BFL ~ Tuesday 11/20/07

Ok, I'm back..I went and heated up my b'fast .. (egg whites w/ turkey bacon/ light w/w english muffin).

Did S&H Chest & Back last night. I pushed hard, I think If I keep up w/ this workout I might need to increase my dumbell weight to 25pds. I only have up to 20 pds now.
I even have back DOMS, I never get them! My chest was on fire last night, but only slight DOMS this morning.

I am going to do S&H for 3-4 weeks (adding cardio/HIIT on alternating days), and then switch to BBC for 4-weeks....will try to do all the cardio portions at the end each day.
When I do more than three (3) days of cardio, I tend to lose weight faster...but is this what I want? I am kind of disappointed that the scale is not going down, but I'm not gaining weight, so that is a plus! :) And when I lose weight, I want to gain (this is b/c everyone thinks I look sick)....H*ll, I can never win... :) Do I make any sense?!?

Tonight will be some form of cardio. Since we are working 10-hr days this week, I am unable to get to the gym at lunch. So tonight will probably be 1 or 2 BBC cardios... Do you think 2 of them will be too much? My BF son is over, so he took over the living room and that is where I normally set up to do step... Oh well!

How is everyone?

BBL -Jenn ~

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Hi and Good Morning to you all,

Woke this morning feeling like I actually got some sleep. Yeah! :)
I didn't have to get up at 5am to wake DD. Just stayed in bed until 6:20 and that was just right.

Jennifer: You are doing a good job keeping yourself from gaining weight and that should be your goal. Your family and friends are telling the truth and that you are just right. I see these girls on TV that just look like walking skeletons,it is awful and to me ugly. What would happen if they took ill? I don't think their bodies could handle it to tell you the truth. Looking healthy is more important than that number on the scale. Throw that damn scale out!
With weight workouts you will be toning everything and adding definition so this is great. With the cardio you are strengthening your endurance and burning calories. To stay at your current weight you need to burn 500 cals per day. If you go over that you loose weight. Your diet should be clean and drink water to replenish your muscles and cells. Stay away from soda for this is a killer to any diet plan. Your doctor is the best person to seek advice from as to whether you should or NEED to loose more weight.

I live by these rules and have had 4 kids and still look as though I was in my 20's. Granted I have gained a few due to house-contruction and a lack of being able to workout regularly. But I am back to my routines and have lost that added weight and have been working on keeping stong and toned. I am determined to be stronger as I get older and not get that feeble elderly body. I guess I inherited this attitude from my great-aunt. She was extremely independant until the day she died.

How's that for a pep talk! :D

What cardio from the BBC are you planning on?

Todays workout:
(Original) Boot Camp...this ought to be tough! I haven't done this
one yet. }( Will have to let you know how it goes.

Have to run...DS is ready for school.
BBL

Hi Heidi~ Thanks!
Sounds like you always have a jam packed day. Isn't it a great feeling to sleep in once in a while. I love my weekends.. :)
I plan on doing the cardio from Arms/Abs..I feel Barry is the hardest one in this series. Have a great workout!!

~Jennifer~

Hi Jennifer:

I agree! Barry has that evil laugh thing going.:7

Have a great workout! I am headed for mine right now.

Take Care,
BBL

Hi Jennifer!

Wow! That was a tough Boot Camp workout. I know Cathe and her gang felt that one too! Talk about a lot of heavy breathing. I modified the the split jumps because they are too hard on my legs for I am working out in my cellar. I am going to have raised flooring put in that is better for high impact cardio. I just did jumping jacks or ran in place during these. Ab workouts were good but I guess my muscles are getting pretty strong because I felt like I could use another round of those.
Tonight I might add the abs and maybe a 20min iTread program.

As for doing two BBC cardio's...I know Barry's is pretty tough on your legs... what program did you have in mind?

