BUFF BADGERS 12/6 - 12/10

susanz

Cathlete
Hi Ladies! Hope you all had a nice weekend! Saturday was way too long and busy. Sunday, I ran 5 miles and then had shopping to do after church. My toe is feeling a lot better. I think I just bruised it. It is still a little blue but only hurts if my shoes are too tight. My run felt wonderful yesterday and I am hoping to push it to 6 miles next weekend!

Today I start Cathe's new rotation. I am doing STS Total Body. I am to do Intensity tomorrow but also hope to run in the morning.

Was finally able to get myself a new winter coat yesterday, which is good since it is really cold out there today! :D

Have a good Monday! Susan

Morning Ladies,

Yesterday I slept with my arms over my head, and now I have a sore shoulder. I didn't do anything yesterday as far as workouts, just went shopping for DD13's skirt and blouse for her choir concert this week. Saturday I did P90X Legs and Back along with Jillian's BFBM, and this morning (to test my shoulder) I did 10 Minute Solutions Rapid Results Fat Burner (sports drills, intervals and Kickboxing) sections. Friday night I also did the same 10MS workout.

Susan, Glad to hear that your toe is doing better. I had a nice weekend, sure did go by fast. :( You are right it is dang cold out there, and after my walk this morning got back into bed to warm up a little. :D

Have a great day!

Susan - 5 miles - way to go! :) You are doing great with your running. Cathe's December rotation looks hard. I'll be using the new workouts for a while but probably doing more premixes than full workouts to save time. What does your new coat look like? I finally broke down last year and bought myself a new coat. Wore the same one for 10 years and it was starting to look ratty so now it's my snow shoveling coat. My new coat is a pretty teal with black fur on the hood (a hood is a must have for me!)

Laurie - It seems like I get stiffer more and more lately - either from sleeping wrong or something. You did P90X AND BFBM on Saturday?! :eek: Wow - you kick butt, girl! I thought DS had a concert tonight but I had the wrong week. :confused: Too much going on. Oh, well, now I've got a free evening so I can maybe get some cardio in.

Here's how my weekend went:
Saturday - Snow shoveling x 2 + STS Total Body
Sunday - Intensity Step Only premix
Monday - Lower Body Blast through 1 legged deadlifts (28 min.)

I really liked STS Total Body. Lifting heavy felt really good after months of doing endurance and circuit workouts mainly. Lower Body Blast is TOUGH! Cathe doesn't fool around in that workout. Can't wait until I have the chance to do the whole thing.

Hello Ladies!

Susan-----are you okay??? I thought you mentioned running and doing Intensity all in one day....LOL! You are one brave lady!

Laurie-----rest the shoulder because it will be time for P90 Shoulders and Biceps soon.

Sue----I did Lower Body Blast on Saturday and all I can say is oh my!! I did this workout and then headed to the mall to do some shopping. I was sore on Sunday too.

Today I did Hiit 40/20 and Upper body premix from Muscle max. I think I am off to try one of those corn puddings everybody talked about. Hope it turns out okay.

good evening! I´m doing Cathe´s Dec rotation, too. Today was STS full body, the first time I did it. I really like it. she sure moves fast on the reps, though, don´t know if I´ll go any heavier than I did today, and some of those were less than my 65%

Laurie, take care of that shoulder. My DH did that and ended up with a cortisone shot...but that did take care of it! My shoulder still bothers me, but I´m trying to ignore it and the surgery :eek:

Susan...I agree with Sue, you are doing GREAT on the running! Running and intensity in one day :eek::eek::eek:

Sue, those mistakes about schedules are nice when they work in your favor! an extra evening...what will you do?;)

Heartymax, sounds like a good workout today. I am so wiped after those HiiT that I just head for the shower and don´t even consider doing weights :)

Hi Karen!

Good Morning! Well, I was up late last night helping DD with her homework so I did not get up early enough to run....:mad: I will be doing Intensity though and will run tomorrow morning.

Laurie, I have to take my DD to look for a new dress for her concert today after school. Hate taking her shopping cause the girl can take forever! How is your shoulder today?

