Body fat %

Marieta

Cathe,

I am your absolute fan from a small European country - Bulgaria and have almost all of your workout and think that you are the best looking fitness woman I have ever seen. I am honest, believe me! Thank you so much for your hard and great work!
I would like to ask you, if it is not so personal, what is your body fat % when you are filming, and is it different when you are not filming.
What is considered to be good body fat % for woman, and what BFP should a woman has to look really cut and lean, and what is the BFP which is unhealthy to keep in long run. I have heard that fitness models can maintain their body fat % extremely low only some days after special events.
I would really appreciate your answer.

Thank you.

Cathe,

I am your absolute fan from a small European country - Bulgaria and have almost all of your workout and think that you are the best looking fitness woman I have ever seen. I am honest, believe me! Thank you so much for your hard and great work!
I would like to ask you, if it is not so personal, what is your body fat % when you are filming, and is it different when you are not filming.
What is considered to be good body fat % for woman, and what BFP should a woman has to look really cut and lean, and what is the BFP which is unhealthy to keep in long run. I have heard that fitness models can maintain their body fat % extremely low only some days after special events.
I would really appreciate your answer.

Thank you.

Hello Marieta.

I'm clearly not Cathe, but Independence Blue Cross was at my office last week to administer BMI and other tests. They provided a chart that showed the recommended maximum percentage of body fat. I'm going to summarize and round a bit here. Here it is for women:

Ages 20-29: Excellent(19%); Good(22%); Fair(25%); Poor(30%)
Ages 30-40: Excellent(20-21%); Good(23-24%); Fair(26-27.5%); Poor(31%)
Ages 40-44: Excellent(23%); Good(25.5%); Fair(29%); Poor(33%)
Ages 45-49: Excellent(24%); Good(27%); Fair(31%); Poor(34%)
Ages 50-60: Excellent(27%); Good(30%); Fair(33-34%); Poor (36-37%)

If I remember correctly, they did not say it was healthy to have a body fat % much lower than that shown in the "excellent" category (I'd have to double check this point, however).

Hope this helps.
Shelbygirl

Thank you Mariela,

I just look through this site and it looks like has a lot of useful information. Tom Venuto is a great guy.

Thank you again. You all are so nice!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.