Buff Badgers April 12-16

kaykay

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Today I did Tonique 1. Sat. I ran 2 1/2 miles, Lauren Kettlebell 1, stretchmax, 2 mile walk with the dog. Sun. ran 4 miles with DH.

Sue, hope you had a wonderful trip.

Soccer starts this week. Busy, busy.

Lala, do you swim with the immersion method?

Morning BB's,

This morning was Core Cardio & Balance. Friday was Max Recovery, Sat Max Interval Circuit, Sun was a rest day for me.

Had a great time with my two days off, and really didn't do much of anything. Thurs was just my workout and the rest of the day I was a couch potato. Friday I got the house cleaned, and Sat & Sun I actually was able to read a book. Have not done that in quite a while.

Karen, Looks like you had a great weekend for exercise.

Have a great day!

I'M BACK!!! :)

We got back from our trip to Florida on Saturday. Still getting used to this cold Wisconsin weather when we had 80 and sunny all last week. :D The weather was beautiful, everyone had a great time, I walked 16,000-20,000 steps a day (that was my daily workout) and had lots and lots of fun. Rode some crazy roller coasters and saw more 3D shows than I can count. LOL Back to reality (Boo!) but gotta pay the bills somehow.

Karen - Good workouts over the weekend. Nice variety, too.

Laurie - I love taking days off and being a couch potato. You deserve it with all the running around you do normally.

Hi to Susan, Lala and Cheryl! Did you guys get snow last week?

Yesterday I went for a jog/walk of 3 miles. This morning I did Supersets Upper premix. Have to ease myself back into my workouts. Already feeling sore from doing those 2 workouts. Track season is starting for DS. DD is still busy with sound crew on the school play. Trying to get the kids to Dojo at least once a week, too. My niece had her baby on Saturday 5 weeks early but both baby and mother are doing fine. This makes grand-nephew/niece #8!

Had a great long weekend! Fri. did STS bis, tris, shoulders, ab circuit stability ball (my abs are still killing me!), and a 2.5 mile run. And then did the couch potato thing ;)

Sat was step moves and cardio circuit cardio only

Sun...rest and today STS back/chest...with some cheating. The last 2 exercises I only did 2 sets of each :eek:

Karen, you sure did a LOT of working out over the weekend! I never heard of the immersion method and looked it up...it sure looks interesting, and I´d even like to take a seminar or something!

Sue, welcome back!!! Although leaving that sunshine has to be hard! You sure did a lot of walking...and that counts! when we were in Boston that´s basically all I did and my legs were sore!

Laurie, isn´t it great to actually have time to read?!! One of the many reasons I love summer!

Morning BB's,

Max Interval Plyo is finsihed for me today. Pushed myself to the max on this one today. This my last week of Insanity so I though I would give these workouts a good send-off! :eek: Looking forward to doing something different.

Susan, Welcome back, guess you have to wait a little for the warm weather to get to us. Glad you had a good time, and got in lot's of walking. Congrats on the new addition to the family.

Lala, I sometimes forget how much I enjoy reading until I can actually sit down and get into a novel. You did some great workouts this weekend too.

Have a great day!

Hi,

Today I didn't do anything yet. We are suppose to go for our Tue. night bike ride but it is cold and rainy here. Hopefully it will clear.

Laurie, glad you are giving Insanity a good send off. You will be back.

Lala, nice workouts. Are you following a rotation? How many laps do you swim when you go swimming? Do you do all crawl? DH is using immersion to train for his sprint tris, and teaching the kids too. I don't like swimming much so am debating if I should try to learn it too. Do you burn a lot of calories doing it? So little time and so many questions.

Sue, glad you are back and had a great time. Lots of walking sounds good. How is DS liking track this year. Congrats on the new addition to the family. Sounds like you and the kids are keeping busy.