Sue, My coat is black, with white and purple piping. It's one of those 4 in 1 coats and is so very warm. I had my old one for 13 years and the zipper finally gave out on it! My old one did not have a hood but this one does. I got it for $100 off at Sears! I too love STS TB. I know if I stay consistent with Lower Body Blast I'll see nice results, but you are right- It's hard!:D

HeartyMax, wish I would've woken up to run today, but maybe next time! I love the disc work in Lower Body!

Lala, the chest work in STS is what gets me, well, and the shoulder work. Wish there was a little more bi and tri work in there though.

Hi Karen!

Have a great day!!

Morning Ladies,

I didn't workout last night, the shoulder was still giving me grief. This morning I woke up, and my shoulder wasn't hurting at all. So I did Insanity Max Interval Sports Training, and still didn't feel any pain. So after work I will get the Chest & Back workout done.

Sue, Good to hear that you like the new workouts. I did the P90X workout in the morning and BFBM in the afternoon, so it wasn't so bad. I didn't want to workout on Sunday. :eek: Have to all those planned workouts done ya know. :D

heartymax, How are you liking those Hiit workouts? Looks like you are doing a good combo of cardio and weights. I'm hoping the weight workout is good tonight, but I will probably hold off until after work to try the other weight workout tomorrow. ;)

Lala, I'm hoping that the shoulder will not bother me again. ;) So Cathe is doing heavy weights fast? :eek:

Susan, Last night was the first time that DD13 tried on the skirt I got her, and right away she said it wasn't long enough. The skirt is suppose to be to her knees. It is, but she though it was suppose to be below. I'm lucky to have found the one I did. :rolleyes: The girls is skinny and tall.:confused:

Have a great day!

Laurie---glad your shoulder is doing better.

Susan---I didn't purchase STS TB. My frisbee seems to work pretty well for the disc slide. I may try some of the other ideas I have seen on the forums too.

Lala---have fun with the Dec. rotation. It definitely looks like a good one. I may try it later.

Today was Butts and Gutts standing portion and half of the Core. I was thinking about taking a rest day---just being plain lazy----so I finally dragged myself out of bed and glad I did. I was listening to the wind blow outside and thought about how cold it was and just didn' t want to get up. I love Butts and Gutts.

Hi! Today I did 30/30... in increments :confused: did the first 4 this a.m but all of a sudden didn´t feel well, so crawled back into bed and finished it this p.m. It sounds like a lot of us teachers are coming down with some stomach bug :(

How do you like Intensity, Susan, it was on my schedule for today, but I move it to thurs.

Laurie, glad your shoulder is better and it will probably stay that way!

Heartymax, o yeah, some winter mornings it is just sooooo hard to get out of bed.. but you did it!

Hi Sue and Karen!

Hello Ladies!

Today was a 3.5 mile run and after work I will do Lower Body Blast.

Laurie, well we found my DD a dress for her concerts, but it not easy to find ones that are A. long enough and B. not so "sexy". I swear they think all teenage girls walk around half naked! :eek: Glad your shoulder is better!

Heartymax, well, if you ever do purchase STS TB, you'll be glad you did!:) I have actually been thinking of looking at some of the sporting goods stores for discs.

Lala, I like Intensity for the most part. Not a huge fan of some of the step moves. I did hi-impact during the low HiiT yesterday and really felt it!

Have a great day ladies! Looks like we might get 1-3" tomorrow. Actually looking forward to it!

Morning Ladies,

P90X Chest & Back went off without any problems, and that is my last time doing that one. P90X Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps was finished this morning for the last time also. :eek: Still need to get an ab workout done after work.

heartymax, Hope you are able to fine a good sliding disc. Did the frisbee stick to much? I hear ya on not wanting to get up when it is so cold out.

Lala, So sorry to hear that a bug is going around, why does it always happen at this time of the year. Hope you can avoid it.

Susan, I know what you mean about the teenage outfits. Most of the skirts we looked at hardly got past the butt! :rolleyes: I was so happy when I found one that was longer, and in DD13's size. Now you say you are looking forward to snow, let me here ya say that in Jan/Feb!:eek:

Have a great day!

Heartymax - I've been using a furniture slider and it works great. I tried the frisbee but like the slider better. Just a preference - I don't think one slides better than the other. Maybe a new slider would but mine has scratches on the bottom. I know all about feeling lazy. ;) That's me just about every morning. I agree with Susan in that STS TB is a great workout.

