Buff Badgers Feb 2-6

kaykay

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Today I will do KPC or spin. Yesterday went for a walk on the trails with DD6 and that was all the workouts I got in over the weekend.

DD16 is going to take her driving test today. I hope she passes. She wants this so bad.

Lala, did you get a run in over the weekend?

Laurie, did you preview STS yet? I can hardly wait, today is the day I should get mine.

Sue, when will things ever slow down at work for you?

Susan, are you rested and feeling better?

Have a great day.

HI there!:)

Karen, yes, I do feel a bit more rested! I am chalking last week up to a rest week cause it sure was bad! I have erased it from my memory and starting fresh today!:D My workout over the weekend was a long walk Saturday morning and that's it! :(

Today will be the elliptical for 35mn, pilates for 50 and we walked this morning.

I hope the rest of you had a nice weekend. I was kind of bummed that KC lost last night but Springsteen sure did a great job at halftime!

Check back later- Susan

Karen - A nice, long walk sounds good. Too much snow and ice on the sidewalk for me but I'm a wimp. ;) I don't know when things will get better for me at work. I worked 4 hours yesterday from home and barely made a dent. Met with my boss and co-worker to discuss my workload and she was assigned more things but we need to hire another body is what it comes down to but there's a hiring freeze. Good luck to DD16 on her driving test today! :)

Susan - I enjoyed the Springsteen show, too. Exciting game at the end. Glad it wasn't a blowout like in years past.

Did major cardio on Saturday (Power Cicruit cardio and Leslie 5 mile walk). Yesterday was Amy Bento Slo Mo Chest, Bis, and Tris. First time with this workout and I really liked it. Today was Tamilee Tighter Assets Cardio Blast and Leaner Legs abs. We'll see how I do the rest of the week. By Tuesday or Wednesday I'm usually exhausted already and don't get in any more good workouts until the weekend. Last Thursday and Friday were unplanned rest days.

Sue, the main thing is that you are doing something! At least you don't give up on exercise entirely! I hope things get better for you!

Hello Everyone,

Today I did MIC for the first time. OMG, I am beat and barely had any energy for the blast at the end. It kicked my butt. Tomorrow I am suppose to get STS, but I am not sure when I will start. I still haven't done any 1rm. Maybe I can somehow squeeze them in this week.

Sue don't beat yourself up about working out. I agree with Susan, as long as you do something, it doesn't really matter what it is. You sound so stressed at work I hope things get better for you.

Everyone else hello and keep up the good workouts. I know I will try I just need to work on my eating habits. Boy have I let those slip. :confused:

Hi, Dani! Have fun with STS whenever to decide to try it. The 1RM testing was one of many reasons why I decided to cancel my STS order. It just isn't for me right now with everything going on at work. I wish you well with your testing though. I'm working on the better eating, too. Heck, I'd be satisfied if I could just keep my eating under control. The 1st 2 weeks in January were good; the next 2 - not so good.

Forgot to wish everyone a Happy Groundhog Day! Too bad Jimmy the Groundhog in Sun Prairie (my hometown) saw his shadow. Six more weeks of winter. Hope the bitter cold is over and not too much more snow.

Good Morning,

Today I am starting STS.

DD did not pass her driving test. The lady was not very nice right off the bat and scared DD before she even got started. Another 2 weeks and we will try again, hopefully with someone else.

DH is going to start STS with me on Wed. It is going to be almost impossible to do the exercises with one set of each weight of dumbells and one barbell and one step. I guess I'll be giving it all up for him.

Sue, great job on staying away from the pringles and icecream and getting up to do your workouts. Look at that willpower. You are doing great.

Dani, hope you get your 1RM done soon so you can join me in STS.

Susan, glad you are feeling better and getting your workouts done again. I really wanted the Cardinals to win also. That Pittsburg team is just mean and dirty. I haven't liked them since I started watching football for that exact reason.

Hi Laurie, did you preview STS yet? How did you like the looks of plyo legs? I am chomping at the bit to do that one. I may add it in before it is scheduled.

lala, how is your week going?

Have a great day.

Keep up the good work all!

Hello! :D

Karen, sorry DD did not pass! Hopefully next time she'll have a better person to go with! Maybe you can do the STS while he's at work and just "coach" him while he does his workout.

I did not get all the pilats in yesterday that I wanted to so today is Pilates Power Sculpting for 60mn. My shoulder still bothers me. I think all the lifting and hauling I do at work does not help it! I attempted to do some Kickboxing, but that didn't work either. Pilates does not bother it very much unless I do side planks for something like that.

I'll be watching Biggest Loser tonight! :)

Take care- Susan

Hi everyone! Just a quick check in
Am doing 4DS this week after my rest week. I feel so much better. Got STS today and am planning on starting it monday.

Susan, have you had your shoulder checked out yet? It´s been bothering you for a while, hasn´t it? Glad that you´re getting back to yourself!

Sue, keep up the good work. and hope you find some ways to destress!

Karen, Good luck to DD in 2 weeks :confused: and yes, I did get a run in this weekend! so nice to have the temps above 20! Back to the deep freeze for a while now:(

Hi Laurie and Dani. Dani, I know a lot of people are starting STS without doing the 1RMs.

Morning!

