BUFF BADGERS Friday 9/9

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Today will be a 5 mile run and some cleaning of the house. Glad I can work out right when I get home tonight. I never make the girls do there homework on Friday's, so that means Mom gets an hour to workout. :D

Cynthia, glad to see you are hooked up again. I'm with you on the creepy crawlers. That is one thing that WI doesn't have. And I'm quite happy about.

Thea, How was the concert?

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi!

The concert was GREAT! I had seen the Stones about 10 years ago and they were just as good last night as they were then. It's hard to believe Mick Jagger is 62! He moves better than I do! My brother really enjoyed it too, he is the big fan and has seen them several times. Were were about 2/3 of the way back from the stage, but they had this moving "mini" stage that they rode out into the back of the arena so we saw them VERY close! Very good time but I am so tired today. I am running on about 3 hours of sleep and have a busy day here at work! I also work this weekend, so I will have to hit the hay early tonight!

No workout for me today (see above!). I hope you all have a good day and great workouts!

-Thea

Hi BBs!
Sorry I haven't been around much this week. A really hectic week.

Hi Cynthia! Glad to see you post. I guess I shouldn't complain when DH leaves the AC at 77 degrees. We should be close to 90 up here this weekend so not feeling like Fall yet but I'm sure it will cool off soon. I hope you like it better than you are now. Probably in January you will be glad to be there.

I did Cathe's new step this morning. Even though it is fairly basic I will need to do it again to get the whole thing BUT what do you expect at 4am. Music isn't fantastic but OK and glad I got these. Still a good workout and I think I will be feeling this in my thighs tomorrow. I never did get to try Push/Pull yesterday - fell back to sleep. Hopefully I can try that out next week.

My weekend workouts will be painting. This weekend we have more trim and doors to paint and also priming the bathroom. Next weekend is the living room, dining room and hall which is a big (2-3 gallon) job. It wouldn't have really needed to be done if the former owners hadn't touched up the flat paint with glossy paint. :( But they were old and in poor health so at least they tried. We got the gas fireplace working and now anxious for some cooler weather to use it. We also have an outdoor fireplace we would like to try but too hot this weekend. Where is our beautiful September weather with those cool nights? And where is that rain???

Football season has begun - YEAH!!!! Hope the Packers pull off a win against the Lions. They weren't looking too good during pre-season. :(

Good Morning Everyone!

Sorry about being so lazy about my posting lately! I have changed my routine up a little bit and I am now doing the Slim in 6 program. The good thing is I have been doing my workouts in the morning, which actually has been going very well. The only problem is that when I do floor work, my daughter sits on me, but I figure it is good resistance. She likes to sit on my back while I do pushups - needless to say, I don't do too many with her on me!

My mom actually let me borrow her set, so I have been doing that this week. I've just been doing the first video this week, which is much easier than any Cathe, but it is a nice break. I'm on day 4 now, and so far so good. We will see if I can actually stick to the program for 6 straight weeks. I may have to throw a Cathe in there once in awhile!
Have any of you ever done the Slim in 6???

~Marie - have fun painting this weekend and stay cool!

Have a great weekend!

Good morning,

I'm so glad it's Friday. I don't have class tonight, so I slept in this morning and will work out after work. I'm planning to do the last five or six intervals of Imax 2, then Muscle Max and the floor work of PLB. I don't have a stability ball, so I just do that part of the workout on the floor.

Cynthia, great for you to make it through such a long move. One of my best friends moved from Indiana to Arizona after college and has never looked back! And ew to the tarantula. You have more willpower than me... I probably would have immediately started repacking the truck to get out of there! I HATE spiders.

Thea, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the concert.

And yes, yay for football season! My Boilermakers aren't on TV this week though. I like UW, but I don't think it's possible to erase 26 years of Purdue fan-dom in just one year :)

Take care,
ellen

Goodmorning BB's

I took a rest day yesterday. I just didn't have it in me - I was physically exhausted, so I decided to rest because I figured I could risk injury if I pushed it. But today I'm back on track.

Marie - isn't painting fun??? Of course I'm being sarcastic, but it always looks so nice when you're done. When all the hard work is done, it's so nice to be able to sit and admire it! We also have an outdoor fireplace and a regular wood fireplace in the house, so we also enjoy the cool nights - and the fireplace is one of the few things we enjoy in the winter!

Thea - I heard that the concert was great. A guy that went told my hubby that Mick looked like a stick with a raisin or prune ontop but that he moved like a 20 year old! Gotta admire that! Glad you had a good time.

