BUFF BADGERS 7/9 - 7/13

susanz

Cathlete
Hi ladies! That weekend went by too fast! It was nice, quiet, but could have used another day!;)

Saturday was Cross Fire, Sunday was a brisk walk and 40mn bike.It was supposed to be my rest day, but I felt like moving! This morning my week was started with To the Max!

At least the weather has cooled off a bit. Now we just need some rain!

Have a great Monday ladies! Susan​

I am looking forward to some cooler weather this week too Susan. It has been ridiculously hot for the last 10 days.

Saturday was 45 minutes on the elliptical and today was Upper Body Split from Low Impact Challenge. I think I have only done this workout once or twice so I was not prepared for those soldier push ups to start out the program. I haven't done this workout enough toremember. That exercise alone is enough to want me to avoid doin this one. :eek: What makes Cathe start out a workout with soilder push ups....another moment where she has totally lost her mind.

I was planning on just using a variety of workouts for the month of July for some reason I feel need to do a rotation. I have to find something that will keep my attention.

Morning Ladies,

Tired this morning, and did not workout. I have Insanity Fit Test on tap for after work, and Skogg Roots workout. So far so good on the kettlebells, still learning though. ;)

I don't know how much time I will be on this week, will be trying to get as much work done as possible. Have to leave to go up north for my Uncles funeral on Thursday. I am then on vacation next week. Can't believe I'm saying that I need a vacation already, but it has been a very emotional time, and I think I need to spend some time with my family now.

Susan, How do you like the new workouts?

heartymax, Maybe it is getting that horrible exercise out of the way! :eek: I have a few of those type of exercises that I just want to avoid because I don't like them. In Insanity Shaun does a moving push-up. I just do push-ups during that, because I am so uncoordinated that I don't understand what they are doing. :confused:

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning, ladies. Well, the "crick" in my neck lasted all weekend. I'm too young for stuff like this :rolleyes: My upper back and neck are really sensitive, and it seems like the littlest thing can make them go out. Anyway, no workouts :mad: It feels a lot better today, so I was going to try something during DS's nap.

Did you read about Cathe's new series???? It sounds pretty awesome! I'm a little bummed that it includes a spinning workout since I don't have a bike, but the other nine workouts sound really cool. Lots of strength training.

Laurie- I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. It sounds like your vacation is coming at the perfect time.

Susan- You must really be digging those workouts! Which of the two do you like best?

Heartymax- I know! Those push-ups! She does them so fast, too. I can only do a few push-ups on my toes, and I certainly can't do soldier push-ups at that breakneck speed! I was thinking of building my own rotation for the rest of the month, too. I'm wasting too much time figuring out what I want to do every day.

Have a great day. No rain in the forecast, but I'm praying that will change!

Hello everyone! Sorry to be so bad about posting. I thought this summer would be less hectic because the kids aren't playing baseball/softball but it hasn't. Last Friday we moved our DR (disaster recovery) box to its co-location site so that kept me busy at work.

I'm still doing STS and Couch to 5K. Yesterday was Disc 23 Legs (ouch!) and this morning was Couch to 5K Week 6 Day 3. Ran (well, jogged) 15 min. straight!

Heartymax - I don't even remember what soldier pushups are but I have a feeling I modified them anyway! LOL

Laurie - Sorry to hear about your uncle passing. I'm sure it's an emotional time for you and your family and that in itself can be tiring. Do what's best for your health whether that feels like working out or spending time sitting and talking.

Sam - I haven't read the details yet about the new series but it sounds good so far. I feel so far behind in that I didn't order Cross Fire or To the Max and barely did the LIS series. Now a new one! I think I'll need to get reacquainted with my other Cathe workouts after STS.

Brenda - I never responded to the news about your implementation being delayed. We delayed ours several times for business reasons and it turned out to be the right decision. It would have been a DISASTER to go live since we were no where close to ready. One of our major customers went live with a major ERP package and couldn't print invoices! Not good.

Susan - You just have too much energy to do all that on a rest day!

Well, today's my birthday so I'm looking forward to going out to dinner tonight. Brought in homemade cupcakes for a birthday treat and I think I need one this afternoon since the morning has already flown by. I was on the phone for 2 1/2 hours this morning working on a problem. Not the way to spend your birthday but maybe next year I'll be smart enough to take the day off. :D

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Good Evening Ladies!!

