BUFF BADGERS 3/28-4/1

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning Ladies,

S90 Shoulders & Arms for me on Saturday. Sunday was a rest day, and this morning was S90 Legs. Really feeling my whole body with these workouts. :D

Today is my oldests 18th birthday. I don't really know how I feel about it all, maybe I'm in denial. :eek:

Have a great day!

Laurie - It's hard for me to say since my oldest is only 16 (or will be in a couple of weeks). You'll always be "Mom" and she'll always need you. :D

I had a good weekend. The kids had WSMA on Saturday. DS participated in a percussion ensemble (bass drum) even though he plays tuba and trombone. (No one else wanted to practice at 7 a.m. before school) DD participated in a jazz ensemble. She plays euphonium (aka baritone). Both earned "1"s which is very good but are not going to state.

Took DD for a driving lesson on Sunday. She is getting much better. To prove it to her, I took her back to the parking lot where we had our first lesson and made her drive past this dropoff point where it's a single lane and you go around a tree. Probably hard to imagine but it was difficult to negotiate for someone who never even sat in the driver's seat before. She negotiated the turn like an old pro. Still lots of practice to do but definite improvements to her skill and confidence level.

I did Tabata Inferno on Friday night plus Nicole Stewart's 12 min. Pilates leg toner and 12 min. Pilates abs. On Saturday I did STS #14 Legs. On Sunday I did Gilad Quick Fit Cardio Blast 36 min. This morning was STS #15 Back & Biceps. It was a real effort to get out of bed this morning but I did it.

Good afternoon,

Sat. and Sun. I just did snowshoeing. Today I did a 2 mile run in my vibrams to break them in and S90 Legs.

DD20 had her birthday last Wed. DS17 had his birthday yesterday. DD18 was maid of honor in her best friends wedding and she was beautiful.

Laurie, I like S90 because they are short and sweet, good additions or stand alones. Happy Birthday to your DD. Amazing how time flies.

Sue, glad your DD is getting better at driving. That happened with my first one where she had never even been in the driver seat and all of a sudden she was suppose to drive this car. Congrats to you kids on their 1, quite impressive. Nice workouts you got in.

Enjoy the sun.

Hi there! The only workouts I got this weekend were walking Ruby and then some major cleaning. Today I did BFBM. I was happy I got through the whole thing without stopping to drink or rest!

Laurie, Happy Birthday to your DD. Time sure flies doesn't it? She will always need you - :D

Sue, you are doing really well with the STS. Are you noticing anything different yet? Good job getting up early to exercise! I dread teaching my DD to drive!:eek:

Hi Karen! What are vibrams? Lots of March Birthdays! Hope they enjoyed them!

Take care ladies! See you tomorrow! Susan

Hi! This a.m. I slept in and after school did disk 31. this weekend i did a 5 mile run.

Karen, are those vibram five fingers? How do you like them? "just" snowshoeing ?? your kids have bdays pretty close.

Laurie, glad you are liking those S90 workouts...and short and sweet...I like that
!

Sue, congrats to the kids. you are a brave soul to drive with your kids!

Susan, major cleaning is a real workout!

Hello Ladies and I am glad to be back! Had a great trip celebrating my mother in laws birthday. Enjoyed absolutely beautiful weather. We got back yesterday evening and I was sooooo looking forward to my workout this morning. I missed lifting my weights. This morning was STS Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. I just realized that next week is my recovery week. Not sure what I will do. I do know that I am behind on my cardio, but I need to be careful in my cardio selection.

Sue---what a confidence booster to take your daughter back to the original location so she can see her improvements! That encouragement will go far!

Karen----a lot of excitement for you and your daughters with all the birthdays and wedding.

Laurie-----18 is definitley special...Happy B-day to your DD.

Susan---I think cleaning is a good workout...at least at my house where there is sooooo much cleaning to be done.

Hi Karen and lala!

I know today will be a long day. A lot of catch up at work after being out of the office for two days, grocery shopping, kids catching up on homework, etc.

I should sleep well tonight.

Good morning! Quick check-in today. I will be doing Core Synergistics. Was going to try a "rest" week this week, but maybe an active rest week instead! :p

Heartymax, glad your back and that you enjoyed your time away!