Robin - I also am doing slim in 6. Which video are you doing this week - start it up or ramp it up? I have only done ramp it up once (Received it Wednesday and I was exhausted yesterday so I skipped it). I plan to do RIU again today and tomorrow AM before we leave for the boat. I am also adding some extra cardio in the form of walk and or walk/run with the dogs. I also am hoping to hang in there for 6 weeks, but also am sure that I'll be adding in some Cathe at some point to mix things up!

Ellen, I slept in this AM too. doesn't that feel nice? I really need to make sure that I get back into working out before school again next week.

DH and I are heading to the Kettle Moraine Jazz Fest tonight. I'm excited - we always love to go! Tonight is Mindy abair, and some other artists that I am not as familiar with, but it is always so nice and relaxing, and it looks like the weather is going to hold!

Have a great Friday everyone!

Amy

Hi Amy!

I'm doing Start It Up for this week. I have to admit that doing the exact same workout every morning now for 4 days straight is a little boring, but it is a nice break for my body. I will be doing Ramp It Up starting on Monday, so I'll let you know how it goes! I am also adding some cardio with walk/jogging with my dog and my daughter. It is not 'serious' cardio, but it is a little extra!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi, guys!

Cynthia - I watched a special on National Geographic about gilla (sp?) monsters and all the other creepy crawly things in Arizona. Yeah, I'll take a foot of snow anyday! ;)

Marie - Sounds like your house will be beauuuuuuutiful by the time you are done with all your remodeling. Are you trying to get ready for a special event?

Where's Pedmom (Jill)?

Jogged 4 miles this morning and will do Coremax #2 tonight. Tomorrow is Imax. }(

Have a great weekend everyone.

Sue.

Robin & Amy - Many of the VFers that were doing S in 6 or Slim Series alternate them with cardio to avoid the boredom and overtraining.

Sue - No special event but would like the bathroom done by Thanksgiving. We moved into the house the end of April and are working on our to do list. I wish we would have been able to do more before we moved furniture in but didn't have the time. They loved wall paper so we had some of that to remove and will have more in the future. The only one we are re-wallpapering right now is the main bathroom and it looks more like a faux finish paint. The new tile around the tub goes to the ceiling and the room is fairly large so moisture shouldn't be a problem. For the outside - we bought new storm doors and the one for the front is cranberry (looks more like a reddish brown) so we painted the shutters to match. The shutters and current storm door were a very pale yellow that looked blah! We just need to finish the trim before the doors go on. The bathroom was high on the priority list because I couldn't stand it. The tile was mint green and the wall paper was pink, blue and green flowers on top with wide pink stripes on the bottom. Eeeck! And the LR etc are ony getting painted because of the shiny spots that are obvious. The other rooms that need painting can wait til next year and will be a good winter project.

Yes - where is Jill? Hope she is OK.

Marie - thanks for the tip..I may do that, as I wondered how safe it was to work the same muscles every day.

As for removing wallpaper - I feel that pain!!! This house was completely covered in gaudy wallpaper when hubby moved in. The Zissner (I think?) is great stuff...spray it on, wait a bit and it peels right off. Your house is going to look great, and you'll be glad you did all the hard work! We want to get new windows, have to paint trim, and put up the new fence...I think that's all that has to be done before winter....but man...it's coming fast!

So many house projects, so little time (and $!)

We would have been lost wihtout that Zissner stuff when we removed the family room wallpaper. But even with that, we needed to use steam and alot of scraping! It took 3 days. We found out that 2 of the walls were paneling with wallpaper over and no drywall. SURPRISE!!! :( I think they applied it with super glue. That experience did not make us anxious to start removing it from other rooms. The one bathroom though came off much easier and hope as we tackle others they follow that rather than the family room experience. It was a great upper body workout though.

Are you going to the remodeling show at SFP? It is 9/16 - 9/18.

>Are you going to the remodeling show at SFP? It is 9/16 -
>9/18.
>

Thanks for the heads up on this. We *should* go but I hate being harassed by vendors. My SO loves talking to everyone and getting information this way so maybe I'll just send him ;-) .

We had to remove painted wallpaper from our foyer TWICE! It was a nightmare. The 1st time we could blame the previous homeowners who were lazy and painted over wallpaper. The 2nd time we were actually told be a decorator to prime the new wallpaper we put up (but never really liked) and were replacing. Then, when the wallpaper people came in they said "Oh, no you want to remove the wallpaper". Ugh!x( x(

Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.