The weekend was nice and too short, as always. :) Saturday I did Drill Max and Sunday was my rest day (from working out anyway). Cleaned our house and worked out in the garden in the afternoon, was a productive day. Saturday I cleaned my parents house and then we had a 25th wedding anniversary party to go to.

Slept horrible last night. Legs were extremely restless and ice packs didn't work this time. Only got about 3 hrs of sleep. I was going to do Low Impact Circuit this morning but with the left leg bothering me a little, I decided to do Upper Body Split from Tri-Sets.

Susan - I can't wait to do the new workouts again. I have to see how the leg does this week.

Laurie - Sorry to hear about your Uncle.

Sam - Hope the neck is doing better. I read about Cathe's new series... can't wait!! :D I'm sure I'll be pre-ordering that one. I was hoping that we'd have the option to purchase without the cycling like we did with her Low Impact Series.

Sue - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D Good week for a birthday.... mine is on Thursday! I know it was probably for the best that we didn't go live yet because I do think it would have been a disaster. None of our documents (invoices, purchase orders, sales ack) were ready. We are implementing in phases, which is a good thing.

Hoping to sleep better tonight. I'm going to stretch the legs a little hoping I have less issues tonight.

Have a great night!
Brenda

Sue---Happy Belated Birthday!

Brenda---It seems like every where I look there are marriages falling apart so it is nice to hear that you were going to a celebration for 25 years of marriage. I hope you had fun at the party. I hope stretching helps your legs.

Sam---wow! I hadn't read about the new series until you mentioned it. I had to go back and check it out. Why does Cathe keep making this irresitable workouts:eek:

Laurie--DH has been thinking about trying Insanity. I asked him if he were crazy. I am hoping a coworker can let me borrow the 20 minute pre-test or what ever you call it DVD so he can try it out. If he likes it, I may get it for him.

I had another periodontal procedure yesterday and I am not feeling my best so no workout for me. I feel like I have a low grade fever which I didn't experience with the other 2 procedures.

Hello! This morning was Hi-Reps. Felt strong!

Sue, happy belated birthday! :D Way to go on your jog!!

Brenda, sorry to hear about your lack of sleep! Hopefully last night was better!

Hearty, hope you start feeling better. I hate mouth work. I have very sensitive teeth.

Sam, I had read about the new workouts and they sound very good. Now I am all confused! I was going to get Insanity, then I saw I could get Cathe's 4-Day Split series on sale + with a discount, and now this?? What is a girl to do?:eek:

Have a great day ladies! Susan

Morning Ladies,

I didn't workout last night, passed out after work. :rolleyes: This morning I did Pure Cardio and S90D Core Dynamics. I will do Roots Level 2 when I get home from work.

Sam, I did see the descriptions of the new workouts. I will have to see, but I may be getting some of them. Boxing for sure! I like the descriptions of the weight work, but will be waiting on the equipment. :p to the step! ;) Sorry to hear about your neck, take care of it.

Sue, Belated Happy Birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day yesterday. I don't usually take the day off either, but it probably would be a nice thing to do. WTG on the running!

Brenda, Dang on those legs, but good job getting in some type of workout for the upper body. ;) I was wondering what people would do with the cycling workout if they don't have a cycle. I think having the set without that workout would be a good option.

heartymax, The Fit Test is a good workout in itself. I would describe it as a Hiit workout. You do an exercise for 60 sec. and count how many you can get done in that time frame, then he gives you a rest for 60 sec. The exercises in that workout are ones that he does in all of the others.

Susan, One of the biggest problems I have is wanting all these new workouts, by all these instructors. I need a money tree!

Thanks for support on my uncles passing, it will be a tough day on Thursday, but my dd's will be with me. ;)

Have a great day!

Morning ladies! I finally worked out this morning. I did the Upper Body Express Premix of Athletic Training, which was basically everything except the firewalker series. I feel so much better, and the back exercises at the end with the band felt really good on my sore spot.