I am showered, having an omelete for lunch and going food shopping next. BBL :7

Heidi~

Great work getting BootCamp in! I don't pull that DVD out much, afraid, very afraid :)

I will probably just do Arms/Abs cardio .. I will think about putting in another one (maybe BBC Legs Cardio)... Finish up w/ Ab Ripper X.

Have a great shopping day! I hate to grocery shop..

By the way, where the heck is Gayle?

~Jennifer~

Well, drats, my back is still hurting, however, thankfully it is finally getting better. I have dog agility tonight so I'm gonig to do some light stretches and see what I can do with some light running. Thankfully it's my "small" dog of 40 lbs so she's easy enough to handle, lift in/out of the car. I sure hope I can do some cardio tomorrow. If I'm feeling up to it, I will do some floor work on legs tonight.

Jenn: I’ve been craving turkey bacon but can’t find the brand I used to get. The ones I find now are too high in fat for me.

Heidi: Oh great tip for me…I need to burn 500 calories to maintain. Still can’t workout, but a good walk would help. Don’t you dare say soda is bad….says the Diet Coke addict!

Colleen

Hi Colleen and Jennifer,

Hi Gayle...where ever you are. Hope you are doing ok today. You must be busy like me running around and getting ready for Turkey Day. Are you doing the cooking? I can't remember if we all asked this one.

What about the rest of you?

I am back from my whirlwind of running around town. I got all my shopping done and picked up my son from school. He is now eating his lunch so I can check-in with you all now.

Colleen: As for the soda...well after watching for your health yesterday they have concluded that soda is the worst enemy for anyone trying to loose weight. It has loads of high fructose corn syrup in it. Even the so called diet brands aren't that great for you. What the heck is in Splenda anyway!??? Scary stuff I would imagine. Don't use it and am waiting for the latest health and lab reports on this one.

If you can cut back even by one a day all the better for you.:) :) :)

Ouch on lifting the dogs. This can't be too good right now. Is there anyway you could have someone else lift the dog out of the car? This must be at an awkward angle for you.

Jennifer: I hope she is ok... but my guess is that Gayle's busy with the school today. She must be having some sort of Thanksgiving party with the kids. My sons school is doing this sort of thing tomorrow. They also only have 1/2 a day. My son wishes that they would just cancel the day instead of having to get up early to go in for about 3 hours.
Ya..me too on grocery shopping. If I don't go in with a list I get totally confused with what I am trying to put together for meals. My DH on the otherhand gets things together for meals so easy. Maybe he should do the shopping! Retrack that....we would be eating pizza,fried foods and loads of potato chips! ;-)

Well...on to dinner plans. Have a great evening everyone!
:) Heidi

Hi Colleen~ I'm glad your back is starting to feel better. Have you been taking anything for the pain? I have to say again, your dog is just too cute!!! :)
I forget the brand of Turkey Bacon I buy, I will have to look when I get home. I know on the package it says it's South Beach Diet approved. :)

These 10-hr days at work are killing me. Another 1 1/2 hrs to go..x(

~Jennifer~

So, who all is taking Thanksgiving Day as their free day?

I will probably stay clean. I thought about making the pumkin pie out of the EFL cookbook :9

While, I love Diet Coke...It bloats me to no end...not good :(

Heidi~ I am the same way when I go in the grocery store. If I don't write stuff down, I forget all of it. Most times I will walk in and say, "Now what did I come here for." LOL :) My DD always yells at me and says, "you do this all the time, write a dang list, MOM!!"
My kids have a 1/2 day also tomorrow. They go in by 7:25 and then they are done by 10:45...what is that? I normally let them start their holiday early...it's better for both of us, I don't have to get there rears out of bed :p

~Jennifer~

Hey guys! HERE I AM! LOL I've been home all day, just busy around the house with one thing after the next. First, got the kids on the bus. Then my friend came over for a few hours to scrapbook some more. Then the kids got OFF the bus, and BF dropped his DS and his ex's son off here to play, while he works from home. I got them lunch, then we played some games and stuff (I also scrapped some more during the times they were occupied amongst themselves, lol), and NOW I FINALLY have a few moments alone. I'm in the basement while they're all upstairs doing different things! SHHHHHHHHH...don't tell them where I'm hiding! lol

