BUFF BADGERS 8/2 - 8/6

susanz

Cathlete
Hi ladies!

Sorry I didn't post end of the week. DH decided on Thursday, we were going camping. It was fun, but I was glad to be home late yesterday. Today I walked followed by KenpoX. I missed doing that workout!

Other than that our weekend was quiet. I read 1.5 books which was nice. Kids had a great time. I just missed my workouts! That along with the fact that our friends do not eat the same way I prefer to.... Was too afraid to step on the scale this morning! :eek:

Have a great day ladies!

Susan

Good Morning

Today I did Turbo Fire Hiit 30, it was an ok workout. It went fast and was fun, definitely no dread factor but no where near as intense as Cathe's Hiit. I haven't tried any other ones yet. Then I did Insane Abs and 4DS biceps/triceps.

Susan, glad you had a fun weekend. I'll bet it is nice to get back to your workouts. Our scale isn't working it is about 6 pounds light.:) I guess it is working. I like the numbers now much better.

Susan - What a trooper you are! Ready to pack up and go camping on short notice. :) Sounds like a relaxing weekend and you got to READ! :eek: I'm so jealous. Can't remember the last time I picked up a book. . . I'll bet you punched and kicked extra hard with Kenpo today, didn't you? ;)

Karen - I need to get me one of those broken scales. :D It'd make me feel better for a few minutes anyway. I mailed the tickets last Friday so your parents should be getting them soon if they haven't already. I received the check today in the mail along with the SASE but I had already mailed the tickets - oops!

Friday night I did KCM 30MTF Plyo (LOVE this workout! It's easier than Cathe's HIIT - maybe that's why. ;)) Also did 2 Leslie miles. On Saturday I did Shape Hollywood Workout. I don't know why but I get DOMS with this workout. It seems so easy but it definitely hits the muscles differently. Sunday and Monday are a big, fat NADA as far as workouts. :( Just too busy. Worked on Ninja costumes yesterday afternoon and went to see Wicked last night (it was FANTASTIC!) Tonight DD had her championship baseball game. They lost 11-2 and came in 2nd. The girls had a great season so I'm very proud of them.

Better get to bed if I want to get a workout in tomorrow a.m. Good night!

Had a great weekend in Duluth. the tall ships were interesting. One was used for the Pirates of the Caribbean...the line for that one was 5 hours, so we just took pictures!

Went for a walk with my SIL on Sun and today was a 4 mile run. Hot and humid :p

Karen, keep up with the turbofire reviews. That is on my wish list! And I would LOVE your scale...please!

Sue, Congrats to DD and her baseball season. Glad you enjoyed Wicked. What are the ninja costumes for?

Susan, glad you had a good time camping and reading! What did you read? I've been able to get in a few books this summer...One novel by Isabel Allende "La isla bajo el mar", "The girl with the dragon tatoo" and have 2 more going!

Hi Laurie!

Hi,

Today I am going for the bike ride/4DS shoulders and maybe floorwork for legs.

Sue, thank you for doing all that. Can you use the stamp off of the envelope? Glad you liked the KCM workout. It seems like we like everything if it's easier than Cathe. Who leads shapes workout? congrats to DD and her team.

Lala, That is a long wait to see a boat. Glad you had a good time. Nice job on the run in the heat.

Have a great day.

I am going to miss my kids. All but 2 are going to my parent's. DD19 and DD17:( DD7 is having a hard time. :(

Hello! Today I did the elliptical and pilates and am now heading out to mow lawn, etc...!

Sue, I must have punched hard yesterday, cause my arms are a bit sore today!:)

Karen, I think I'd miss my kids too. I often find myself wishing for a break from them, but know I'd be lost without them!:p

Lala, the one book I finished was a funny mystery by Kyra Davis called Sex, Murder and a Double Latte. The other is As Seen on TV by Sarah Mlynowski. They have both made me laugh a lot and were fun to get in to! I saw that the big ships were going to be up there. Thought it would have been nice to take DS to see them. Maybe next year!

Have a great day! Susan

Lala - I wouldn't wait in line 5 hours either - unless Johnny Depp himself was there! :D The Ninja costumes are for GenCon (http://gencon.com) in Indianapolis. DH is taking the kids and they have a costume parade. They went last year but didn't dress up and wish they had, so this year they're prepared! I'm not into gaming so I'm staying home and enjoying some ME time. :D

Karen - You are very welcome. :D Yes, I can re-use the stamp. Gunnar Peterson leads the Shape workout. He's very mellow but has a nice personality. I wish the workout was a tad harder though so I modify by using the heaviest weight I can.

Susan - Those look like interesting books. One of the things on my to-do list this weekend when everyone is out of town and going to a bookstore and getting lost in there as long as I want!

Did NYC this morning. Has anyone ordered the new KCMs? Anyone pre-ordering the new Cathes? I probably will pre-order although I'll wait until she announces the price increase so I can hang onto my money longer.

Bonjour! (I mean Au revoir !)