Lala, good job on the 5 miler!

Okay, I gotta go! Have a great day and I'll try to check back later!

Susan

Hi

Today I did S90 Chest/shoulders and triceps and S90 Core Dynamics. Tonight I will run a mile or so with DH.

Susan, nice job on your workouts. Core Syn. must be getting easier. Vibrams are those five finger running shoes. I did 2 miles in them yesterday and it went well.

Heartymax, glad you had a nice time on your trip. Always nice to get back into workouts, not so much the catch up on housework and the like though.

Lala, what is the magic mile run? I don't have his book but have been doing his running? I am just taking a guess at how fast I run. always nice to sleep in.

Hi Sue and Laurie.

Heartymax - Good to see you back and glad you enjoyed your time away. I'll bet you were primed to go for your first workout since you're back! You're just whizzing thru STS.

Karen - Looks like it's been a fun time around your house with birthdays and weddings. Lots of cake, too - yum! Great job on your workouts. Are you still enjoying Supreme 90?

I did Step Works tonight. Haven't done this one in ages and it kicked my butt.

Good night all!

Worked late yesterday after being away from the office for 2 days. Had to do some grocery shopping, cook dinner, help boys catch up on make up work homework and projects that are due........I am helping with my class reunion so I was up late with that stuff too.....I guess you know where this is headed....NO Workout this morning. I was too tired to roll out of bed at 4:30.

Sue---is really does feel like I am whizzing through STS! It is hard to believe that I am about to start Meso 3 soon. I am already thinking about doing it again. It is SO MUCH FUN----in a tough way!!

Morning Ladies,

Busy day yesterday at work, and at home. Had to get the girls some new running shoes, DD18 was having pain in her foot after practices. As soon as she put on her new shoes, she sighed. :D I'm sure that she had put on a lot of miles on those shoes. Then of course she saw these really cute spikes, and had to have those too. :rolleyes:

Yesterday's workout was S90 Cardio Challenge, and this morning Chest & Back. Still enjoying all of these workouts.

Sue, DD14 has solo & ensemble in April, I'm looking forward to seeing her sing in that. Oh the fun of driving lessons. :eek: I'm glad that she is doing so well.

Karen, WTG on those workouts, and snowshoeing. We don't have snow anymore, so it sure sounds funny to hear that someone is still able to go out and do that.

Susan, I really enoy BFBM when I have a chance to do it. Maybe I will pull that one out again soon.

heartymax, All the cardio choices, how will you decided what to do during your recovery week. :D That is always my problem, too many choices.

Have a great day!

Laurie - Something I've read (that I always forget to do) is to write the date you purchased your shoes on the underside of the tongue. I wonder if it wears off though? What is DD14 singing?

Heartymax - I was almost with you on the too tired to roll out of bed thing this morning. Forced myself to get up but I'll be sleeping in the rest of the week and doing my workouts at night.

Hi Susan, Karen and Lala!

Did STS Disc #16 this morning. Well, most of it anyway. Like last week I only had time for chest and shoulders. Will do triceps tonight. I know that's not the best way to do it but I just didn't have another 20 minutes. My arms feel like limp noodles right now. I really pushed it on chest with 32.5 pound dumbbells and hit failure early on the 1st set of shoulder presses with 40 pound barbell. Had to lighten my weights to finish the rest of the shoulder exercises.

HI ladies! Today is some pilates for me. I was going to rest on Wed and Friday this week, but I feel like I should do something!

Sue, good job dragging your butt out of bed! I was up at 4:30 to walk Ruby. Awfully dark at that time!

Laurie, I wish she would come out with a BFBM #2!:)

Heartymax, I think you deserved to sleep in today! :) Your body needs the rest to grow those hard working muscles!

Karen, I always wondered what it would feel like to run in those types of shoes! What do you think about them?

Hi lala!!

Have a good night - Susan

Hi,

Today I did S90 Tabata Inferno and ran a mile, just trying to get used to my shoes. My calves are very sore from running on the balls of my feet and not coming down on my heels, but my hips and knees don't hurt when I run anymore.

