Bring back the Blue!

Stacy

Cathlete
I miss the blue forums :(

I seriously don't have an issue with change, but the other color was much more fresh and crisp and easier to read. This color scheme, besides being a bit uninspiring and drab, isn't providing enough contrast btwn posts making it harder (at least for me) to navigate.

Last edited:
Why did they change the old forum? It will take some time to get used to the new one.

Last edited:
I think it was time to change the forum. Without aiming to clash with anyone personal preference,
I found the new layout and color scheme more pleasant for both reading and writting.
The choice of orange makes sense (at least to me) since it has always been cathe'sdotcom colour scheme.
I like it. The forum is much more easy to navigate through smartphone.

I can not think of going back to the blue scheme.;);)

Why did they change the old forum? It will take some time to get used to the new one.
The old VB forum is a legacy piece of software and that means it's a security risk for you and us. The old forums were also based on old technology that hasn't kept up with the changing times. Hence the reason everyone is on facebook and forums have declined in popularity.

The new forums have a lot of new modern features, like the ability to actually post videos in a post instead of just links. You can see an example of the "Total Body Reps" video clip that we just posted in the "Cathe TV" forum. You can also now easily upload pictures just like you would to facebook. There are hundreds of things like this that leave the old forums in the dust, but it will take time for you to get familiar with all of the features.

Also, I think once you see how we use the new forums to take you behind the scenes of the Ripped With HiiT videos you will understand better why the new forums are so much better than the old. In the past we mainly used just facebook to tell you about and show you the new videos. The forums were not used very much for the behind the scenes since there was no easy way to post pictures or actual videos. But change is always difficult to accept on any board and it just takes time to get used to the changes. We still have a lot of adjustments to make, but give it a chance and in a few weeks you will start to appreciate the new boards.

I miss the blue forums :(

I seriously don't have an issue with change, but the other color was much more fresh and crisp and easier to read. This color scheme, besides being a bit uninspiring and drab, isn't providing enough contrast btwn posts making it harder (at least for me) to navigate.

I agree we need to work on this. I think the main problem is the font style needs to change and be made bigger. I like the color scheme on the main page, but agree we need to look at changing the background color in this section. Currently our focus is working on functionality, but on Monday we will start to work on things like this.

I just wanted to say Thanks for your the hard work that is put in to making the Forums much better from a functional standpoint. I know how much goes into this so I definitely didnt want to come across as being ungrateful or petty. That being said, thanks too for always listening to your subscribers! Looking forward to a font/background color change if that's in the plan AND looking more forward to some updates on the upcoming HiiT series :)

What are the little flags in the upper right corner? I clicked on it and it said "you are awarded a trophy". What's that?

Hi miamichici, it is optional that you use the Tapatalk app. You can still use our forums in their mobile format on your phone's web browser.

I've enjoyed learning about the new forums, but I know that there are parts I don't know or don't understand because I'm not tech savvy. I like the colors and layout, the only thing I miss is the link to video clips. I enjoyed that because when I cannot figure out which workout to do on a cardio day or an extra cardio, I liked having the list there and just clicking to watch the video clip. I know that the videos are on youtube, but I found the list of videos easier. But I will adjust, to thanks for everything else you have done and cannot WAIT for Tuesday!!!!

Will we need to download a new app to access the forums on our mobile phones? And just to echo what everyone else said--thanks for everything you do!!!
Will we need to download a new app to access the forums on our mobile phones? And just to echo what everyone else said--thanks for everything you do!!!
And just to echo what everyone else said--thanks for everything you do!!![/QUOTE]

The new forums are mobile friendly and can be viewed without using any apps, but the tapatalk free app is still the best way to view our forums on a mobile device IMHO.

Never mind about the trophy:p I figured it out! Just click on the trophy and it explains it. You get a trophy for posting and so on:D Now I have to post like a crazy person to get a trophy:p I love the new forum. I been playing around with the new forum since this morning:oops: Love it!

I notice that there is an RSS feed link for each forum, but it leads to a 404 page. Are you planning to turn on that feature? It would be great to be able to follow a forum in an RSS reader.

You can use it to follow news or blogs, anything that has a feed. Feedly is a good reader, and has apps for various devices. Basically what it does is gather up news and other posts and gives you one place to read everything, whether on your computer, or on your phone or tablet. Then you don't have to go to a bunch of different sites to keep up with the news.

I use feedly to follow Cathe's blog.

You can use it to follow news or blogs, anything that has a feed. Feedly is a good reader, and has apps for various devices. Basically what it does is gather up news and other posts and gives you one place to read everything, whether on your computer, or on your phone or tablet. Then you don't have to go to a bunch of different sites to keep up with the news.

Thank you so much, Jodi! I will give it a whirl.

I like the format and all the new "stuff" but I have to agree with the original poster,

Bring back the BLUE!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.