BUFF BADGERS 4/2 - 4/6

susanz

Cathlete
Hi gang! Look who is on here early? :) My weekend was busy and the only workout I got in was walking yesterday. Feel great after my rest week and was ready to go 1st thing this morning. Today was Cathe's Cardio Supersets. I liked it a lot. I do not have 2 sliding discs so when she was doing that I was doing a higher intensity move. I did not add on the step portion this time but will be the next time.

Kids are on Spring break this week so it's a little less hectic... nice!;)

Hope you all had a great weekend! Enjoy your day~ Susan

Morning Ladies,

No workout for me yet today, just was way to tired. Saturday I did STS M3 Week 1 Squat Rack Legs. Still feeling that workout today. Yesterday was a day spent at DH's brothers. Celebrating Easter and birthday's with his family. Not a good eating day for me. ;)

Susan, My youngest isn't off until next week, she of course is looking forward to that. Glad that you had a good time with that workout. I don't have the discs either, but not sure that I'm going to get those workouts yet.

Have a great day!

Good morning!

Saturday was FIRM Cardio Sculpt.
Sunday was a Leslie 3 Mile. I had to modify way up to get my heartrate up, but got a pretty good, mindless workout. I did puddle jumpers when she did side steps, stuff like that.

I'll probably do yoga or take a rest day today. I'm trying to be easy on myself after battling that last bout of insomnia. I think it's easing up.

I had a good weekend. Hunger Games was good. DH enjoyed it even though he hadn't read the book.

Susan- Enjoy your spring break. Mine starts on Friday. I can't wait!

Laurie- I bet you ate some good food :D For the LIS workouts, I think a lot of people just do high-impact stuff for the disc moves if they don't have them. I like working with the discs, though. Mostly because I'm not a huge fan of tons of jumping.

Have a great Monday, everyone! The sun is shining!

Good morning! Today I was supposed to run but we thunderstorms so I got on the elliptical instead.:D However it was hard to get up since I love thunderstorms... Legs are actually pretty sore after Cardio Supersets yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised!

DH set up my own computer down by my exericse area so now I can log on as soon as I am done!:) It's also much faster than the ones the kids use (since they have filled it up with so much stuff!). We told DD she needs to sort through and start cleaning out that computer over Spring Break. I also hope to get some workouts downloaded on here to use!

Sam, what did you end up doing yesterday?

Hi Laurie!

Enjoy your day~ Susan

Good Morning ladies! I had a safe trip and enjoying seeing my family. I decided to bring a few workouts that didn't require a step. I know my eating won't be the best and I definitely don't want to gain any weight. I slept til 7 and did Afterburner. I brought along three sets of dumbells too---5's, 8's, and 15's, sliding disc and band. Supersets and the Hiits from Intensity do not require step so that is perfect. I also brought along Jillian's Shred and 6 pack abs. I own travel fit but I don't care for it do the Low impact series is wonderful to travel with.

Sam- I am glad you are slowly getting your energy back. L

Susan-- thunderstorms make me want to sleep on so I applaud you for getting up.

Hi Laurie and Sue!

The weather is absolutely beautiful. It is expected to be in the high 80s all week which is much better than the weather I left.

Good morning. Took a rest day yesterday. I kind of had to, because during what would have been my workout time, the dog ran off. I had to wake DS from his nap and haul him into the car so we could look for him :rolleyes: It was quite the adventure, but Elliot is safe and sound.

Also did lots of shopping yesterday. It suddenly occured to me that I have to make Easter happen for a certain almost-three-year-old on Sunday :eek: I also hadn't bought a dress yet, and I always buy myself an Easter dress. I bought one, but I'm not sure if I'll keep it or not.

Heartymax- I think the LIS workouts are great for travel, particularly Slide and Glide. The muscle toning in that one isn't the most difficult, but when I'm traveling I don't necessarily feel the need to push myself to the limit. I've been planning on taking them on my vacations this summer. I don't enjoy Travel Fit either... traded it a couple months ago.

Susan- Dog-chasing... definitely more exciting than a workout ;) I always get nice DOMS right in the "thutt" area after Supersets (and Afterburn too).

Have a great day everyone!

