Boo Hiss: sweetened milk

RapidBreath

Cathlete
I hope that this doesn't get into our grocery stores. The idea that they can add something to a food product without including it in the label simply by lobbying for it is deplorable.

At a certain point a person starts contemplating buying their own cow!!!

Yes, a big BOO HISS. We have the right to know what is in our food and be able to avoid substances like sugar if we want.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Pam

Wow that is insane. Not only should we be able to know what is in a product but what if someone is allergic to any of these ingredients? Plus who wants their kids drinking sweetened milk? Another attempt by the large food corporations to addict us to the sugar, fat, salt trio. Despicable.

It has gotten to the point where I make just about everything that I eat and drink from complete scratch. I spend one heck of a lot of time in the kitchen, but at least I know I am eating nutritious food that is free of added preservatives, chemicals, and other junk. I now have a difficult time eating anything other than what I make myself. :eek: I agree with you PhyllisG, this news is despicable.

I can not believe they have the nerve to petition for this! :mad: Obviously they know people would avoid buying their products if this crap was put into it so why bother? Are they really hurting so much for sales that they think putting artificial sweetner in is going to help? :confused:

WOW ok now I'm ticked off again! I'm so sick of these corporations deciding what the American people need to know. I personally quit all diet sodas and artificial sweeteners years ago. I do not drink dairy milk. I either make my own nut milk or occasionally have coconut milk. How can the FDA even consider such a petition? Oh wait, congress is bought and paid for. I forgot!

I wish we would ban GMOs and label everything that is in our food! Thank goodness I eat mostly plants!!!! Unless they find a way to add junk to cauliflower!!

The dairy industrys decades old lie of "humans need cows milk" is unravelling. Good!!!!

Haha sorry I was just venting!!!

Stunning and sickening!! "Food" is becoming more and more a loose term. I only buy organic dairy products now and if this were to pass, I would potentially give up dairy entirely. Ridiculous!

This is a travesty, and I'm sick of who *they* are that decide what we eat. But then...California had a chance to have foods labeled for GMO ingredients and yet they voted it down. California is the 8th largest economy in the WORLD and the voters decided with big agriculture and FDA cronies. That is stunning and very disappointing considering how progressive they are over health issues.

Have you heard about GMO Salmon, so what's next? Monsanto rules the world and they own nearly all the seeds on this planet except for the people who have saved heirloom seeds to continue to grow fruits and vegetables from the early 1900's. Its very sad indeed, almost like a science fiction movie.

This is the link to GMO Salmon if you want to read about it.
Ocean Robbins: Is Genetically Engineered Salmon Safe?

It makes a person want to buy a cow. I have six acres. . . hmmm. ..:eek:

Sure you can buy a cow...

But remember that you will need buy a bull and hope that they get busy, or...

Of course because that's somewhat unreliable the typical way is to buy two bulls, have one mount the other (a female cow would not be able to withstand the repetitive mounting) to get the necessary material for artificial insemination.

9 months later, congratulations! You now have a baby cow. You can dispose of it how you wish and drink the mother's milk.

To make a popular treat called cheese, you can blend up the baby's stomach to extract the enzymes, mix it with the mother's milk, and bam! Delicious cheese!

Why are people still drinking this stuff??? People are worried about sweeteners getting into their solution of hormones, pus, IGF-1, environmental pollutants, arachidonic acid, etc etc...

Maybe, just maybe if we all emailed the FDA and were a bunch of squeaky wheels they would listen to us, the people....the ones they are suppose to be protecting from this kind of dishonest thing.

[email protected]

I only drink a little milk in my coffee, mostly almond milk but my kids do and it upsets me more that they could be exposed to ingredients I don't want them to have.

Like so many of you have said, the only safe thing anymore is making our food from scratch as much as possible to keep the nasty things out of our diet.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.