Body Shop Products

Ciddy

Cathlete
Does anyone here use any of the Body Shop skin or hair care products? A co-worker is selling Body Shop stuff and one of my other co-workers just raves about it. I've never heard of it until now. Just curious.

I don't use them anymore but have done in the past. I like their body lotions in particular. They're usually good quality stuff.

Ronne

I am addicted to The Body Shop. The only body moisturizer I use is their Body Butter (Shea and Brazil Nut are my favorites). I also use their Hemp Hand Cream (a must for NY winters), their liquid hand soaps and their body wash (my favorite is the Yling Yling). Have also used their honey shampoo - and found it very nice.

I also have used their face cleansers and face moisturizers - though I'm trying Olay Regenerists now to see if I like it better.

Oh, and another must for me is their peppermint foot rescue cream. It's the only thing that's helped my cracked heels.

Get in the Love My Body club - you save 10% on every purchase and get free product whenever you earn so many points. I get a free body butter every couple months.

And...portions of their proceeds help the rain forest and some products help victims of domestic abuse.

I agree about the Body Butter - good stuff! My favorite is mango or satsuma. I also love their Vitamin C face care line. I swear by the Vitamin C Plus Time Release Capsules - they're excellent! Additionally, I've used the Olive glossing shampoo & conditioner and quite a few makeup items and have been happy with just about everything I've tried from there.

~Cathy :)

Another fan here:) I love their olive oil body butter, such a light and fresh scent. I also like their bronzing beads, light with just a little shimmer. Some of their perfume oils are really nice too. I'm a fan of White Musk. It's a fun store to puruse, nice presentation and great sales help (don't get enough of that these days;)).

Take Care
Laurie

Oh yes, the body butter is AMAZING. My favorite is Sesame, but it sounds like everyone likes something a little different.

I'm going to have to give some of these products a try. It is the body butter that my co-workers have been raving about, so that's the first thing on my list. Thanks for the suggestions.

A little late here but I am another fan of Body Shop products I just bought Wise Woman skin care line because they discontinued the Soy/Calendula line I am using it for Cosmetology School for my facials. I have the foot line for pedicures and every Christmas I purchase the Cranberry scrub shimmering body lotion and butter. Maybe your mall in your area may have a store.

beth6395

"Another one that proves equipment is not necessary to get the job done" -Cathe Friedrich

When you use the Body Butter, put it on RIGHT after you finish your shower, and before you dry off. It's the best moisturizer.

Beth6395,

How do you like the skin care products for the face? Would you let me know if you like the Wise Woman skin care line? My mom is always looking for a skin care line that she absolutely loves and has yet to find it. Thanks.

I've never tried their body products but I love their simmering potpourri oils. My house always smells so good so my neighbor says. I love the satsuma/cranberry/watermelon combo. It's delicious!!! Teresa

Re: the facial care line...I would go to the store and ask for some samples for your mom. They are great about that. When I want to try something new, they'll usually set me up with some little sample jars to last anywhere from a few days to a week.

Teresa - I love the oils, too. Satsuma's a favorite. Do you mix those three scents yourself or is it sold in a combo?

~Cathy :)

Wow - the Body Butter is expensive. I just visited the website since I don't have a store around here. Is the Body Butter that good? $18 for a 6 oz container?

I have used their skin care in the past (12-15 years ago) and I always liked everything I purchased, although their selections sure have changed.

I used to love the Banana Shampoo and conditioner and actually wanted to get a couple for my travel bag, but I see they no longer have it. Is the Honey shampoo/cond really moisturizing? I have extremely dry/color treated hair.

I think right now they are running a special - 2 for $28. I agree it is not cheap, but personally, I do think it is *that* good. I tried a knock-off from Target once, but it was not even close. The consistency really is smooth as butter and I love how soft it makes my skin feel.

If you do like their stuff, it makes sense to get the Love Your Body Rewards card that an earlier poster mentioned. I don't usually go for frequent shopper cards when you have to pay for them, but this is one instance when I can say it really does pay off because I like so many of their products. It's $10 for the card and you get 10% off every purchase plus you earn points. For every $20 you spend, you earn 1 point or 2 pts for every $50. When you reach 4 points, you get a free $15 gift; at 8 points, you get a free $25 gift. You also get a $10 gift on your birthday.

I don't know about the honey shampoo as I have only tried the olive, which is for normal/dry hair. (Mine tends to be dry.) I actually alternate using it with Redken shampoo/conditioner, but I like it. The olive is supposed to be a glossing shampoo, and I think it does leave the hair soft and shiny.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.