BUFF BADGERS 3/5 - 3/9

susanz

Cathlete
Hello there! Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. Mine went well, just goes by too fast!;)

Friday ended up being my "off" day. Got pulled in too many directions! Saturday I did CTX Kickbox (cardio only) and
CTX Power Circuit(cardio only). Sunday I did Power Hour.

Today is Step Blast. I rank this as one of my favorites right next to Rythmic Step!

Have a good Monday!

Susan

Morning BB's,

Susan have fun with Step Blast. RS and SB are two of my favorites also. Sounds like you had a busy weekend. Oh, thanks for the link to the website for pictures.

Today I am going to Lowmax and the step of SJP, and abs.

Have a great day.

Morning BB's,

Had a very busy weekend also, Murder Mystery B'day party on Friday. I wasn't the murderer. My DH was the murder victim though. :) Got in about 30 min of Core Syn. Saturday was a fundraiser that didn't end until 3:30 pm. I came home and did YogaX and then was watching Unwrapped on the Food network. I was only into about 10 min. of it when I fell asleep. On Sunday the girls and I went from church, to Marquette University (picked up another girl), and went to Bartlett, IL. The drive from downtown Milw to this place was about 2 hours. This bridal shower didn't have any games to play, which I was most glad of. They had cookies and punch to start with, then came a sit down dinner. Stuffed chicken breast. The stuffing was very good, but I couldn't quite figure what it was. There where peaches in it though. We also had carrots, whipped mashed potatoes (Yum, I'm sure they had cheese and sour cream in them!), and purple cabbage (this was very tasty, want the recipe). We got home around 7pm, and I was asleep again on the couch at around 8:15. :D Coming back I was stuck by the toll booths. The traffic was backed up for at least a mile. I told my DH we are getting an Ipass. x(

Susan, Step Blast and Step Fit where the first step workouts I had. Out of the two step blast was always my favorite, I actually liked those blasts at the end.

Karen, Your workout sounds like a great time too. :D I like how she does the step portion in SJP.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie, sounds like you had a fun and busy weekend. I've never heard of a sit down dinner at a bridal shower. That's neat. It doesn't sound fun to be stuck at the toll booth though. Glad you made it home safely. Did you do KPC today?

Sue, did you start P90X? If so how did it go. Do you like it? Thanks for the advice on doing less intense cardio. I forgot about all my dvd's that I don't do because they don't seem like full workouts.

I didn't end up doing Low Max, because I just am not up to par. I did yoga X instead. I am trying a recovery week. I hope I have more energy when this week is up.

Karen - Yep - I did it. I finally started P90X!!! (See below.)

Susan - CTX cardio, PH, SB - all faves of mine. Good workouts.

Laurie - If you drive to Illinois a lot, definitely get an I-Pass. We don't have one cuz we don't but know lots of people who do. At least you had fun and you're not a murderer;-) So, how does it feel to be a P90X "graduate" as Tony says?

Well, I've done 3 P90X workouts so far - Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X and Plyometrics. All I can say is "Oh, my." They were tough! I expected these workouts to be tough but they're tougher than Cathe which surprised me. I can't believe how many pushups I did yesterday. (Didn't write them down because I wasn't prepared - next time I will.) Yesterday was my official start date. I'm following the Classic rotation. No DOMS in my chest yet but that may change. I subbed 50# barbell rows/reverse grip rows for the pullups and chinups. I can add tubing and wrap it around the barbell (ala Amy Bento in All Pump Xtreme) if it gets too easy. Ab Ripper X is hard! I couldn't do all the reps in the last exercise. Abs are a little sore today. Did Plyo X this morning. I was ready to quit after 30 minutes but I stuck with it:) I think I'll grow to really like this one. Won't be doing too many 360s though - it made me dizzy!

On Saturday I ran a 5K on the treadmill at the Y. I don't know why but running on treadmills always gives me sore hip flexors. Can't wait to run outside again.

Saturday night was the Daddy/Daughter dance. Curled DD's hair as much as she'd let me. She said no on the nail polish and makeup though. Was just planning on a little sparkly eyeshadow - very subtle. Helped prep and serve the meal with the other moms which was fun. The DJ had a smoke machine which set off the smoke alarm inside the church so that added a little excitement to the evening. Fortunately the Fire Department didn't show up.

Sue

3/6

Hi ladies! Hope your Monday went well. Mine did not go as planned!

