 34 min. of Drill Max cardio/leg blast (ran out of time)
P.M. after dinner - Circuit Blast cardio premix (23 min.) + Step Moves seg. 1 + Prevention FCF lower body toning

Today - Rest - although I still went for a 30 min. walk at lunch with my co-worker so she could get her exercise in.

Had to fast today for a health risk assessment at work. I was so weak and shaky I thought I'd fall over. I think working out last night, staying up until midnight and not eating breakfast did it to me. Feeling better now that I've eaten. My numbers are all good except for BMI which isn't a surprise. I know I need to lose 20 pounds yet. Blood pressure, pulse, cholesterol and glucose all good though thanks to working out.

I bought Tosca Reno's Clean Eating Cookbook yesterday. Can't wait to try some new recipes.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Hi gang! It's late but I just wanted to check in quick! Saturday I did the elliptical followed by BFBM. Sunday was just a long walk. Today was nothing cause I spent 4 hours working with kids getting homework done. Boy, they had a lot!!:eek: NO school this Friday and I am looking forward to it!

Tomorrow is my Birthday (42 :eek:) and I ordered myself P90X! I am excited and nervous and would welcome any and all comments/advise!! Hope to have it here by next week! I ordered it through QVC, they had it on 5 payments and free shipping. I plan to do the entire 90 day plan.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow! Have a nice night!

Susan

Good Morning,

Today I did NMTZ.

Happy Birthday Susan. I just sold my P90X to a friend because I knew I would never use it again. I am glad you are excited for it. At least you didn't have to go through BB. Are you doing anything special. You got in some good workouts and sounds like you are getting in a lot of homework also.

Sue, thanks for the suggestion regarding the dvd. I will try to wipe them off. You got some nice mish-moshes in over the last few days. Glad all your stats are on except BF. You will get that down too.

Laurie, glad you are seeing results doing your rotation. Do you think it is the running that is giving you the results you want or Jillinan or the combo. I remember you once saying running really leaned you out especially in your stomach.

Hi Lala and Cheryl.

Off to work. Have a great day.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Strange week around here this week, nothing normal or routine. Oh well, I guess sometimes you just have to shake it up;) I'm still working on the January rotation and subbing in weight workouts where needed. Yesterday I did Push Pull. Haven't done that one in a while - forgot how much fun it was. Today is my rest day for the week - too many other things going on to try to fit anything in today.

Happy Birthday Susan. I have had P90X for a few years (ordered from BB-ugh:confused:) and followed the 90 day plan. Saw some results, had fun with it, still use it off and on when the urge for something different strikes. Hope you enjoy it.

Karen - Try the old "unplug and replug" your DVD player - sometimes that works for me. Otherwise clean the DVD and clean the player like everyone else suggested. Hope you get it to work - I really enjoyed MMA Fusion.

Laurie - great results! I have noticed my clothes are baggier also. I don't know what I am doing but maybe this rotation with more intense cardio than I have been doing is working.

Hello to everyone else. Gotta close for today. One last carpet to clean, get DD off to school, pay bills......
Have a great Tuesday!
Cheryl

Morning BB's,

This morning was W7D2 of GW28K, and I'm hoping to get in Jackie Warners PCT: Total Body in after work.

Sue, Here is the program that I have been following, subbing in running for BFBM at some points. http://www.exercisetv.tv/workoutplans.aspx?id=1 You can download a pdf file of the rotation. ;) The workout that they have called Quick Trouble Zones is just the first four circuits of NMTZ. I have been subbing in Jackie's workout, or you could use the Last Chance Workout, I think that one had Upper and Lower body sections is I remember the descriptions correctly. This rotation has really given me more defined arms & shoulders. Congrats on the great numbers, the weight will come of because you are working hard at it. ;)

Susan, Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day. Congratulations on ordering P90X. I think that you will enjoy the 90 day rotation, but here are a few things that I can give you advice on. Try all the workouts as is, and at some point you will not want to do PlyoX, YogaX, KenpoX. At that point my suggestions are as follows: PlyoX sub BFBM, Imax's. KenpoX, sub in any kb workout you might enjoy or a run. YogaX, I know you enjoy pilates so that would probably be an option also. Read everything that comes with it, and I know they had a couple of different rotations to choose from. Enjoy some of the recipies that come with the Elite Nutrition plan. I LOVE the Turkey Meatloaf, and the family really enjoyed it also. Try following the nutrition plan as close as possible. I used chocolate milk in place of the recovery drink, and use(d) a protein bar that was around 200 cal., and had between 15 & 20g of protein. Hope that helps, & Happy Push-Up/Pull-Up's. :D

