BFFM and Cardio

dixiedog6

Cathlete
I purchased Burn the Fat and Feed the Muscle (finally) and I loved it! I learned so much and this book is such an amazing source of information. I get things now that I never understood before. ANyway....I am having so much trouble doing cardio on an empty stomach. I usually always have breakfast before I work out, then have a small recovery meal later.

For those of you following BFFM, do you do cardio on an empty stomach and will it make an impact on my results if I chose to eat before working out? Maybe this is just something that feels strange to me because I'm not used to it, I'm not sure. I just feel like I am dragging myself through the motions and I have less energy. I don't think it is all in my head, so to speak. I think I am going to have to continue with a pre workout meal. I was just wondering if it really makes a signifcant difference?

I do realize that by dragging myself through my cardio workouts, I am already shortchanging myself on results. Thanks!!

I've had BFFM for probably about 5 years now and love it too!

I've done the early morning fasted cardio at times, but if it made a difference I didn't think it was a noticeable one. I am with you, working out on a completely empty stomach doesn't feel right to me either. The same workouts feel so much harder to me first thing with a completely empty stomach. I at least like to eat a piece of fruit so that I don't have that completely empty feeling.

Good Luck

have u tried brushing your teeth/using the mouth wash? that helps me temp. at least. or maybe some green tea?

From what I have read on the BFFM inner circle website, the benefit is minor. If it doesn't work for you, eat first. If you are extremely lean but want to lose the last traces of body fat it has some value. Unfortunately I have a lot more than a trace of body fat to lose.

Goal setting has been one of the best things I have learned from BFFM along with getting feedback from results. If something is not working you need to make changes, either in wo or diet.

Remember the fasted cardio is supposed to be low intensity. If it is not you do need to eat first.

Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.