I was so looking forward to working out after work! Then I got the kids home and spent from 3:30-8:30 helping them with homework and trying to get some house work done. Not fun. So, today will be Step Blast and I have told the family no one will stop me ! :eek:

Have a good day! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today will be Bryan Kest Power Yoga Energize.

Yesterday I did KPC Premix Kicking/Punching, LIC Total Body Sculpt, and KM Leg Drills. I don't have as much time tonight, so that is why I'm doing my Yoga tonight.

Susan, I hear ya on the homework and interuptions. My youngest DD is having problems with her math. She doesn't seem to understand division. Yesterday I had her downstairs with me while I was working out. Otherwise she was upstairs whining at her sister to help her. While down with me she was finished within 10 min. Guess is was just wanting to argue with her sister.x(

Sue, I really like being done with the X. It does get tedious doing the same workouts. PlyoX is a hard one at first, but you will have no problems with it. I never did attempt those 360's. I'm dizzy enough as it is. :D

Karen, Hope you are feeling better. Yoga is good! :)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning BB's,

Today I did upper body mixture of PP/SS. I added the ball abs from Butts and Guts and 1 segment from stretchmax. I was tempted to add cardio but I was good and didn't.

Laurie, sounds like you had one great workout yesterday. I think I will use your mishmosh sometime. At least it's written down so I can remember what you did.

Susan, sorry your day did not go well yesterday, at least workout wise. Sometimes homework seems to take forever. Have fun with Step Blast.

Sue, glad you like P90X.

Both my DS9 and DS11 won their basketball games last night so we play again on Wed. They both only won 2 games out of nine so we were surprised that they actually won their playoff games. I hope they keep winning.

Have a great day everyone.

Hi, guys.

Had a dentist appt. before work this morning so I'm making this my rest day. I'd like to do a little of Stretch X tonight but I don't know if that will happen. It is probably a good thing I'm not doing Ab Ripper X today because my abs are sore from Sunday.

Have a great day!

Sue

3/7

Hello there! Well, I finally got to do Step Blast yesterday. I just had fun!

Today is Cardio & Weights. I don't remember the last time I did this workout!

Have a great day! Susan

Good Morning,

Today I am spinning to cardio coach #6. If I feel ok after that I will do some legs.

Have basketball tournaments to watch after school tonight. I have 3 baskets of laundry that are calling.

Have a great day everyone.

Morning BB's,

Today is LIC Upper Body Sculpt, Barry's Bootcamp Legs & Butt and probably the treadmill workout.

Karen, Your DS's advancing in the B'Ball is great. Wishing you all good luck for tonight right? Always fun to watch your children playing sports. I always enjoy watching what they can accomplish. :)

Sue, Ab Ripper X is a great workout. And you can advance with this one to make it tougher. Glad you are enjoying the X so far. Just to add I always felt the DOMS with these workouts about 2 days later, so watch out!

Susan, Glad you got Step Blast in, that one is a good one. Of course I like the workout you are doing today also. Cardio & Weights has some great music in it, so that makes it even more enjoyable.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - I am enjoying P90X so far. It's nice to be doing something different after doing weights the same way for years and years. The only problem I have is now I have to count! And sometimes Tony's counting messes up mine so I might mute him once I'm used to the workouts. I'm still figuring out what weights to use so no DOMS yet in the upper body. Ab Ripper X is another story! Yeah, I definitely have room to grow with this workout.;-)

Karen - Are you still feeling tired? Is your recovery week helping? Have fun watching basketball tonight. Are you going to celebrate afterwards?

Susan - Glad you got Step Blast in. Cardio and Weights is just plain fun. I'm humming the "Buttercup" song in my head now.

Did P90X Shoulders & Arms plus Ab Ripper X this morning. Tomorrow is my first time for Yoga X. I'm not a yoga person but I'm looking forward to it since so many people like it. NOT looking forward to getting up a tad earlier to fit this one in before work. 90 minutes is longer than I usually workout in the morning but it's only once a week so I think I can handle it.

Have a great day!

Sue

Hi Sue, It's weird, I never go doms from abripper X but I love what it does for my middle. I am guessing neither of the boy's teams will win. They are the lowest ranked and they play the highest ranked. Almost as if they want the losing teams of the season out of the playoffs. Have fun with Yoga X tomorrow. I actually don't mind that workout. I always am sore in my legs. Go figure. I think not putting so much pressure on myself this week to do more is helping. Thanks for asking. Enjoy your evening or day whenever you read this.