Well, I just read that we'll be able to order the new series without the cycling one, so I'm definitely in. I hope the presale period is long so I have time to save up for them :) The shorter times and all the flexibility with premixes has me sold. Unlike Laurie, I do wish there was a step workout ;), but that's okay. I have a lot of those I can sub in if I want. I understand that Cathe has to keep up with workout trends.

Laurie- See above. I don't think there's any step. I saw some VF people all excited about that. I'm guessing she might use the step for drills like in Hiit, though.

Susan- I know! Just when I was about the cave on TTM and Crossfire. They'll have to wait. Maybe I'll order them along with my preorder when the time comes, since the shipping will be free.

Sue- Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great, relaxing day (even though you had to work :confused:). What kind of cupcakes did you make? I've had a mad cupcake craving lately. I think I'm in withdrawal because I don't have students bringing them in all the time :rolleyes:

Brenda-Sorry your legs kept you up :(. That's such a horrible, horrible feeling. My insomnia kicked in last night and I got about 3 hours of sleep, too. Sleep issues suck :mad: (But they suck a little less when you've got someone to commiserate with ;)) Also, have you ever tried a bar of soap in the bed? I know that sounds strange, but my mom read it in her RLS newsletter and, inexplicably, it works well enough for some people that they can at least fall asleep. I'd say it works for me about half the time.

I wrote out a workout schedule for myself through the end of July when we leave on vacation. I'm telling myself if I write it down, I'll actually do it.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies or almost good afternoon!!

Thank goodness I slept better last night. I stretched the legs out pretty good before I crawled into bed so maybe that helped. Still didn't get enough sleep (about 5 hrs) but more then the night before. Leg felt pretty good this morning so I did the cardio blast from BM2.

Heartymax - I hate extensive mouth work. I hope you feel better. :(

Susan - I'd go for Cathe's 4 Day Split. I love those workouts. They have lots of premixes.

Laurie - I'm wondering if a person could do the cycling DVD on an elliptical.

Sam - I agree, sleep issues suck!! Bar of soap in the bed? Do you put it under your pillow or by your legs or doesn't it really matter. Do you use a specific kind of soap? I'd be willing to try it. For me it does seem to help when I have a set workout routine I'm going to do. Know I've been flying by the seat of my pants. I need to pick a rotation too.

Time for me to go outside and eat lunch since it is a beautiful day!!

Have a great afternoon!!
Brenda

Brenda-

Just in case you check in before bed... I've had luck with any old bar of soap I've had lying around, but I have noticed that it doesn't work as well when it's been unwrapped for awhile.

Also, I put it right by my knees, where I have the worst symptoms, but I was just reading online that what most people do is put it underneath the fitted sheet where it can be touched easily with their feet if their legs start acting up. Crazy! I think I'm going to try that myself. Also, the word on the street is that Ivory works the best. I have some of that in the house, so I may give that a shot, too.

In reading just now, a commenter on one of the articles says she drinks tonic water with quinine before bed, and that helps. I had heard about the quinine thing, but never thought to just drink tonic. All interesting stuff.

Wow---I am learning alot of tricks from you ladies. Thanks Sam for the tip about the soap. I don't have RLS, but I appreciate knowledge. Brenda, I am glad the stretching helped.

Laurie--thanks for describing the Fit Test. I am hoping to be able to borrow it from my colleague when I return to work.

Hi Sue and Susan!

I am feeling better today. I did Lower Body Blast minus the floor work for a 45 minute workout. I was sweating like crazy with those cardio burst in between. Almost reminded me of Plyo Legs.

Good morning! I did Step Blast today :D It's been awhile, and it's one of my very favorites.

Heartymax- I'm glad you're feeling better. You must be if you did LBB! I rented that from Kineticflix, but didn't get a chance to try it because I decided to stop the service and had to return everything I had right away, but it looked tough!

I'm trying to really tackle our "junk room" today. I want to get it cleaned out this week/weekend so that I can start setting it up as DS's homeschool room. It's tough to clean because that's where I've been keeping all my old greeting cards, little keepsakes, etc... It's not like I ever sit down to look at that stuff, but it's hard to get rid of it. :confused:

Have a great day!