Last edited:
Good Morning,

Today I did 4DS shoulders/back/chest and Turbo Fire Hiit 30 and the stretch. I love the Turbo Fire workouts. One of my best purchases of this year. Fun, fun, fun. No dread factor, the music is fun and I love chalene's personality.:D Last night we did 35 miles at average of 21.5 mph. Fun ride.
Sue,
I ordered the new KCM workouts from Mary so I don't have them yet. I really am enjoying all of Kelly's stuff though. She gets a lot done in a short amount of time. I am going to preorder Cathe's today.:) I can't wait.

Susan, you had a very busy day yesterday. Are you doing more pilates again or are you still using Jillian's yoga?

Have a great day.

Hi all! Today was 4DS BC and yesterday I did 4DS HIS...I´m doing Cathe´s Aug rotation with some editing...I´ll be driving DS24 to VA next week so don´t know what kind of workouts I´ll get in.

Susan, thanks for the book suggestions, I´m going to check our library.

Sue, I think (almost positive) that I´ll preorder the downloads...like you I´ll wait til just before the price goes up.

Karen, Wow...lots of exercising!! did you bike today, too? Saw the fotos on FB of your run and ride...way to go!

Hi Laurie!

Hi Ladies! Didn't get a chance to check-in yesterday! DD was sick.:( Yesterday was NMTZ, but I used heavier weights. A little sore now! Today is the elliptical followed by Yoga Meltdown #2.

Karen, I am doing both pilates and Jillian's yoga in this rotation. You got a lot done yesterday! I would have been tired!

Sue, hope you enjoy your quiet time this weekend!

Lala, how long of a drive will that be for you? I can't stand being in a car too long! I am too antsy!

Have a great day! Susan

Good Morning,

Today I did Bum Bum Live/High and Tight standing band and floor band work and 20min. Turbo Abs. Really like Turbo Fire workouts, this ab work was different than any I've done. Went for a 32 mile bike ride with hill repeats last night with DH.

Susan, NMTZ with heavier weights would be really hard. It's a hard enough workout with the weights she uses. Do you like Jillians meltdown #2 better than #1? I do. Is DD feeling better today?

Lala, you are getting to do the Bootcamp workout a lot lately. I'll have to look at her new rotation. I wish I knew how to use downloads then I could just get them instead of the dvds. What photos of races? I haven't done any. Maybe it was DH and DD in the run and DH in the bike racing? I don't know. Have a safe trip.

Hi Sue and Laurie.

Off to help some friends move and then get groceries.

Good morning! Nothing so far today. Think I´m scheduled for 4DS KB, but may run instead :p

Karen, the photos were on facebook and said you were tagged..one was a run and one was a bikeride. Nice workouts!!

Susan, yes, it is a LOOONNNGGG trip...22 hours in 2 days, and yes, I´m a bit concerned about my mental health :D I don´t do well AT ALL long trips in a car, but my motherly instinct is winning out :D We are flying back, but then about 3 days later doing the same thing to get DD18 to Boston. We may fly both ways for that one, though. Hope DD is feeling better...it sucks to be sick in the summer!

Have a great weekend everyone!

TGIF! :D

Lala - 22 hours is a long drive. We drove 18 hours to Colorado all the time when I was a kid (my sister lived there - still does). Now the thought of driving more than 5 hours seems awful. Guess I'm spoiled. Today would be a great day to run. Don't know about where you are but it's much cooler today.

Karen - Nah nah nah nah - I'm not listening. ;) Already made up my mind not to get the Turbo Fire workouts. I ordered KCM 30MTF Circuit Burn so I'm really excited about that.

Susan - Hope DD feels better soon. I am already enjoying my quiet time. It's amazing how I clean something up and it STAYS CLEAN! :D Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.

Last night I did KCM 30MTF Step Plyo Plus premix 49 min. I LOVE this dvd and this premix was good, sweaty fun.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi,

Today I did High/Tight ankle weight section and sculpt from BBL. Already toning in my butt area.

Sue, glad you are enjoying KCM, I really like her workouts. I think you would like turbo fire. Where did you order Circuit Burn from? My parent's and kids are at the fair today, thanks in part to your generosity in getting the tickets. Thanks.

Lala, So, did you end up running? Sounds like two long trips coming for you. Glad I am not you. Going to Colorado was plenty for me. Are you renting a car down so you can fly back? Have a safe trip. I'll bet it was nice having them home over the summer.

Off to do more laundry and i am even missing 4 children.

Have a great weekend. Hoping to get some biking/running in.

Karen - I ordered KCM off her website coffeyfit.com. Ordered on Wednesday so probably won't see these until next week. I'm so glad to hear your kids got to go to State Fair. :D Ask them if they tried spaghetti and meatball on a stick. :eek: It sounds interesting doesn't it? I may have to try it when we go next Friday. Still not listening on the Turbo Fire workouts. . . ;)

Hi there! Today was PlyoX. Had a great time!:eek: My weekend looks pretty quiet. DD is feeling much better today. We went to the pool with my friend and her 2 kids. Saturday I plan on doing BFBM and Sunday the elliptical and StretchX. I have never done Stretch X before!

Lala, 22 hours?? I would be done! Well, actually my knees would be. I can't stand to sit for too long, my knees ache.

Karen, bet your house is quieter huh?!

Sue, to sleep in sounds wonderful to me today. For some reason I can't seem to stop yawning! LOL!

Hi Laurie!

Take care ladies! Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.