BFFM available as hardcover now!

Candiceena

Cathlete
Hi Everyone!!

Just wanted to share with you all that Tom Venuto's BFFM (Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle) is being released on December 10th in Hardcover format!! It's available on Amazon for about $16 or $17. I just pre-ordered.

I'm really excited!! I got GREAT results following this program (loosely, albeit) a few years ago. It will be so nice to have the resources in a real book.

(ps: sorry if everyone already knew this!! I might be late coming to the party, haha!)

It is kind of a diet plan. It's a lot of things, actually. It's about the psychological aspect of goals, cardio, weights, eating plans, macros, meal timing, fat loss vs. weight loss, how to measure, how to use feedback, etc. It is AMAZING. The PDF is huge, like 300 or 400 pages or something like that. I used to lug it back and forth to work in 2008 when I was at my fittest & most healthiest. Even after I'd read it all, I still lugged it around because I would read it on breaks for motivation.

Heres what people on Goodreads have to say: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1953489.Burn_the_Fat_Feed_the_Muscle

Last edited:
I've never read this so I preordered at Amazon, scheduled to arrive tomorrow! I can't wait to read it for motivation!!

I got my book today and I can't wait to read it. I want to try the principals but may wait until after my daughter has her 2nd child (since me and my mom will be heading down there in January for 3 weeks and I won't be home to workout, plan, etc).

So I'm thinking starting it up maybe 2nd week of February and giving the 28 day plan a go. Did anyone else pick this book up? It looks like a nice read.

Denise

I will be ordering mine on Friday. I thought I had more $$ left on my Amazon card but I guess not, oh well. I'm super excited to get it in the mail and so glad I have free 2-day shipipng w/ Prime!

Denise - please do let us know how it goes after you implement the program! Even if you aren't able to fully implement everything, definitely try to do some things (especially the goal-setting chapter. That is seriously worth the price of the book alone, IMO).

Phyllis - thats awesome your local library has it!

Thanks for the heads up. I have never heard of Tom or his book before but it looks like something I will greatly use. I just ordered the hard cover version. If you purchase his book, go back to his main website and fill in the receipt number (confirmation number from Amazon in my case), he gives you several free downloads. Looks like it expires on 12/16/13. I just did that and got several downloads (haven't read them yet.)

burnthefatfeedthemuscle.com (Towards the bottom of the page).

Thanks for sharing that tip Gobias!

Tom has some AWESOME stuff. Seriously, he is a solid guy. I really like him. His principles do not work perfectly for everything for ME, personally - but he's taught me so much stuff before. I am really really excited to be back to BFFMing.

My favorite thing about him is that he's not a giant sales pitch for a bunch of crap I dont want or need. I think there is only 1 brand he recommends in his book, some type of fish or krill oil. It's like some off-the-wall brand too, not something I see in the pages of Fitness or Oxygen. I'm so excited to have BFFM in actual book form now instead of just the e-book. Glad I could turn a few others onto it too. It really is a wonderful wealth of information and a priceless resource. I can't say enough good things about it.

Thank you so much for the heads up on the free downloads! Just got them! I'm excited to start reading his book!

There is also a coupon code for body fat calipers. Has anyone used these, or another brand? I have always heard calipers are not very accurate and you need to have someone else measure you, so I have never bothered. However, it would be nice to measure progress. I have a body fat scale integrated into my regular scale but rarely use either since I'm not sure how accurate it is and have never really been one to even monitor my weight.

Any body fat measuring tool any of you have used....Please share your thoughts. Thanks again, Candice, for posting. I have never heard of Tom and am excited!

Hi there!!! I have used calipers before. They were a little tricky to get the hang of but I liked having them because it gave me a rough idea of progress. I have a tattoo in the area they are supposed to be used so that helped me with consistency lol. :) I would recommend them b/c they are inexpensive and motivational.

I've also used scales w/ body fat readings. WAYYYYY OFFF!!! I'd recommend calipers over a scale w/ BF measurements unless you are wanting to spend the $$$$$$ on a very high-quality scale. Also invest in a measuring tape. That and calipers worked great for me.

To add to previous post, my scale was way OFFF because the readings for body fat would vary tremendously, like give or take 2-3% in each direction. And BF doesn't fluctuate the same way regular weight does.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.