DD has a track meet tonight in Oseola and one on Thurs. here on the new track. DS 14 and 12 start soccer tonight. Still figuring out how to get me to biking if the weather changes and the boys to soccer.

Have a great day.

Lala - You "cheater" - just kidding :). If my muscles already feel good and worked out, I'll cheat and skip the last set, too - especially if it's been awhile since I've done that workout or worked out.

Laurie - Great job on Insanity! I hear you on wanting to do something else even though I'm sure you're getting great results with Insanity. I'm thinking of doing the Jillian rotation again before summer but don't know if I could handle doing the same 3 workouts for a month again.

Karen - DS just had his first practice on Monday so it's too early to tell if he likes it. I'm just glad he's doing something to keep active.

Did 2 Leslie miles this morning. Should have time to do Tonique on Exercise TV - if it's still there - haven't checked since I've been back.

Hi! Today was athletic step. Still can´t get that side kick to a back turn :eek:

Laurie, when you did Insanity did you add any weight workouts? If so, how did you do it and if not, did you lose any strength or tone?

Karen, it has cleared up here, so hope you get that bike ride in! I swim anywhere between 40-72 lengths and vary it: crawl, back, breast and fly. I also have an ipod workout by Coughlin from itrain that I use. Like I said, I have never done the immersion method but it sounds like it is worth trying. As far as calories burned, according to the workout manager, swimming burns less than other stuff (Imax, kickbox, etc) but I always feel like I have put in a good workout...it is my favorite :)

Sue, yea, I´m so anal that even cheating on those last few exercises made me feel guilty...but I got over it ;) Is exercise TV on cable? We have cable but not exercise TV, so maybe we just have the basic. anyway it sounds like something worth looking into.

Good Morning,

Did get in our bike ride 30 miles. Today I did ME and tonight I hope to get a run in if my shoulder feels better. I'll try to get into the chiro. at lunch today.

Lala, still have to try Athletic Step. My DH is loving swimming too.

Sue, did you get to do Tonique?

Have a good day.

Lala - Yes, Exercise TV is on cable but if you have just Basic cable you probably don't have it. :( It works well for trying out workouts before you buy. One thing I noticed though is that sometimes you don't get the whole workout. Tonique on ETV is only 30 min. but I think the complete workout is about an hour. Sometimes the editing doesn't include both sides for the exercise. For example, last night I had to rewind for 2 different exercises in order to work the other leg. For a "free" workout, I'm willing to put up with little inconveniences like this. I've found some new instructors I'd like to try, too (Stephanie Vitorino and Amy Dixon).

Karen - Yep, I did Tonique last night (30 min. version on ETV).

Nothing yet today. Thinking about going for a jog/walk after dinner if it's nice out.

Afternoon BB's,

Strange for me to type that! I had to take the girls to the dentist this morning, so am a little late in my post. Max Cardio Conditioning is finished, but still need to get in the ab workout. Hope I will be able to get that in after work.

Sue, I really did enjoy that Jillian rotation, but can agree with your not wanting the same three workouts. I purchased her Yoga Meltdown, and plan on trying that out on Monday after I do my last Insanity Fit Test. I had seen it on ExerciseTV, and it actually looks really good for 30 min. of yoga. Apparently she is coming out with a kettlebell (not getting this), and an ab workout (getting this). She rocks the abs in all her DVD's. I'm thinking of getting those Tonique workouts, just to see if it will help with my legs. Got to try something to get the upper thighs reduced. :D

Lala, I added weights in the first month. I did a combo of CTX/MIS, doing one body part per day. Since the workouts in the first month only go from 30-45 min., this worked really well. As far as I can tell, I have not lost any muscle def. in my arms. have not really gained anything either. But the leg muscles in my thighs has gotten more defined. For me the legs are still going to be a slow process, but I'm determined. ;) Now that I'm finishing this, and going to combine with weights, should hopefully see more improvement.