OK...first, I overslept...not sure why. I did get up for the bathroom at 3:30am, which is an hour later than usual for me. BUT...I made absolutely SURE that I didn't miss my workout. Haven't missed a single one yet all these 8 weeks and I didn't intend to start this AM! Today was HIIT so I did iTread 19 and I'm REALLY starting to love this workout. I maxed out at 9.4 mph...that's like a 6:40 mile! I was huffin and puffin when I finished THAT interval. lol Then I tacked on abs and a stretch.

I'm planning out Thursday's menu...which will all be healthy. I'm making the usual stuff (turkey, mashed pots, and stuff), but I'm also adding in some baked home-grown sweet potatoes and steamed carrots to make BFL-friendly stuff. I WILL NOT SPLURGE! NOTHING! No DESSERTS! I can and WILl wait till Sunday's Free Day to have a slice of pie. I WILL I WILL I WILL!

My sis is coming into town tomorrow from N Carolina. I'll be scrapping during school hours till 11, then sis should be home by then. Then I'll hit the grocery store for my TDay stuff and then I'll be making the pumpikin pie (for older DS) and sweet potato pie (for yougner DS) tomorrow night. Thursday morning, my family and I are doing the YMCA's 5K race (I'm going for a personal best....we'll see how it goes). I'M PUMPED UP!!!!

OK...sorry to be so chatty. Uh oh! Kids found me! LOL

Gayle

WOW, Gayle~ It's seems like you had a heck of a day!

3:30 A.M. :O I'm lucky I can get my arse out of bed by 6:00 A.M. :) I am so not a morning person, so my workouts normally always wait until the afternoon ... well except the weekends, I get them out of the way early enough!

I am really going to have to try the iTread workouts! What is a good one to start out with? Can you download these to a MP3 player? Since I can't locate my DD Ipod, MP3 is the cheapest I can pick up right now! I was doing some searching for a spinning class in my area. I emailed a gym down the street for me for additional info.
Gayle~ Do you have spinning shoes? What did you wear?
I plan on having a nice clean holiday myself. I am not big on Thanksgiving, so I will have my Turkey and sweet potato and call it quits.. I look forward to my lazy Sunday Free Day :p

~Jennifer~

Hello again!

Gayle: I'm coming over...what time should I be there Thursday???

Heidi: Sadly I've gotten better and "only" have 4 diet cokes a day. Once 3 pm hits, I only drink water. I might see if someone can help me get her down out of the car. She "can" jump out, it's just not great for their shoulders. And she really is light compared to my other dogs.

Jennifer: Thanks, that is Dylan, he is out of my Vizsla, Gabby. They are very cute puppies...giant ears. I have a boat load of meds that I atke for my 2 herniated discs so there isn't much more I can take for other injuries and my body already filters so much.

Ok....needed a break from work!! Back I go.

Colleen

Hey Gayle!

Great job on the iTread #19! Going to have to get that one.

I just put an apple and blackberry crumble into the oven. Can already smell it cooking!:9 Yes, this is a clean-eating recipe thank goodness. I am going to keep my meals as darn close to clean-eating this Thanksgiving as I can. Even if my family are going to be eating the samethings and not even know the difference.
Have a good time with your sis...I wish mine would come down from Maine once in awhile to visit me. Maybe she'll just pop in...

Jennifer: I think the BBC Treadmill workouts could be considered HIIT because these are tough. Floor work...probably.
I have my iTreads on an MP3 which is short on memory but I can hold 1 20min and 1 40min workout plus "just" running music. One of the programs from iTread is a 2 part 60min workout and this is the only thing I can fit. So far I have all of Set 1, Sets 21 35min,#23 40min and #24 outdoor running. I really like them alot. Can't wait for next month where I can download 3 more free.

My crumble is done...See Ya!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.