Body Rx

boydjess

Cathlete
I just got the Body Rx book and I am very interested in following the nutrition protion. I agree with alot of the work out portion. However, I really do not want to give up Cathe video's. I was wondering if anyone is following this program and how they have incorporated Cathe video's. Any other input about this program would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks,
Jessica

RE: Body Rx--this is long

I followed the diet program for a few weeks & did just Cathe videos instead of his workouts. Unfortunately, I didn't follow the nutritional program for long enough to know if it worked. I enjoyed the information I got out of it but I need something more interactive--

www.physiquetransformation.com is similar to Body RX & Body for Life in that it is nutritional based but doesn't tell you which exercise program to follow. Except that it does have you stop ALL cardio for a short period of time. It does cost $7.97 a month & requires a lot of work. I'm having great success with it. I've been doing it for 6 weeks & have had great strength & muscle gains. I will start doing cardio for shorter periods (20 to 30 minutes at target heart range) in 10 days. I'm looking forward to a little IMax on Monday, April 21! LOL

As for nutrition, the program doesn't tell you WHAT to eat, just how many calories & in what proportions (Protein, Carbs, Fat). Like Body RX & BFL, you eat high protein, but you also eat high GOOD carbs & low fat. I'm currently eating 2740 calories a day with a 28/52/20 (percentage) split. I've increased my caloric intake from 1500 calories a day to the current 2740 with NO WEIGHT GAIN. I feel like I'm going to explode eating this much! I can even work in cookies & snacks to get in my caloric requirements. On the 21st, I drop my calories & begin a zig zag type pattern like Francine has posted about. I'm supposed to be able to lose 2 lbs a week when I begin this portion of the program. We'll see.

You can check out the support group on-line at Yahoo.com groups. You don't have to pay for the program to belong to the support group. They are called the pfasupport. Some people have given a lot of good advice & the proprietor of the program answers questions every day. Sometimes though the site is just a bunch of people asking questions about supplements & meal replacement stuff. That really turns me off. I am doing this program with as few supplements & meal replacements as I can. I'm learning really good nutritional guidelines using this program.

The website offers a free "e-book" that explains the program in more detail. Its in Adobe Acrobat reader format & you can save it to your hard drive. I have referred back to it several times over the course of the program. You can also do a free analysis for 5 days. When I say FREE, I mean FREE they do not ask for your credit card information until after the 5 days is over. Don't give it to them until then--I did because I knew I wanted to try the program. I got charged immediately & missed out on my 5 free days. Oh well. Silly me. I have no regrets!

They do have a "store" to purchase supplements & such. I find them to be expensive & can find most of the products in similar form at Vitamin World or Vitamin Shoppe for less. For example, they have a protein supplement similar to Myoplex for $44, I get Myoplex at Vitamin Shoppe for $29. However, I think this is where the company makes it's money so they have to do something for all they are giving us for the $8.00 a month. Oh, I will say, if you pay for the program & purchase products, they give you that $8 in a discount on their products. So in essence, you get the program for free that month. IMO, the $8 doesn't make up for how overpriced their products are.

There are also a group of about 4 us checking in at www.mindundermuscle.com, in the Check-in forum. Those other ladies will be happy to answer questions, too, I'm sure.

If someone signs up & uses my name FitnessGoddess, my e-mail address [email protected], I get entered to win a free t-shirt. WOOHOO! I think there is an additional discount on products but that T-shirt is nice! I won one for entering recipes last month. LOL

I will emphasise, it is A LOT of work & you have to eat A LOT of food at the outset. It takes some getting used to. Yesterday was my first day at 2740. By 8 last night I had eaten so much, I said "FORGET IT! I'm getting a low score & I don't care! I can't eat anymore." Today is a new day & I'll try again.

I DO NOT work for the company. I'm just having really good success with the plan. So, I really believe in it & want people to know about it.

Jessica, I posted to you over on Lean&Strong, sorry for being slow but I didn't see the post until today and I don't get here that often either. If I can help you w/BodyRx and incorporating Cathe's workouts, just ask.

Please stop back at Lean&Strong or drop me a mail at [email protected].

Wow Deborah thanks for all the information. It does sound like a great plan. I am going to check it out but for right now I will probably stick with the BodyRx. I am looking for as low key as possible. I tend to make things more complicated than they have to be and just want something that will help me clean up my diet a bit and get me on the right track. I still plan on looking at this site and the free 5 day trial. You never know I may come back to it. Thanks again for all the info. I can tell you are very passionate about it and that is GREAT..

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.