Sorry I have been MIA, but it has been busy at work. I am taking some time to chat now, but I have to get going. Will make sure to stop buy and chat some more later tonight when I get home. That is if no one is on the computer. If they are they will get booted off!

Got STS, and have only previewed one disc. DD and I may attempt this rotation together, and that would mean that I will be starting in June. :D That is ok with me, because I have some workouts and want to finish the current rotation I am on.

Laurie

Good Morning,

Today I will do some type of cardio. Loved STS, but it seemed to go on forever. I wouldn't even have needed the 1 rep max as I had a really good idea of what weight I needed already. I do not like pushups, but I am sure they are good for you.

DD has quite the cold and stuffy nose and runs around the house crying, holding her nose. She slept with us last night so neither DH or myself got much sleep and got coughed on and kicked quite a bit.

Hoping to get rid of a rash I've had since right after Thanksgiving, really miserable. Of course, the Dr. can't figure anything out except to keep me on a cream that will thin my skin. Don't know what to do. At wits end.

Still no van. We took it to another place, hoping it can be fixed. There are just no 8 passenger vans that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Laurie, neat you and DD can do STS together. It isn't going to work with all of us BB doing it together.

Lala, love 4DS. Have fun with STS on Mon. This weekend is suppose to warm up again.

Susan, good idea on working with DH, just don't want to get up at 5:30 and not get anything done. Are you going in to get you shoulder checked out soon? What did you think of BL last night. I know I am happy a team of Bob's went home and we got rid of whiner girl.

Hi to the rest of you BB, hope things are going well.

Have a wonderful day.

HI! Did KCM 30 minute kickbox this am. It´s a good workout for days that I don´t want to get up early or am tired. I feel that it is an intermediate workout and although fun, I don´t get as good a workout as with Cathe!

Karen, I´m not wild about push ups either, really chest work in general:(, but I do it!

Laurie, that will be fun to do STS with DD. Think I´m going to preveiw some right now:)

HI ladies!

Yesterday was a busy, tiring day for me, sorry I forgot to post! :eek:

I went to bed extra early last night and feel much more rested today. Woke up and went for a very chilly walk, after school I'll be on the elliptical and then Pilates Lower Body Power Sculpt.

When I took DD to the Dr. last week I mentioned my shoulder to her. She moved it around and did whatever Dr.'s do. She said she feels it's probably tendonitis of some sort. Told me to take anti-inflammatories and try not to over-use it for a couple weeks. I am not a pill-popper so I have not been good about taking the Advil. I'll do better on that!

Karen, I am sorry the van situation has not been resolved yet! I know what you mean about the price of large size vehicles! Have you tried looking for sale online? I know my DH found his car using "beebeep.com".

Laurie, I think it's great you and DD will be doing STS together. My DD is anti-athletic. I am hoping that as she gets older, she'll become more athletic. I told her she's skinny as a twig right now, but it may not always be that way! It's important to exercise!

Lala, I too do not like push-ups. Right now I can't do them with my shoulder, but even when I am "strong" they bother my shoulder area!

I can't wait for the warmer temps this weekend! They are saying 40 here on Saturday! Woo Hoo!!:eek:

Check back later- Susan

Hi BB's,

Today I did disk 2 of STS tri/back, then yoga abs.

Just got back from lunch with DD6. So much fun to see all the interaction of her friends.

lala, I agree with KCM kickbox routine. What did you think of her Bootcamp one? I thought that one was very good. I should know better than to get bootcamp workouts though because I never do them. (note to self, don't buy any more bootcamp dvds)

Susan, glad you are rested up again. Hope your shoulder quits giving you problems soon. Those things take forever to heal, don't they. Warmer temps. Yea. I am so excited. We need a break from this cold.

Hi to the rest of you BB's,

Have a great day.

Hi, just got back from a "jog" with the dog. It is so nice out...*almost 30* hooo hooo!
Yes, Susan, can't wait for the warm weather this weekend! Hope you get the shoulder thing figured out. Sounds like a "rest it" thing...that takes so long, though:(. When I saw a doc about my piriformis I mentioned about my tennis elbow and she said that it takes about 18 months to heal :(

Karen, I don't have the KCM bootcamp.

gotta go

Hi there! Finally Friday and the sun is shining and I got lots of sleep! Good day so far!:D I plan on doing Step Blast after work today.

Saturday our DS is in his first basketball tournament and he is very excited. For only being 9yrs. old, the team plays really well. Sunday I have no plans after church. DH has gone on a little fishing trip with his buddies. He left last night and will be back tomorrow afternoon in time for the tournament. He needs a little time away from work!

I tried to change my profile pic yesterday and it wouldn't let me! I had the image size right but it still "failed to load". Frustrating....

Hope you all enjoy your day and weekend!

Hi gals,

Today I did STS legs disk 3. I skipped one day of cardio this week to get on schedule. Hopefully I can get some cardio in this weekend. It seems weekends end up being no workout days for me.

Susan, really like the pilates section of Cathe's STS abs dvd. I've done it twice and really feel it. Glad you are well rested. Have a fun time with Step Blast.

lala, nice you got to get our for another run. Are you planning on any races? How far do you go when you are out?

Hi to the rest of you BB and have a great weekend. Off to the bank. DH father is coming for supper tonight and one of DD11 friends is spending the night. What to have for dinner?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.