Body heating up quickly-advice?

sittinduck

Cathlete
I was wondering if anyone has had this as well lately.
Background...about 2 weeks ago it started... Normally I start my aerobics/weights etc...about 5 mins into it I feel the heat building and start perspiring. Lately, I start out and automatically with little movement all over sweat..I always check out the temp gauge and it is cool...it is cooler outside than it was 2 weeks ago so I cannot figure what has happened. It is like an oven is turned on and up right away when before it took a good 5 mins or more...any ideas of what this ole bod is up to? TIA duck

Duck,

I am not even close to an expert, but could your problem be hormonal? I have noticed in the last few years that my thermometer is erradic and have narrowed it down to hormones with the help of my doc. I go from hot to cold and the reverse without much warning nor cause which I can identify. Many on the boards have recommended increasing soy intake but honestly I would rather complain and have not indulged in that advice! LOL

HTH and good luck to you!

I have noticed that as, over the years, I warm up more quickly and sweat much more. If I took an aerobics - or even a weights, for that matter! - class today, the instructors would probably watch me and expect me to keel over any moment from a heart attack or heat stroke. But I'm in the best shape of my life. I work out at home, and cannot do so without a fan. On high, baby! In the cooler months, I put it in the open window. I get reeeeeally hot. My husband thinks I'm a wuss. I won't say what I think he is. }(

I haven't looked into it. I'm 28 years old, still a tad overweight, but I'm healthy. Just a bit hot and sweaty. :p I guess I just sort of chalked it up to either my metabolism, or just another fault in my personality.

If it concerns you, as in it interferes with your life or you are getting overheated and lightheaded, I would definitely get it checked out. Otherwise, welcome to the club. :7

ummm hum...hormones!! Thank you Marnold and Autism mom! I kinda figured it was me somehow ...now I have pinpointed it. So I don't get lightheaded just really cool from the wetness.. I wonder if I am burning up so many calories...that is a hopeful thought. }( Ok so I will just call it "normal" now. thanks duck

Hi, thought I'd chime in here. My body goes into what I call The metoboburn (ha). I start my workout with cardio 10 to 30 mins depending on what follows. After my cardio, as soon as I work out I "burn up". It's like a fever. After cooling down I'm still in full sweat. BUT my metabolism goes into high gear. I do 4 to 1 carbs 30 before WO and high protein shake 20 - 30 min after WO. I've actually sweat off a few inches.
Just stop if you feel dizzy, and keep water at hand.

Metoboburn...sounds like a great word to confuse my dh. It may be hormones but I am hoping that it has a side effect of complete calorie burn as well. Lots of water coming!! Thanks for the reply.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.