Morning Ladies,

This morning was Skogg Roots Level 2, and the Insanity Fit Test. The fit test is about 25 min, but you go as hard as you can for each min. Leaving after work to head up north, so I will probably not be posting to much. My parents don't have a computer, but the library has service. The cabin doesn't have service, but the neighbor does. :eek: Will see how checking in goes this next week.

Sam, I hope that is the case with the step. I can use the step for the Hiit, because she pretty much stays in one place during those moves. Glad you are back to your workouts, I'm sure that it did feel good. I am going to try to do my workouts outside this next week, so it will be interesting if I actually get any of them done. Maybe if I start really early in the morning no one will see me jumping about doing Insanity. :rolleyes: Hope all goes well with the room cleaning.

Brenda, I would think that you could do the cycling DVD but use your elliptical. Do they have something like it at the library, just so you can try it our? Glad you had a better time sleeping.

heartymax, I actually love the Fit Test just as a workout, but I don't do it very often because it sounds weird to do a workout called Fit Test! :D

Have a great day!

Good Afternoon Ladies!!

I have to make this really quick.

This morning was low impact circuit. I did jumping where I could to get my heart rate up higher. My abs are still sore from Monday's workout.

Sam - thanks so much for all the tips for RLS. I'm going to try the soap. I'll pick up some Ivory over the weekend. :)

Hi Laurie, Heartymax, Susan, and Sue!!!

Sorry, so short. I'll try to get on later if I can. If I can't, everyone have a wonderful evening.

Brenda

Sorry to be late posting- busy morning today! Today's workout was IMAX2. I have not done this one in forever and had a blast!:eek:

Sam, Step Blast is one of my all-time favs as well. Goodluck cleaning the room out!

Hearty, glad you're feeling better.

Have a good night ladies~ See you tomorrow! Susan

Hey there! Last one to post yesterday, first one today! :p This morning was Cross Fire. Out of the 2, I would probably say this one is my favorite. :) I love all the Tabata stuff!

Wish I could play hooky today since it's going to be so nice out...

Have a great day ladies! I'll try to check back later~ Susan

Today was the 43 minute time saver premix from Body Max 2 followed by 15 minutes of Jillians 6 pack abs. I love it when she says "these abs don't come for free". Yep---it takes a lot of ab work and extreme clean eating to get those abs.

I mailed DS14 physical paperwork to the coach only to find out that he was not on the list to be cleared for practice so his paperwork got lost in the mail I guess. Sad thing is, the school is across the street from where I work and I decided to just mail it instead of getting caught in the congestion of dropping it off. His baseball season lasted a long time (they won the championship) so I knew he wouldn't be able to go to weight lifting until we got back from vacation. Well, I mailed it in a month ago and emailed the coach to tell him it was coming. I touched base with the coach when we got back from vacation to find out the days/times for training and find this out. Now, it will be August by the time I redo everything. AARGGHHH!!

Susan---you are definitely breaking in the new workouts.

Sam---you reminded me of all the stuff I need to be doing. I need to take some stuff to Salvation Army. I have clothes that I gathered last year in the fall that I never took. I delivered a bunch of stuff at the end of summer but never made my second trip. I have to work on that the next few days and definitely no later than next week.

Brenda--I love the music in Low Impact Circuit. Makes the workout so much fun.

Hi Laurie and Sue.

Brenda - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a good one!

Susan - I have to go back and watch clips of Cross Fire and To the Max. Do they both use weights? I would like to play hookey today, too. Gorgeous weather.

Heartymax - Congrats to DS for winning the championship! What a pain to have to go through re-doing all the forms. Ugh! Is this for football?

Laurie - Enjoy your vacation up north. I hope the weather cooperates with your outdoor workouts. Maybe some squirrels and rabbits will join in! LOL

Sam - I hate going through stuff trying to decide what to keep and to save. And then if I save it, where do I put it so I'll remember where it is when I want it? What's the best way to store it? And on and on. . . I'd much rather go clean something and be done with it. It'll be nice for you when it's all done though.

Did Couch to 5K Week 7 Day 1 this morning. Jogged 20 minutes straight! I can't believe how jogging 5 min. straight a few weeks ago was tough and now it seems like a piece of cake. The cooler weather definitely helps. I hurt my wrist somehow so have been putting off doing STS Disc 24. It's feeling better today so I'll try to do it tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.