Boot Camp

amhess

Cathlete
Oh my Gosh! Boot camp kicked my booty! It takes me back to the days in grade school when we had to do push ups and those army squat thrust things. What a great workout Cathe!!! Every muscle in my body felt that. This one will keep me busy for a while, that's for sure. I can't wait to try the rest of them. Thanks again for a great workout, Cathe!
Annie

Hi Annie! Glad you liked it. It is a "fun" total body challenge and a perfect workout to throw in to shock your body/metabolism. As you get better and better at it, be sure to increase your weights to keep the challenge coming. :)

I have this on my schedule for Tuesday morning. It sure looks like a toughie,but a goodie! I get butterflies thinking about it! :) Susan

O-M-G!!!! I'm a DVD'er, but I caved and ordered VHS Boot Camp to tide me over. I did it this morning and I must say it has been a long time since I have felt this "worked out." At the end when Cathe says "Don't you feel accomplished?" I looked at the TV and said, "No, I feel like I've just had the crap beat out of me!" ;-)

Thank you so much, Cathe, for this incredible workout! I can't wait to do the others! :-jumpy

Ha ha I did the exact same thing, waiting for my DVDs but caved and bought Boot Camp on VHS. I did it this weekend, and I LOVED it! I was so afraid of it I took it easy the first time through, I'll kick it up a notch next time now that I know I can make it through!

Jill

Just did this today and had so much fun!:-jumpy I even enjoyed those mountain climber thingys! It was a wonderful,completely different workout that I look forward to doing again! Susan

Susan

Details, details... Please? Which cycle was the toughest, funnest, felt the longest, felt the shortest, how hard was the core work, etc. Just bugging you until snm ships the DVDs. Thanks!

RE: Susan

Jillybean,
I just did Boot Camp for the second time. It was soooo much harder this time. I know there is some kind of special adrenaline rush that comes with doing these workouts for the first time. I'm back to earth now that I've done the workouts a few times each.
What I know of you from reading your posts on this board tells me that you are going to be very happy when you get these tapes.
Boot Camp's music is so motivating. Very funky--which I love.
The cycles don't feel any different in length, probably because they are exactly a minute for each part. I think it gets harder as the workout progresses.
My favorite cardio intervals are the sumo squats and the terminator thrusts. Those terminators are sooo hard. I would have to say anyone who thinks they are easy even for a minute is either lying or from the planet Krypton!
There are lots of fun kickbox segments in the second half of the workout, both in the cardio parts and the lower body parts. There is also a speed skater blast, sequential leg kicks to the front where you lift one knee and kick with the other leg (28 on each side), jumping jacks with plyos, ice breakers, these are in no particular order--just trying to give you a feel for what you will be doing.
The core work is tough! I can't describe the moves too well-- loads of planks--side planks, straight arm planks, bent arm planks with alternating hip dips, reverse crunches with the medicine ball between your legs. Ball over your head lying down and sitting up lifing one foot at a time to meet the ball. These are in no particular order.
The upper body work is standard stuff, although one of the minutes is straight pushups, 4 singles then 2 with 2 counts up and 2 down repeated 4 times. This will make all of us better at pushups I'm sure.
Well--this is not exactly a review, just random boot camp thoughts to keep you from going crazy waiting! Have a great night. Janet

Thanks Jan!

Hey thanks for the indepth review Jan! You're right, music is super important to me. I think that is why Step Fit isn't my all time favorite, I can barely hear the music. But I am just so pumped for these new workouts! Your description ruled! Between what you've said, and Donna's review (thanks again Donna!), I am definitely going to do this one first! (And I thought the 16 sequential power kicks form CK was a lot!)

Everything that Janet said I agree with! It goes by really fast. On a few of her "cardio minutes" it seems like the minute will never end.I am really feeling the effects of this workout this morning.My abs- oooh my! I've done so many of Cathe's tapes and this is the first time I remember waking up sore all over-and I have IMAX2 scheduled for today! :eek:
You'll love it! :7 Susan

Nooooo! :) She doesn't move around too much.Her cardio is pretty much in place(i.e jacks w/plyos or knee lifts w/ speed bags in place,speed skaters and some other kickbox moves)). Her lower body stuff was squats,lunges,kicks.Her upper body was all traditional with push ups for chest. Her ab work was a lot of plank work from different angles(side to side and forward). My area to move is probably 8' x 7' and I had plenty! Susan

Good. I don't have much room to workout in. I'm going to get the Boot Camp/Muscle Endurance DVD eventually. I'm still working on my Power Hour/MIS/BodyMax DVD. After that, I'm going to try my Pure Strength DVD. I'm new to Cathe, and I wish I had found her sooner. Her workouts are great. Anyway, thanks for responding...

HUH??? Do you mean Cathe is actually LEVITATING now??? I can't picture this move... but I'm buy the tape when I'm done reading this thread!

[[[sequential leg kicks to the front where you lift one knee and kick with the other leg (28 on each side)]]]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.