biometric timeclocks & software

Sunshine1528

Cathlete
Not an exercise topic but I need information and am having a hard time getting anyone to respond.

My company is looking to use biometric timeclocks for time keeping and if any of you are in payroll or use them to get paid can you let me know what you think about:

- do they work easily or are there lots of problems
- what software is used to view the information and how are the reports
- what brand of timeclock/software is it
- if you aren't payroll or HR do you have someone I could connect with to ask the questions?

TIA if you can help . . . ;)

I am a manufacturing consultant, so I have a couple of questions:

1. What kind of business?
2. Why biometric? Newest thing on the block? Problems with people checking in for other people? Why not a basic data collection program?
3. How many branches?
4. Is the company using data collection now and what type?
5. What is the budget?

Atilla:

1. Manufacturing & distribution
2. Plant mgr doesn't want swipe cards for ease of use - other mgrs don't want to deal with loss or employees remembering them to clock in.
3. I have 6 locations, 3 with satellite ops
4. Not using it at all and want to be able to collect labor hours daily for an incentive program (also for payroll - we are using time cards currently)
5. No budget at this time but we will be moving forward so in the investigation stage but need to make it happen ASAP

We are most interested in the software and data collection process/availability but also need it to import into payroll.

A few more questions;

Do you have manufacturing software in place and if so which kind?
Do you want to be able to track jobs, inventory, subcontractors, labor and cost the job?
What kind of manufacturing? (job shop, long line manufacturing?)
Is your accounting software stand alone or does it tie into the job?
For Pay for Performance, do you track minutes/hours against preset jobs or activities?
Do you schedule?

If you want, you can pm me and we can talk through email.

Jacque,
I have no info on biometric time clocks, but just wanted to let you know that the "Open Discussion" forum is open to all topics as per Cathe ("talk about anything you like"), so no need to feel inappropriate for not posting a health/fitness-related thread. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.