Laurie, I really like the S90 workouts. I keep going back to them. Can't figure out what I like so much about them. Good you got the girls some new shoes. I got DS17 new shoes for track and they had them run so many miles the first few days he ended up with tendoniitis and couldn't run for 2 weeks. You are lucky you have no more snow. At least I got to get a bit more snowshoeing in.

Sue, nice weights you are lifting. My arms would be noodle like too. can't imagine what you will be lifting in meso 3. Good idea to put the date you get the shoes on them somewhere.

Have a great day.

Well rested this morning! STS Legs followed by abs from Butts and Gutts.

Sue---WTG--- 32.5 with chest-----You are definitely strong. My chest is not that strong. I am up to 25 lbs. dumbells. what a great idea to write the purchase date in the tongue of the shoe. Sometimes I forgot how long I have been using mine too.

Laurie---how long is the S90 rotation?

Susan---I hope to get in some pilates next week durin g my recovery time. You know I purchased those 10 minute solutions a few months ago and didn't get to do them much before starting this rotation.

Hi Karen and lala!

Susan - I think as long as you have the energy doing Pilates on a rest day is fine. I know what you mean about feeling like you have to do "something". Depends how tired and/or busy I am. Some days I have no problem doing nothing. :D

Heartymax - I think Pilates and 10 min. solutions workouts are great for a recovery week.

Finished STS Disc #16 last night by doing the triceps I skipped yesterday morning. Also did Step Heat abs. Slept in today and will do cardio tonight. My chest, and triceps are SO SORE! I had to lift a heavy box today and put it on a shelf above my head. If my chest hadn't been so sore I could have done it no problem. Had to ask for help! Didn't realize how much the chest muscles are used in lifting. Glad tomorrow is legs.

Today was HiiT 40/20.....it's been a while since I have done this one. At least it feels like it has been. Tomorrow will be STS back and biceps ending Meso 2 and prepares me for recovery week. I am SCARED of Meso 3.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Heartymax - 40/20 is my least favorite of the HIITs - probably because it's so hard! :p Look at you already done with Meso 2! I'm with you on being scared of Meso 3 but looking forward to the plyo leg workouts everyone talks about.

Hi, Laurie, Susan, Karen and Lala!

I did my cardio this morning instead of last night -Prevention Fight Cellulite Fast with Chris Freytag. If I do STS #17 Legs tonight I'll be back on schedule.

Tomorrow is DS' 14th birthday so I have to bake a "chocolate cake, very little icing" for him. That's his request. He wants to see "Battle Los Angeles" which I'm not excited about. I normally like Sci Fi movies but this one sounds like non-stop battle scenes with little else. No "Independence Day" (with Will Smith) that's for sure. Also have to start working on taxes (I know, I know) and take DD out for driving lessons. It's hard to accumulate 30 hours just by driving around town. Sure hope the weather is nice.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Friday already! This is the last week of the quarter, so I am getting ALL kinds of makeup work in, having to grade it, etc, so although I have gotten in my exercise I have not had time to visit with you! I hate our school´s policy on makeups. It used to be up to each teacher and I simply gave students a week. Now they basically have all quarter to get something in. Very annoying and it sure won´t help them in their future....OK, done with my rant :eek:

Have been following my undulating rotation and running on my cardio days.
So Karen, those 5 fingers really help with the knees and hips? Great. I just bought some Karhu shoes that work with a fulcrum concept causing you to run more on the ball than on the heel, too. Do you do 10Ks and 1/2s? I would love to see your training program. I will get you that "magic mile" thing.

Sue, awesome on STS...wow, you are really strong!Have fun with the bday...those are my favorite family days!!

Susan, Nothing wrong with an "active rest" week. I think when I am done with this STS rotation I am going to do pilates along with my running.

Laurie, You will enable me yet with the S90!!!!

Heartymax, I really like 40/20...there is always a challenge for me!!

Have a great weekend everyone...I will be spending it grading;)

lala----What kind of crazy make up policy is that? Our kids have the same number of days to make it the work as they were absent. That is it!!! No wonder you will spend countless hours at the end of the quarter trying to grade all this work.

Sue---I like the moves in 40/20 better than 30/30...so that is why I prefer it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.