Big Boobs: Ever wear cute bra tops???

naughtoj

Cathlete
Ok, I am fed up with my boobs.

I want to wear all the cute little outfits out there. I got the butt for it, but my boobs are just too dang big for that stupid "inner bra" in the tops.

So.........what do all you big boobed women do? Now, I am talking hoisting those babies for a Cathe workout, not Yoga, so, any ideas??

Right now I use Champion Full Figure with the adjustable straps, but I am looking for something T-back maybe to go underneath those cute tops. If I go braless.........well.......major THO and bounce. Just not what I would call pretty.

Boy, I wish I had fake ones. There is a girl in my classes with fake ones and she wears all kinds of cute little spaghetti strapped tops to class with NO BRA!! And they sit right up there and don't move at all! How cool would that be???

HELP!!! I wanna feel pretty too........:(

I tend to have the opposite problem. I am flat as a board and sometimes look ridiculous in those cute shirts. I have to always wear a padded strapless with those tanks. But, I could see how having the big boobs would be a problem too. Could you squish them down with a great sports bra?

Susan

I'm a C cup, so I'm too big to really go braless, but I simply either wear a demi cup bra that matches (for the straps) or I wear a strapless bra underneath. Most of the young girls wear some kind of bra underneath - you need to showcase your assets, not let them go flat or bouncy... lol.

I have this problem too. I wear a 36D and hate the super duper sports bras that look like Grandma bras. I bought a Champion Shape 2000 Tback in a 38C and wear it under tops with the shelf bras or the Nike tanks that are lined in the front. I don't know that it's a cute look but it certainly looks better than the Grandma bras and doesn't give the uniboob look.

This is a continuing problem for me, especially with doing Cathe. It makes the high impact stuff very frustrating. I have even tried the much touted Enell, and no luck. I just ordered two new bras from Title 9 sports, one is the frog bra, and when I tested it out by doing jumping jacks in the bathroom, it seemed a little better than the Enell to me. I am planning on wearing it tonight for Step Max, so we will see. I never wear cute tops, ever, for anything.

I'm a 36C so I understand where you are coming from. Lately, I've been buying the XS spaghetti shirts with the built in bra and then just cutting out the bra portion. The shirts are small(tight) enough that they end up giving me support and usually thick enough that nothing shows through. Sometimes I even wear them under other shirts if I don't feel like wearing a bra. But usually I can find a cute shirt with short sleeves that fits well and that I can wear a bra with.
I used to wear a sports bra everywhere but I got sick of that "uniboob" look. Another option is to wear the shirts that tie behind your neck (not sure what they're called) with the built in bra in them. I find, at least for me, that these shirts are the most flattering and the bra portion does not bother me for some reason. I think that these shirts just look better on large breasted women.
Carolyn

I'm a 36D/34DD depending on the bra. I have pretty much given up on cute, because the girls are really heavy,really really heavy. My doctor was concerned about my back at one time. x(

The only thing I've been able to use to keep the bounce out while doing the high impact stuff are the Champion Classic Compression ones. Any bounce and I'm sore as heck in the morning.

Sigh. I wanna be wear cute stuff too. ;(

Title 9 Frog Bra for exercising. How big is "big"? I'm a 34C, but it looks bigger on me because I'm so short and small framed. I really like the Victoria's Secrets Pink t-shirt bra for everyday wear. They have very thin straps that look like camisole straps if you have a shirt on that shows them. There's also a little hook deal on one of the straps that allows you to turn it into a t-back.

I don't have this problem as I wear a 34A, but no matter as I still wear a bra under the built in bras as I don't want my nips to show. I always cringe when I see someone else's nipples waving "hello" to me! EW!

Charlotte~~

I am a 34D and have had problems with bounce and unaboob for years. I have used champion jogbra for years. But recently I bought Moving Comfort "Maia" bras. I love them. They are much more comfortable than the jogbra and it actually lifts, seperates and supports. I bought them at Dicks' Sporting Goods.

I have always found it necessary to wear 2 "sports bras" when I work out. I am referring to the generic cotton bra top, not an actual bra. It makes a huge difference if there is impact during your workouts. I feel "held in" and relatively pain free! I teach water aerobics also, and wear a sports bra under my swimsuit (matching hopefully) to lesser the bounce load.:) :)

I'm right there with ya, Janice. Envious of those who get to wear the cute racerbacks and everything else that is cute in the store.

But then, I'm not willing to wear anything that exposes my tummy either.

Last time I was in the store, the salesperson was telling me that there are cute bra-tops I could wear that will give good support if I'm willing to expose my mid-section. If you've got a good midsection, which, as memory serves, you do, go to a good sporting goods store and speak to someone who knows what they're talking about and you may be pleasantly surprised at what they have for us top-heavy types these days. :D

I have this problem as well (36DD) and I found a great company called "BraSmith", they have all different kinds of bras for all different sizes, but many are available in my size. (Some are the usual, frumpy looking ones, but some are pretty dang cute!) They have sports bras too, and I got one from there that doesn't do the uniboob thing and really supports (can't think of the name of it now and I'm at work...). The other company that I go through is Activa, they've got alot of different types of sports bras. (I still haven't found one that would support enough for high impact that would go under spaghetti straps though...:( ) Good luck!

Kris

Thanks for starting this thread! My 36D's don't go well with hardcore fitness, or low impact either.

Sometimes I wish I had fake ones too! Spaghetti straps? I can only dream....

36D here and the only way I have managed to wear cute sports top is with a sports bra under them. Actually, I have one bra top that I do this with and it works really well, because the top and the bra work together to lessen bounce (no such thing as no bounce for me--I've given up trying to eliminate it and just live with an acceptable level of it). I like Champion sports bras--have worn mine so much that they are actually falling apart.

Thanks for the feedback and ideas everyone. I will have to try out some of those suggestions on bras. I have the "Maia" bra, which I like, but my boobs are slightly too big for the 34DD bra, which I think is the highest it comes?? I'll have to look. It supports better than the Champion Full Figure, I agree, and is much "prettier" but also has a much more "heavy duty" feel to it.

The Enell Bra was a nightmare!! Talk about feeling like a freak, LOL!

Well, I am gonna try to take a few pounds off before I get all crazy baring skin so maybe it'll be easier to find a bra then. Not much though, cuz even when I was anorexic I only got down to a large B... Oh well. I guess we always want what we don't have.....(sigh)

If it makes you girls feel any better my fake babies jiggle. I mean I haven't been able to do a Cathe workout yet but I already bought a Champion Double Dry bra and did genie hops and power 7s in the dressing room (I know I'm a freak) and it was the only bra that felt like I was locked in enough (they didn't have the enell in my size)... I put on one of my sugoi bras.. now its a small but the medium is too big on my shoulders, so I have to wear a small-- so it is TIGHT but I still feel like when I start high impact I'm going to have to wear two bras when working out..and I didn't go huge.. I seem to be settling into a 36C/34D.... which was my natural size before losing all the weight. But then I see the firm girls in those cute tops and they are pretty well endowed (and also fake) and they don't seem to have a problem!

I had one friend tell me that I just have to get used to it and then I'll be ok with my regular bras-- but right now, I don't see it! LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.