Morning Ladies,

This morning I did STS Meso 3 Chest & Back.

Sam, I took a rest yesterday also, just not able to get motivated after work. :) Oh yes I was eating good food, just wish sometimes that is wasn't that way. :D I bought myself an Easter dress. :)

Susan, Nice that you have that computer set up like that. Now you can get Cathe's workouts on download. ;) DOMS are good. :eek:

heartymax, How wonderful that you have those workouts along with you, very good choices. Enjoy your vacation, and of course seeing family. ;)

Susan - Enjoy your less hectic week. I hope the weather warms up for you. DH cleaned up one of our pcs and it runs much faster now. Get rid of the games and kill 2 birds with 1 stone! (I think your kids are like my mine in that they love their computer and video games -sometimes too much).

Laurie - Do you have a squat rack? If so I'll bet you're sore! I haven't lifted that heavy for legs since I stopped going to the Y a long time ago. The last few times I've used the new workouts has been without the gliding discs. It's just too much a pain to tear up my puzzle mats and re-assemble when I'm done. I've got to try these workouts again and see if I still like them. I think there are a couple I haven't tried yet.

Sam - I'm glad Elliot is safe. Oh, I remember the days of decorating Easter eggs and hiding baskets. I still hide the baskets but I asked the kids last weekend if they wanted to dye eggs and they looked at me like I was crazy. They are 15 and almost 17 now so I guess that's why.

Heartymax - Have a wonderful time! I think carrying all those dumbbells around is workout enough! LOL Jillian's workouts are great travel workouts - not a lot of equipment and only a small space required - so good choice.

Still in a funk over the weekend - not very motivated to workout and eating poorly. :( I did manage a short workout on Saturday - Jackie Warner's Power Circuit Training, Upper Body premix and Lower Body premix. Nothing on Sunday - my quads were sore from those UFCs. Yesterday I did High Reps but had to skip the abs and gliding lunges due to time. (I know I said I'd be doing circuits but just wasn't up to doing any cardio). This morning was half of Jillian 6 Week 6 Pack Workout #1 (15 min.) and 1 Leslie Fat Burning Mile. It was a short workout but made me feel better.

Yesterday was DS' birthday so we ate at a restaurant of DS' choosing which wasn't very heaIthy and then had Cookies and Cream birthday cake. I did the best I could at the restaurant and only had a small piece of cake so I consider that a victory. I "hid" the cake behind a bunch of stuff in the refrigerator so it doesn't taunt me each time I open the door. DS is trying to gain weight for football so I'll have to push him to eat lots of cake this week. The sooner it's gone the better!

Good morning! Today was Jillian's Banish Fat BM. For not having done that in a while, it was really fun! :) I am also ordering Jillian's Extreme Shed & Shred and her new lower body one through WalMart.com.

Heartymax, I hope you have a wonderful vacation! When we go away I tend to just plan on walking or running and bring also my bands"just in case". You did awesome packing all that stuff!:D

Sam, I have not bought any Easter basket stuff yet! DD informed me she expects lots of candy! :eek: That and a new toothbrush!;) I bought myself a new bouse but did not see a dress that I felt like buying! So glad puppy is back home safe and sound!

Hi Sue! you'll get back on track. At least you're doing a little bit of something, which is way better than nothing at all.

Have a great day ladies! It's supposed to be a nice Spring day out there!

Time for some coffee!:eek: Susan

Susan- you have several Jillian workouts in your collection.

Sam- I am glad Elliott is safe at home. Our dog escapes sometimes. Normally he goes to a neighbors as he knows that is a place the boys hangout. One night he ended up in the woods and it took a while for my DH to figure out he may be there. DH kept calling trying to help him they finally connected. Our poor dog was so scared when he came running.

Sue- I did the abs from Turbo Barre this morning. I thought about doing Jillian.

Laurie---what is your plan when STS is done?

Today was cardio Supersets and abs.

I am thankful to be of good health and strength at 43 years old. It saddens me when people my age talk about being fit yet don't do anything about it. I feel blessed to not have all the medical issues that many in my family have. I am confident that is the lifestyle that I have chosen. My 19 year old nieces are now working out. My brother says they are inspired by me :). I told him that is good because they need to develop the habit now so it will be easier as an adult.