Lala - I'm sorry to hear you're still not feeling well. :( Surprised to hear you were able to do 30-30 at all! :eek:

Laurie - Yeah on doing P90X Chest & Back for the last time. That must mean you're finishing another rotation so you should be proud.

Susan - Your coat sounds pretty. Did you get new hat, scarf and gloves/mittens to match? They have so many cute sets in the store I'm always tempted to buy more. Really - you don't like the step moves in Intensity!? :eek: I love the step part. Maybe because the rest is so tough.;) I agree not much bicep/tricep work in STS Total Body but my triceps sure are sore today. I think it's those tricep pushups. Tough stuff.

Hi Karen! Hope all is well with you and you're finding time to workout during this crazy month of December.

Last night I did STS Total Body Upper Body premix + BBC Legs Cardio. This morning I did STS Total Body Lower Body premix. These premixes are short (24 & 22 min.) but intense. It makes it a little easier getting out of bed in the morning when I know I only have a short workout to do. Planning to do some cardio tonight - either another BBC cardio or Intensity step premix.

Have a great day! Stay warm.

Hi! Today was Lower Body Blast...the first time for that one. First off, after STS TB I had DOMS in my Lower body like crazy, so when I saw that LBB was on for today I almost changed it :eek: but I did it...and really like It....and no DOMS...yet, that is, I guess that is way they are DO :) Also when I saw it was an hour I kept thinking"really, do I need a whole hour for that?" but once again, Cathe has worked her magic...it didn´t feel like an hour and I particularly like the cardio blasts thrown in...they kind of break it up. So

Laurie, I see you are done with another rotation. What´s next?
Sue, those are some good combinations that you made and I totally hear ya on the getting out of bed when you know the workout is not too long!

Susan, I remember going through that whole clothing thing with my DD who is now 19 (and choosing her own clothes :confused:) But it got so disgusting, I felt like they had taken bedroom wear and put it on the racks for these young teens...and really, it pretty much is....but the tears and frustration aarrrggg!
Do you have a temperature limit on your runs?

Hi Karen and Heartymax!

Happy Thursday Ladies. I overslept yesterday so didn't get up in time to workout. Today was Pyramid Upper Body(minus the core section).....that shoulder work is one killer. I would like that after all these upper body workouts that I would be able to breeze through....that dang PUB.

Lala----I did Lower Body Blast for the first time over the weekend then Butts and Gutts on Tuesday so my legs still have DOMS. I was wondering what I was thinking when I choose butts and gutts after doing LBB just a few days before. The cardio bursts were a surprise to me and I like them too.

Sue---I think the frisbee slides pretty good. I may need a bigger frisbee....it felt funny at first and had to keep remember to just rest the top of the foot only on the frisbee. I like the furniture slider idea too. Haven't look at any discs in the sports stores yet, but I love these workouts so much until I know I have to figure out what works best and make the investment if I have too. Rather save money for a new workout though:D

Laurie----so you are counting down to the last few days of P90. You have been so dedicated and love to hear about what you thought and how it worked for you.

Susan---glad you found a dress for your DD. I am an educator and realize how hard it is for parents to find appropriate wear for the daughters for special school events. You are right----many parents don't want their 13 year old girls is dresses for 18 year olds.

Hi Karen!!!

Howdy! Today will be Kick,Punch,Crunch! Legs were achy last night after working hard yesterday but are feeling better right now.

Have DD13's winter concert tonight. So I must get my workout in right when I get home from work, no distractions!

Heartymax, I love/hate working shoulders. I think they are one of my nicest body parts, but man does it hurt to work them! I hate that burning!

Have a good day ladies! Snow is on its way here! :D Then it'll really look like Christmas!

Morning Ladies,

Last night after work I got in Coremax #2 done. That one has always been my favorite stability ball workout. This morning was StretchX, because my upperbody needed some TLC after doing those two P90X upper body workouts back to back. :rolleyes:

Sue, I have always liked the shorter workouts too. When I put in the P90X DVD's and they are almost all 60 min. long, I sometimes feel like doing only halfsies. Of course I continue on. :D Have fun with your cardio workout tonight, I of course vote for the BBC. :eek:

Lala, Sounds like you are feeling better since you tackled leg work again. Can't wait to try out that leg workout. My next rotation is going to be an STS Undulating. I took the 4 week rotation that Cathe created, and made it into a 3 month rotation. Will see how I enjoy it. ;)

heartymax, The variety in the workout is what is so great, and sounds like you are creating a challenge for your muscles. Sticking to a rotation has been a challenge for me, but I love seeing what I can acomplish.