Karen, I'm thinking that the combo of running/Jillian is helping me with the results. I was running with STS, but the results where not as noticeable. I really loved how STS worked, but I think I need to try another round and make sure I'm getting to failure. I also really need to watch what I eat when trying out my next round. I noticed that I was more hungry doing STS than this current rotation, so I now know that I will need to up my calories for my next STS rotation. ;)

Cheryl, I have noticed that cardio is what my body wants also, but to shake it up I'm making sure that I get in those P90X/STS type rotations also. That may be why my body responded to the Jillian rotations also. :D

Have a great day!
Laurie

Susan - Laurie gave you great advice for P90X. I never finished the entire 90 days because I got bored. I might try it again at some point but subbing in other workouts like Laurie recommends. I really enjoy Yoga X, Kenpo X and Plyo X. and do those sometimes. Ab Ripper X is deceiving. It doesn't look that hard but watch out! You WILL feel it in your abs the next day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Laurie - Thanks so much for the link. You added in cardio, too, right? I will probably do that, too, on days I have time. And I'll definitely be subbing. ;) Mondays are my rest day so I'm thinking of starting this next Tuesday.

Hi, Lala, Karen and Cheryl!

I did Results Upper Body workout this morning. I LOVE the Results workouts! Wish Cindy would make more like it.

Morning BB's,

This morning was BFBM. It still amazes me that I can burn over 560 cal. in that workout. :D The sweat was dripping onto my mat during the ab section of the workout. :eek:

Sue, Yep I added in some extra running, because some days the rotation has you only doing a Shred or the Quick Trouble Zones. :rolleyes: Well I know my body can handle weights plus cardio. I only used 3lbs for shoulder work, but everything else was 5lbs. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't stress out my shoulders. But again I'm totally happy with the upper body results that I got. I agree with you, wish Cindy would come out with more workouts. I really enjoy the cardio workout that she has on Exercise TV. After this JM rotation I'm planning on doing 4 weeks of Barry's Bootcamp and Results. The Barry workouts are run by Cindy anyway. :D

Susan, How was that Birthday? ;)

Hello to Lala, Karen and Cheryl. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie - There may be some days when all I can do is Shred or Quick Trouble Zones but I'm going to add on cardio whenever I can. I have the Barry's Bootcamp with Cindy (Christmas present) but haven't tried it yet. Maybe after the 30 day slimdown.

Did Results Lower Body last night and this morning was Step & Intervals cardio. Planning to do a couple of Leslie miles tonight. Tomorrow I want to do Musclemax since it's been awhile since I've done a heavier strength workout. Previewed CCC last night and I'm not sure what I'll do during those core sections. I tried a couple of them and I just can't move my big 'ol booty fast enough. :eek: We'll see how it goes the first time I try it - maybe this weekend.

Hi to all the other busy BBs! Hope you're getting some good workouts in and staying healthy.

Morning Coolers,

This morning was the last day in Week 7 of GW28K, so only three more weeks left. :D

Susan, I think that you will like Barry's Bootcamp, because Cindy is the one that is really the instructor. Barry is there just walking around and talking. I like him in these, because he gives you little tidbits of information. Some of it not related to exercise, but it makes you laugh anyway. :D I didn't have a problem with the pill shaped ball, but some people have had them burst. :eek: I'm going to be doing the Barry's right after this rotation is over too. ;)

Hope all the BB's are doing well.

Have a great day!

Hello all,

Busy day yesterday running errands but I did manage to do Hiit Double Wave Pyramid. Whew - sweat flying everywhere. I made it through but it sure wasn't pretty:p For today I have pulled out Supersets.

Time to catch up on all the small house chores - water plants (I wondered why they looked droopy!!), dust, etc. Also finishing up the redecorating project - window valance and pillows are almost done.

Looks like we are all busy but getting in some great workouts. Enjoy the weather everyone. Looks like messy stuff coming up this weekend:eek: Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Laurie - I don't know if I'll try the Barry's Bootcamp ball or not. Either way, I'm looking forward to working out with Cindy again. :)

Cheryl - Haven't tried Double Wave yet. 30-30 was tough enough.

