Breast Implants??

bernajo

Cathlete
Have any of you fitness/Cathe enthusiasts gotten breast implants? I'm considering getting them, and I'm curious if they have negatively impacted you in your workouts and athletic lifestyles? I hear that some women don't like to work their chest muscles when implants are placed under the muscle (which is what has been recommended to me by several plastic surgeons for safety reasons. Any advice/comments??

do a search on "breast implants" here on this forum. i don't have them so i have no advice, but i saw that it was a past post when i was searching for something the other day. hope this helps!

jes;-)

Hello,
I have implants (mascectomy reconstruction) and they do not affect my workouts at all. After the initial recovery time, you can do anything physically you did before. I think it is important to balance your muscles out so I still do chest workouts, but since I'll always be "perky" I don't give it as much attention as I do other body parts. Just be sure you thoroughly research your doc and the downsides to implants (most have to be replaced every 10 years, chances of body rejecting them, etc.) and make an informed decision. Blessings,
Denise

Be careful, a friend of mine's mom had implants and she has had major health problems ever since. She was part of that whole lawsuit thing that happened a few years ago. She would definatly advise anyone against it.
Good luck,
Heather

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.