3/8

Hi everyone! The sun is shining so nicely today! I am happy to hear that we are going to really warm next week! I have Spring fever really bad! I am getting tired of looking at my snowman
decorations! :p

Today is Pyramid Lower Body for me. When I do those "frog legs" on the ball it just gets me! Oooooo!!

Have a great day! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today is KPC Premix #5 and I was thinking of doing Billy Blanks Ab Bootcamp. I have had this one for quite a while, but have never tried it. }(

In the LIC Upper Body Premix there is no ab work. This suprised me. I did Barry's Bootcamp Legs & Butt and did the treadmill. The workout was mostly body weight, with dumbells. Each part was done for 90 seconds. So you did the lunges on each leg for 90 seconds. I will admitt my butt and legs where fried, and it was very tempting not to do the treadmill workout. I absolutely loved the TM workout. You started out with your warm up, then ran for 7 min. increasing your speed .5 every 90 seconds. Then you rested and put your incline up to 15%, mine only goes up to 12%. You go down to about 2.5 and then run sideways for 90 seconds on each side. This really works your calf muscles and takes a little while to get used to. :D After that you ran for another 7 min again increasing your speed by .5 every 60 seconds. Then you brought it down again and went into sprints. 30 seconds at the fastest seed you can go. Which for me was 8.0 and then 30 second walking pace. We did this 2 times and then the last sprint was for 50 seconds. If I remember correctly. }( The only thing that bothered me was there was no strech. But I have done stretching on my own before, so no big deal. I was beat after this. }(

Susan, I'm with you on the sunshine, I actually had to put my sunglasses on to drive this morning. :) Those frog legs always seem to get me in the calf muscle. I think I do those wrong or something.

Karen, How did the boys do last night? Hope you are feeling better also.

Sue, How was YogaX this morning. Yes that one is long, but it is a very good workout. You can split this one up and do the first hour in the morning, and then do the core portion later. I never liked yoga until I did this one. Now I see why your body needs it. I will be incorporating yoga into my rotation every week.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi BB's,

Today is cloudy here. I think we should at least share the sun you guys have down there. I am doing B&G today and some cardio.

The boys lost their games last night. No more basketball. They played great and had a good time. What more can one ask for.

Laurie, do you think the treadmill part could be done on a stationary bike? Those Barry workouts are tough. For me there is a dread factor because they take so much out of me. I find them much harder than Cathe. Maybe because I am not used to them and I am used to Cathe.

Have a good day everyone.

Yoga X this morning for me. Did the whole thing and found out my balance stinks and I'm no yogini. I'll need to do this one a few more times before it grows on me. Karen, I see now why you say Yoga X works the lower body. I was sweating bullets trying to hold some of those poses.

Laurie - I like the idea of breaking Yoga X into 2 segments. Just have to be sure I come back and do the other half. ;-)

Karen - You're right - if your boys had fun and played well, that's the main thing. My DS has 1 game left on Saturday and then it's on to baseball!

Laurie & Karen - Which Barry's Bootcamp workouts do you have? Which do you like/don't like?

Susan - I can't wait for the warm weather, too. At first I wanted to cross-country ski and snowshoe but DH never got my stuff down from the rafters for me (and I'm not motivated enough to do it myself) so now I just want all the snow and ice to melt. That floorwork in PLB is a killer - especially the froggies! }(

Have a great day!

Sue

Hi Sue, I actually have all the Barry's bootcamps but have only ever done the butt and leg one. The weight and floor cardio wiped me out I haven't done another since. I really need to as soon as I get some energy back. I actually had to quit in the middle of my bosu blast workout today because I was just to tired. I wonder what's up. Great job getting yoga X done in one sitting. I don't think if I split it up I'd be back to finish it although the ending is much easier than the beginning. Hope you DS has a great game this weekend. Baseball already. Wow. We have soccer coming up next. I think it starts April 15. Burr.

3/9

It's Friday! My children are off both today and Monday so we have a nice long weekend ahead!:)

Today is Kick,Punch,Crunch. It's been a couple weeks since I did this and I am having withdrawals!:D

Saturday looks like SJ&P and Sunday might be an off day. I am taking my daughter to visit her friend. She is in the Children's Hospital in Madison. She has Cystic Fibrosis. The 2 girls miss each other terribly so I am taking her down for the day.

Have a great weekend! It's getting warmer out there!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.