Karen, Isn't it fun trying to get everything done, and having to do the pick-up/drop-off thing coordinated. ;) My DD17 had a relay meet last night, and they got 2nd in two events. They where disqualified in another. :(

Have a great day!

Hey Everyone! I am still here! I have been so busy the past couple weeks. I apologize for not checking in! Soccer and baseball have started plus all of lifes other "Stuff". Don't know if I am ready for all this to start again!

I have been following P90X perfectly and am in week 7. Today is Chest/Shoulders/Tris followed by Ab Ripper. Was going to put it off until tomorrow cause I am very tired but decided I wouldn't!

Sue, so glad you had a great time on your trip!

Laurie, any ideas what you'll do when you're done with Insanity?

Well, I have to go help DS with homework! Take care and I will be back tomorrow!! :D

Quick check in. today was plyo legs and since DH and DD had the cars, I walked home...2.6 miles. But it was a beautiful day for it!

Susan, great work on P90X!

Laurie, DD is off to a great start.

Will try to get in a run tomorrow if the rain holds off!

Morning BB's,

No workout for me yet, had a really bad sinus headache. Feeling much better now, so will be headed to the basement tonight to get Max Interval Circuits done.

DH is headed home today from Vegas, and must say that I'm really really glad. :D

Susan, Totally understand the running around and not having the time. That is how most of my evenings feel. Congrats on you P90X progress. I will be going onto a STS Undulating rotation. Going to be doing 1 week of each Meso, and then taking a recovery week. Mixing in Hiit/Insanity/Kickboxing/Running and Yoga. I'm ready to start lifting some weights. ;)

Lala, Hope you get your run in today, so far it looks to be fab around here. 2.6 miles in great weather is a bonus. ;)

Have a great day!

Hi there! Today is supposed to be YogaX. Lately I have been taking Thursdays as my rest day but today I think I will do the elliptical . We'll see.... I'm pretty tired.:(

Laurie, sounds like quite the rotation you have ahead of you! Funny cause I am ready to not lift weights for a while!;)

Beautiful day out there! Might have to go play some basketball or bike ride with DS. DH went fishing and DD is not feeling well...

Morning BB's,

Max Interval Sports Training is finished. Got my workout finished last night too. Saturday will be Max Interval Plyo, Sunday is Max Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs. The only Insanity workout I would have left after this is the Fit Test on Monday! :D

Susan, Our rotations where very different. Hey you can do cardio cardio cardio, after you get the P90X finished. ;) Have a great day, and enjoy the weather. Sorry to hear that your DD isn't feeling well.

Have a great day!

Hi

Didn't do anything yesterday. Today I ran 5 miles on the trails with the dog, did stretchmax and coremax. Tonight I want to get in some weight work or kettlebell workout.

Susan, hope DD is feeling better. Did you end up doing a workout yesterday? What rotation are you doing next?

Laurie, nice job with Insanity. Can you give me an example of your rotation that you are going to do? It sounds like what I have been doing but not really following anything, just using those workouts.

DD ran the 2 mile and the 4X800 relay last night at our first home meet on the new track.

Have a good day.

Wednesday night was busy and I was sick yesterday (stomach flu or possibly food poisoning). Still feeling queasy today so may not workout tonight either. Not a good week. :(

Everyone take care. Do a little extra in your workouts for me ;) and have a great weekend.

Hello there!

Today is P90X Legs/Back and Ab Ripper. I love this leg workout!:D Yesterday I just played with my DS for my exercise!:p Saturday is KenpoX and Sunday is elliptical and pilates.

Laurie, yes more cardio will be on the agenda, for sure! Hope to start a running schedule of some type after this is done!

Karen, Have not decided what I'll do exactly, I miss Cathe and even Jillian so I may think up a rotation incorporating P90X and those ladies together!

Sue, I am so sorry to hear you are not feeling well! Take care of yourself and rest easy!

My DD was better today. She has a dance after school so even if she was still sick she'd insist on going!;)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.