Good morning. Last night I went on a 30 minute walk/run with Elliot. I hadn't done a workout outside in a very long time.

Sue- Hmmm.... pretty sure my parents were still dyeing eggs and hiding my Easter baskets when I'd come home from college ;) I've always been a sucker for holiday traditions. DH thinks I'm nuts sometimes.

Susan- Yay! New workouts coming your way! I finally bought DS's basket last night, as well as supplies for treats I'm putting together for the sitter's kids. I had to buy a little sweater to go over the dress I bought, too. Easter's the only day of the year when I don't feel silly wearing a sundress when it's 50 degrees outside.

Heartymax- Is it your birthday? If that's the case, have a happy one! It does feel wonderful to be strong and healthy.

Have a great day, everyone!

Hi Sam! No , my bday is in August. We are having a Pre-Easter dinner at my moms since it is the one day that everyone will be here. I haven't planned the menu yet. I will have to get with my cousin to get it figured out.

Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10 Min. Solutions Knockout Body. Had to go in for a health screening for our insurance, and once again they used that body fat calculator that you hold in your hands. I have more bf than my DH! :D:D:D:D:D...... Those things are so not right. I would have to contest it if they deny our getting the good rate for our insurance. Makes one wonder what it would read if I had 6 pack abs.

Sue, No I don't have a squat rack. I actually use the tower that my DH bought. It works really well for that. Don't know that I will be lifting 200lbs that way, but for right now it works. Sorry to hear that you are in a funk, hope you start feeling the love of workouts soon.

Susan, I have the Sred & Shred workout, but have not tried it yet. I love the lower body one. I have not bought her new kickboxing one, have heard that she does everything on one side. I don't understand why she doesn't switch it up. My DD's still want all the Easter candy also. Of course I just get them what they really like.

heartymax, How wonderful that you are an inspiration to your nieces. That is great! I'm always hoping that my nieces will be inspired by me. I know that my brother and his wife where. ;) After STS I will be taking a whole week off, probably doing yoga/stretching. Then I'm going to do 4 weeks of Gym Styles.

Sam, My Mom still does the Easter thing for us. Instead of candy she makes us knitted things, or gives each of us a loaf of her cinnamon bread. Yummm I love traditions also, that is probably why I do the same things with my DD's. I bought a shrug for my dress too, so totally agree.

Have a wonderful day!

Susan - I did Jillian this morning, too. I swear - I feel skinnier after doing one of her workouts. Enjoy a nice Spring day and try not to think of us stuck inside at work.;)

Heartymax - I don't think I've ever made it to the abs in Turbo Barre. :confused: Will have to try those. How great is that to be an inspiration to your 19 year old nieces! Most 19 year olds think they're invincible and they don't have to worry about their health.

Sam - I know we dyed eggs with my Mom for a long time (high school and maybe college?). Maybe I'll force them! No candy unless they dye eggs with me! LOL I usually think about buying something to wear for Easter when I start getting ready for church and realize "Crap! I don't have anything to wear!" You're smart to plan ahead. Don't know if this year will be any different. Saturday is already getting busy.

Laurie - Our company uses a body fat scale which is wildly inaccurate, too. Grrrrr! So I assume the tower can't hold as heavy a barbell as the squat rack? At least you have something that allows you to lift a little more. In BFBM, Jillian does the jab, cross, hook, elbow move on the same side both times which drives me nuts. I switch sides because I know the workout now but c'mon, you'd think someone would have caught that. The other thing that bugs me about Jillian is that she always ends up doing 1 more rep on one side than the other. That is, when she says 1 more, I need to do 2 more to make it even. I do the extra rep if I have time before the next exercise but it's another thing that drives me crazy.

DH's snoring helped get me out of bed this morning to workout so I guess I should thank him. Did Jillian's Ripped in 30 level 2 workout and BFBM circuits 1 & 3. I think I need to buy more Jillian workouts. :D Don't have Shred & Shed or the new kickbox one. Have the lower body one but haven't tried it yet.

Have a great day!