Didn't do my 2 Leslie miles like I planned last night. Watched Heroes from Monday night instead. This morning I did Musclemax Timesaver. About 34 min. into it, my dvd player decided to freeze up and/or not play sound. I fiddled with it for about 15 min. before giving up and finishing biceps and triceps on my own. Might be time for a new player. This isn't the only dvd that this has happened with and I did try cleaning the player and the disc. Can't wait for the weekend. I'm covering for 3 people this week at work and I'm tired.

Can´t believe it´s Thursday and my first day on this site this week! Had some good workouts over the weekend, including a run. Am working through STS again and really liking it AGAIN! I think more this time through and although I´m only on week two I think I can see results already. Have been able to get some swims in this week since Wed was a work day (no students)
I don´t swim on teaching days for vanity reasons...those racoon eyes from my goggles!

Cheryl, haven´t done the pyramid HIIT yet, but got in the 30/30!

Laurie, I like the idea of the 15 min. run, rest and repeat. So, when you are done with this are you going to race?
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, SUSAN! Hopy you enjoy the P90X. What makes it different from STS?

Karen, how is your job going? I see you´ve figured out some good exercise times.

Sue, hope you get your dvd player figured out. I got a 5 disk player about a year ago and really like it!

Morning BB's,

I'm so glad it is Friday! :D Today is my off day, so I decided to get in Stretch X. Really should do this one at least once a week, my body feels great right now. Guess I needed it. :D

Sue, I actually like the pill shaped ball more than the stability ball. :eek: Guess it might be because you feel more stable, and can do harder core work with it. :D Sorry to hear about your player. :(

Lala, Hey when you are busy this is the last place you want to be. :D I don't think I will be doing a ton of races, but I'm planning running a 5k in the spring. I have no ambition to try a marathon. :D

Have a great day!

Good Morning,

Today I did Cardio Kickbox Challenge by Tracey Staehle. What a great workout. You kickbox fans would love this one. Straight forward tough kickbox moves, good variety of both punching and kicking combos, drills, some plyo and premixes for shorter workouts, upper only, lower only and more. Yesterday I didn't do anything, turned the alarm off at 5 and went back to bed until 6 and didn't feel like working out over lunch. Then after school, busy, busy.

Laurie, you sure are good at getting through rotations and programs. I just cant stick to anything. I can't believe you are already done with your running program, a Jillian rotation and ready to start Barry's. When are you getting Insanity? Are you doing it with someone? Glad you got a stretch in. I am missing mine a lot. Don't have as much time so that is what I don't do.

Lala, nice you are seeing results so soon. I love STS also. Every time I hear the music I wish I was doing the series. I need to get up earlier to do the weight work. Hopefully as I get more into the swing of things, I'll be able to get up earlier without getting sick. Nice workouts over the last few days. I wish I was a good swimmer, such a great workout.

Sue, sorry about your dvd player. I really like Cindy's workouts. I am planning on doing them this weekend sometime. I had the same problem with Shred the other day in getting it to play on the player. I was suppose to get in both 2&3 but only ended up getting in 3 because it took me so long to get it working. Then she said time to stretch and the thing just shut off on me. It's the dvd player attached to the computer.

Cheryl, Double Wave is a fun workout. Glad you are getting your projects finished up.

Susan, how is your rotation at using all your dvd's working out?

My parent's are coming up to visit today and then watch DS12 basketball game tomorrow morning. I can hardly wait to see them. Still hoping to get some kind of exercise in over the weekend.

Have a wonderful day and weekend.

Happy Saturday everyone,

Thursday's workout was Supersets and yesterday I did MMA Boxing. I must have done something right during these 2 workouts because I sure do feel it in my abs this morning:) Today I'm doing Legs & Glutes:cool: DD wanted me to put in the Cool smiley!!

Today seems to be just one of those days - hit the ground running.

Karen - How was the BB game? We went to watch our nephew (14) on Tuesday. DD loved it - I think we may have created a future BB player.

Susan - Using all your DVD's? Wow, I am impressed. Let me know how it's going. I think I tried that once but had a hard time tring to come up with some sort of rotation.

Laurie - Ahh, stretching. The one thing I never seem to have time for but truely miss.

Hello to every one else. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Cheryl, Legs & Glutes is a great workout. :D

I'm done with my workout this morning NMTZ and Shred #1. Hope to get my run in tomorrow morning before church. We have a meeting later that day, so I won't be able to do my normal after church run. :(

Have a great weekend,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.