Blender Workouts Stop on iPhone

Just Jo

I have tried to do two of my blender workouts, one yesterday and one today. In between chapters, it stops. I have to hit play again. Sometimes it works, most the time it doesn't. I fiddled today and couldn't get it running, so I did an On Demand instead.

A FB friend told me to reboot my iPhone, which I did. I still cannot get one of my workouts to play on my phone.

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks.

I'm having the same problem. I stream with my Iphone 5. I wonder if it's an Iphone problem? I also use Apple TV but it also occurred with the HDMI adapter I usually use. I ran out and bought an Apple TV thinking that would fix the problem but it didn't.

I have an iPhone 5C. I'm so excited about this blender, I can't wait to get this glitch worked out so I can go, go, go!!! =)

I have an iPhone 5C. I'm so excited about this blender, I can't wait to get this glitch worked out so I can go, go, go!!! =)
Me too!! I'm already up to 26 premixes with the WB. lol :p I used it yesterday for a homemade Hiit workout. Frustrating to have to constantly press play, but I still got nice and sweaty.

I have the same problem with an iPad Air. Frustrating, to say the least! I really want to take full advantage of the WB, but can't if I'm constantly having to interrupt my workout to push Play every couple of minutes.

We're aware of the issue and are currently working on solution. The problem is being caused by the Apple native player taking control of the WB saved video when using AirPlay. We hope to have a solution to this problem shortly, but this may take some time and a custom App to solve. Hope to to know something more soon and will report back as soon as we do.

We're aware of the issue and are currently working on solution. The problem is being caused by the Apple native player taking control of the WB saved video when using AirPlay. We hope to have a solution to this problem shortly, but this may take some time and a custom App to solve. Hope to to know something more soon and will report back as soon as we do.
Interesting. Why do you think it's still occurring when I plug the iPhone in directly with the hdmi adapter? It's not using AirPlay with the adapter...

I don't know whether you all have been working on the chapter issues today that
Some Have been having but I just did one of my workouts running my iPad mini
With hdmi adapter & cable and the chapters changed better than they ever
Have...mine have been advancing ok with a little lag time between like
Maybe 5-10 seconds but this last time I bet it was only about 1-3 seconds,
And we were even having a thunderstorm !

We did work on the performance of the WB over the weekend, but hard to say if that is the reason for the improvement. Could also be that the internet is faster for you today, but also as more people use the WB the individual chapters that are used are cached on servers all over the world. As this happens it reduces the time it takes to play them.

We did work on the performance of the WB over the weekend, but hard to say if that is the reason for the improvement. Could also be that the internet is faster for you today, but also as more people use the WB the individual chapters that are used are cached on servers all over the world. As this happens it reduces the time it takes to play them.

I'm happy to report that I did another blender workout and the chapters changed
Without a hitch, prob about 1-3 seconds...about a 40 min workout....using iPad
Mini running IOS 6 with hdmi adapter & cable...this is so much fun!

Good to know I'm not the only one having trouble with WB on IPad. It stops right between chapters,and frustrating, you are in a rhythm and stop. Thanks for looking into this. I love the new WB,

I forgot, this may have already been answered, my apologies for repeat, but does chrome cast work with on demand as well as live?

Thanks!

I forgot, this may have already been answered, my apologies for repeat, but does chrome cast work with on demand as well as live?

Thanks!

Yes, Chromecast can play Cathe Live as well as Cathe On Demand videos. Also works for Workout Blender saved workouts.

I am having the same problem, but I found a work around last night. Not the prettiest solution, but much better than having to press play after every chapter. (I'm using an HDMI Adapter with my IPad Air)

I opened the cathe website/workout blender in Chrome on my Ipad, then enlarged it on the ipad screen until the video filled my TV screen; not using the "full screen" option, just using my fingers on the IPAD screen to zoom in and make the video most of the ipad's screen. When I used the "full screen" option it did the stopping thing. Hopes this helps someone until the glitch is corrected. I am LOVING the blender!

I don't know whether you all have been working on the chapter issues today that
Some Have been having but I just did one of my workouts running my iPad mini
With hdmi adapter & cable and the chapters changed better than they ever
Have...mine have been advancing ok with a little lag time between like
Maybe 5-10 seconds but this last time I bet it was only about 1-3 seconds,
And we were even having a thunderstorm !

I'm happy to report that I did another blender workout and the chapters changed
Without a hitch, prob about 1-3 seconds...about a 40 min workout....using iPad
Mini running IOS 6 with hdmi adapter & cable...this is so much fun!

I'm not sure what set up you are using, but I ran out and bought and IPad Mini (2) AND an Apple tv this week and I STILL can't get the chapters to go without pressing play. In addition, it sometimes freezes even within chapters. This occurs whether I'm using the AirPlay with the Apple tv OR the HDMI Cable and I've tried both...repeatedly. :( I'm getting so frustrated I'm ready to scrap the whole thing and cancel the On Demand, even though I've taken the time to carefully craft over 30 premixes. My premixes are so freaking awesome, though, and I want to do them so badly! :( :(

The reason you're having an issue is your using an Apple mobile device. Buying a different Apple mobile device will not help you. The problem you're having seems to be a bug with Apple's player on mobile devices. We're still researching this and waiting to hear back from Apple and some other developer forums we use.

We did find another company that reported the exact same problem on playing playlist on Apple mobile devices on their developer forums, but the issue was never resolved and Apple never responded. Hopefully we will have better luck. If you use a An Apple computer and AirPlay everything will work fine. The problem is only with Apple mobile devices and AirPlay since they use their own player instead of ours.

This is something we're still researching and trying to find answer to or a workaround. We're just in the beginning phase of looking into this and hopefully after the holidays we will know more. But this may be something Apple has to fix on their default mobile player and who knows when or if this will happen. We also hope and think our mobile app we're currently working on will solve the issue since we think we can bypass their default player, but it is premature to say for sure. We're also hopeful that we can get an answer from Apple on a code change or setting we can do that will allow our playlist to pass through continuously and without stopping, but only time will tell. In the meantime if you have an Apple Laptop or computer that you can stream or hook to your TV your problem will go away. Chromecast and Android mobile devices should work fine too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.