Bodypump home video

ShelleyM

I purchased the Bodypump home video system from Walmart and have done it twice. It doesn't seem to be that much of a workout. I really like the video, but what can I do to make it tougher? I've increased to 5 pounds per side, and that is very easy. I am not a die-hard like most of you are. I have been doing Firm for about 10 years, and have a couple of Cathe's tapes, but I mainly jog a few times a week for about 3 miles. Should I go ahead and increase my weights, or wait until I do it a few more times before I increase the weights. Thanks for any information you give me.
Shelley

BodyPUMP....Love it or Leave it...

Hi Shelley!

I have the BodyPUMP home system and I LOVE it. Probably more cuz of the music then anything! I get a GREAT workout from it and I increase the weights depending on the day. If you pay attention to your form and use heavy enough weights (which you'll have to experiment to get the weights to YOUR own fitness level), you can get a GREAT workout from it!!! Play around with the weights and see how it goes. But listen to your body!!!

I believe they say (read it somewhere or maybe heard it?) that one can go up to 90 lbs. on some of the exercises! Not that I recommend going from 5 lbs. on each end to 40 lbs. on each end!!!
wink.gif

Enjoy and have fun.... It's one of my favorite workouts. Hey: Maybe I'll do THAT one today!
happy.gif

Hope this helps!
Cleda

Sounds like fun.. will check it out. ? for you have you heard of TINIX??

and what do you think of it??

Oh NO......

Just what I need..... More exercise stuff to check out??? If it IS exercise stuff... no, I have never heard of it.......

Do tell Stevie, what is it??
happy.gif

I'm waiting with baited breath!!! tee-hee.....
Cleda

BodyPump

Cleda-
Thanks for your help. I do love the music, too--it makes the workout seem so short!! I will try increasing the weights. I wonder if it will work if you mix the Firm barbell weights with the ones that come with the BodyPump? Has anyone tried it?
Shelley

what I saw of this.. on the web

it is a form of sticks that are stacked up like a hurdle takes no more space than a step bench and you do that kid type game of going over it and back. I have heard various gyms had it. I have not seen it. I have heard there is a video coming. I have not seen it.
was hoping someone else had.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.