Hi ladies! Today was STS Total Body. I am really liking the DOMS I am feeling this week. Let's me know I am changing things up! :)

Sue & Laurie, those calipers they use to measure body fat are so inaccurate! It shouldn't even be allowed. Especially if the person is not probably trained in how to use it.

Laurie, I was hoping you had done the Shed & Shred to give me advice!:eek:

Hearty, hope you are having fun!

Sam, I am heading out before work to get the Easter basket stuff. DH made a comment that he'd like some too! He has a major chocolate gene.. must be where the kids get it from!;)

Have a good day ladies! Susan

This morning was Slide and Glide cardio and Upper Body Trisets. Those 5s, 8s and 15s were the perfect selection of weights to bring on the road. LIS is so perfect for the road if you have a DVD and space to workout. Being that I am my moms house, it is perfect. Additional family will arrive tomorrow night so I may not get to workout this weekend. Someone may end up using the family room area.

Laurie- I have never had my body fat measured so I have no idea how it's done.

Susan- enjoy the DOMS. I love that feeling too.

Sam--- I don't buy Easter dress for myself anymore. However, I do enjoying being able to pull out an old spring dress from the year before and wear.

Sue- you should pop in Barre one day and select the ab chapter after one of your other workouts. It has a good ab section.

Have a great day ladies.

Good morning, ladies! Four hours till I'm officially on Spring Break! Woo hoo!

Yesterday I did Mix It Up from Slim Series, and now I have some serious delt DOMS. Yowch.. those workouts really work the upper back and shoulders.

Heartymax- Oops! Well, I'll get to wish you happy birthday again in August. :D It's wonderful that you're such a good influence on the younger ones in your family. I hope I'm able to do the same.

Susan- I like a week of good DOMS, too. It makes me feel athletic and strong.

Sue- LOL! That's me just about every Sunday morning except Easter. I never have anything to wear. Ever. I'm always running down to the basement in my unders to iron something about five minutes before we have to leave. Yes, I say bribe them with sugar. Works with toddlers, too ;)

Laurie- I'm so glad I don't have to go through one of those things for work. I have issues with the BMI scale, too. :rolleyes: I shudder to think what it would say my bf % is.

Have a great day, everyone!

Morning Ladies,

This morning was Disc 29 Plyo Legs, think that one is my overall favorite. Could change my mind as I progress through the other two. :D

Sue, The snoring usually gets me out of bed also. I figure that I'm just going to get more annoyed, so I may as well get up. Even though I would like to hit the snooze button again. :D Those are the same things that I don't like about Jillian also. She puts out such a good workout, that you would think she would at least have someone counting. I think it is in Ripped in 30 she says something about all of us whiners (doing moves on both side), to just be quiet. That really got me, but then I just put it down to Jillian being Jillian. :rolleyes: The tower can hold 350lbs. I don't think I will ever be lifting that much weight.

Susan, I have that workout scheduled for the future! You will probably try it out before I do. ;) According to all the charts, that caliper measured me as obese. :D:eek: I know that isn't even close, because I do measurements. No one ever believes how much I weight, because I have a lot of muscle. Thank you to may heritage. :p

Have a wonderful day!

Sam- enjoy your break. Mine has been very low key here at my moms. Regaining enough energy to get me through the last quarter. Looking forward to summer break.

My boys love it when we visit. Nothing like hanging out with your cousins playing sports and plenty of space to run in the country.

I did Intensity Double Hiit and Bootcamp premix followed by Jillian's abs.

We are having a family get together tomorrow. My cousin is making a butternut cake. Can you see the calories and fat. Yummy!

Have a great Easter everyone.

Hello! Overslept by about 90mn today!:( So no workout yet. I have a bad cold and forgot to set my alarm when I finally went to bed! Tonight I will do Jillians Yoga Meltdown and Saturday will be my run. Sunday is my rest day.

DH went up to the cabin to finish the new bathroom but will be back tomorrow night - he better be at least!;)

Heartymax, Have a wonderful time with your family tomorrow. My family and I always wish we lived closer. The 15 cousins don't get to spend time or see each other nearly enough!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a Blessed Easter. My DD is singing in the Good Friday service this evening.

See you next week! Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.