Breathing during step aerobics

saraseth

Hi all. It's been awhile since I've posted. I got away from my Cathe workouts for about a month, and now I'm back.

I'm hoping you fine, fit people :) can help me figure something out. I notice that when I'm doing, say, Step Blast, that I sometimes get a pain in my lower right lung - as if I'm not getting enough air there. I always put my arms over my head and breathe deeply until it goes away, but I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do. (?) I don't want to stop (or slow down) in the middle of a workout if I don't have to.

Sometimes during intense exercise it feels like I'm not inhaling at all and when I feel that pain I have to force myself to inhale. Then when I stop for a few moments to get some water, I naturally start to breathe heavily in and out.

Is this just a question of my cardio-vascular system not catching up with the rest of me? Seems like my body wants to do more than my lungs (the lower right lung, anyway) will allow.

I get that sometimes too, but it's not your lung, although I know it feels like it. It's likely a cramp in the muscle in your chest in the area of your lower lung. Makes it hard to take breaths, much less deep ones. Usually if you massage it a little, it goes away.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.