Susan, My DD13 has her choir Christmas concert tonight. I'm really excited to her her group, it is all girls. Have fun with KPC.

Hope all is well with Karen!

Talk later,

Lala - I've only done the 1st 30 min. of Lower Body Blast so far and thought for sure I'd have DOMS but didn't. Can't quite figure out when I'm going to be sore and when I'm not.:confused: The ol' body seems to have a mind of its own! Glad you're feeling better. :)

Laurie - I have a love/hate relationship with those BBC cardios. Enjoy your concert tonight.

Susan - I was just thinking about doing KPC on Saturday. I guess great minds and all.:D Enjoy your concert tonight.

Heartymax - Maybe you've said before but what do you teach? My daughter's French teacher told her a couple of years ago that her skull t-shirt was "macabre" and she hasn't worn it since. I didn't mind her saying that but what was more amazing to me is that a teenager actually listened to what an adult said in terms of fashion.:eek: I love PUB but usually only do pyramid up because otherwise it's a killer.

Did Step Intensity last night. Happy I made it through all those plie jacks at the end. :D Nothing yet today. It might turn into a rest day. DS has a wrestling meet and I haven't been to any of them yet so want to go to this one. Taking off tomorrow afternoon because DD has a music clinic after school and needs a ride. Sounds like I'll be shoveling snow tonight and tomorrow morning. Friday night I plan on doing High Reps. Saturday will be a cardio of some sort - kickboxing maybe. Sunday will be Lower Body Blast. Hopefully we get our tree this weekend.

Hi Karen!

Have a great weekend everyone in case I don't make it back here tomorrow!

KPC today...it´s been a long time since I did that one...fun! Plus some shoveling tonight!

No DOMS from LBB...can hardly believe it. Sue, I know what you mean that our body´s have a mind of their own..thought for sure I´d be crawling today! Good luck to DS

Laurie and Susan, , enjoy the concert! I always liked the winter ones..and the spring ones...!

Heartymax, no wonder your legs are screaming!!! But they must look great!!

Hi Karen

Have a great weekend ladies!

Happy Friday Ladies. This morning was the first 5 intervals of Imax 3----yeah I said it----Imax 3. I workout that I never do----never thinking about---totally afraid of....I decided to dust it off again and do half of the workout. I am totally convinced that the Hiit workouts have enabled me to handled the blasts of this workout much better. Maybe I will do the last 5 intervals another day. I just think this one has too many plie jacks, air jacks, etc. for my liking.

Sue---I am a middle school counselor so related to isses your DD age all the time. I occassionally do the entire PUB. Mostly, I chose the pyramid down option. I like lifted the heavier weight and going down....for example----I can easily bicep with 15lbs. going down. If I go up----my muscles are too tired to do 15lbs.

Laurie---glad you enjoy the core workouts. I don't have a stability ball. With the kids and dog----they always manage to have to much fun with my balls so I haven't purchased a new one again.

Susan---I don't have KPC, but I have done parts from the TimeSaver and recall it being my first time doing kick boxing of any sort. I may have to dust off Timesaver.

Lala-----glad you don't have DOMS----I guess I have enough for everybody:eek:

Morning Ladies,

Today was P90X Legs & Back.

Weird situation going on around our freeway system this morning. They have the freeway shut down, because a guy has a gun and a possible hostage. I don't think this has happened before, or at least not so close to where I work. :eek:

DD13's concert was very good, and her group did two very difficult songs. They did such a good job on Carol of the Bells, that people where clapping louder and longer. :)

Sue, Hope you didn't get stuck in the traffic from the ongoing situation. Sounds like a lot of us had a very busy evening yesterday.

Lala, With all the variety of workouts we have available, it can be a treat to pull out ones like KPC.

heartymax, I totally understand the non-stablility ball house. If my exercise equipment wasn't down in the basement, I know my youngest would be one it. :D WTG on pulling out Imax3, you are much braver than I am. I agree with you on the high impact exercises in that one.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.