Better Late than Never!

SteppingFool

Cathlete
Everybody has a story. My story is as not impressive as others, no before/after pictures... no massive weight loss... but exercise video has changed my lifestyle dramatically. I had always been a gym rat, and weight has never been an issue for me. When I got pregnant with twins, I was told to quit any form of exercise except walking, probably partly because of the first pregnancy ended up in a miscarriage. I am NOT a walker-type (no offense to anybody!). So no exercise for me during the pregnancy. Then came the babies. I basically went back to my pre-pregnancy weight within 6 months of delivery without much work... great!

I wanted to start going back to the gym, but being a first time mother I worry about the care my babies would get at the nursery. So I delayed exercising until 'they get bigger'. Within 3 years, I gained about 10 lbs. I know 10 lbs does not seem much to somebody, but it shows especially when you are short. I KNOW I was out of shape. Most of my clothes did not fit. The bigger clothes I have in my closet were too tight. I know I either had to get a new wardrobe or get back to exercising again. I did get new wardrobe, and I told myself I have a 'motherly' figure. But buying a larger clothes were no fun.... so I decided to go back to exercising, and enroll the kids in a preschool (3 days/week). Looking around for a gym, I found out that my choices were limited. I would be paying about $50/mo and exercising 3 days a week when the kids are in preschool. I know this would not be enough if I want to make significant gains.

So came the internet search. I found out www.videofitness.com. Looking around at their favorite picks, out came Cathe Friedrich name. Who is SHE? I have never heard of her! Kathy Smith, Denise Austin... yes. Since a lot of her videos were top picked (Hall of Fame), and since I LOVE stepping at the gym, I decided to try Cardio Hits. I also decided to order MIS. I have always hated weight lifting (at the gym or home) because it's so boring to do it alone, but I know I need a well-rounded routine. How those two orders changed my life! I found out that Cathe's step routine are not only fun but very advanced. In fact, better than gym classes I took years ago (of course, being out of shape did not help). When I first did MIS, I knew right away this is the weight lifting I've been looking for. I have paid for a personal trainer at the gym, but I was not impressed. All the trainer did was log my dumbell weight, adjust seat positions and hand me the dumbell. NOT what I was looking for. No explanation on proper form, rotation, endurance/strength difference, etc. Cathe makes working out with weights fun (feels like I'm working out with 5 other people!), effective, knowlegeable. I know my first Cathe order is a true gem!

I lost the 10 lbs within 4 months. More significantly, I increased my endurance and intensity level. I make VERY significant gains in my strength training. I have NEVER strength train like this before! Within less than a year, I own every DVD that Cathe has ever made... you could say -- I'm hooked! My pre-pregnancy clothes are loose... I look and feel better about myself. I have one trouble spot that may never go away -- ABS. I may never regain my flat abs again, probably due be having twins and C-section, but I will try. And I know Cathe will be there for me.

I will keep exercising with Cathe. It is so efficient in many ways -- no time consuming driving, nursery cost, gym cost, waiting in-line for machines and I'm never late for class. With small children, I know Cathe will be there to exercise with me whenever I am ready. Be it 10pm, 4:18am or 2.27pm. And she will do what I want to -- kickboxing, step, strength, circuit, interval... and however long I want it to be. Not only that, the quality of workouts are above and beyond of what I would get from a gym. I am averaging 6 hours/week at a cheaper cost than a gym membership. Best of all -- it works! It works because it's FUN -- and having fun means being consistent.

Wished I found Cathe sooner... but like they said -- better late than never!

Very motivating and interesting story. Thanks for sharing. Cathe's workouts really are addictive. Since January, I also have purchased all of her workouts available on DVD. I have purchased other workouts as well. I like the others(fitprime,the firm and Slim Series) but cannot pull myself away from Cathe!! I only do the others if I want a light day. Anyway, I am glad to hear you have found a great way to stay in shape and still have alot of time to spend with your family. I think that's the beauty of exercise videos. Your friend, Helen.

What a great story! I think many of us here can attest to the fact that once you do Cathe it's hard to go back to anything else! Congratulations on your progress and be proud of what you've accomplished!

Great story...thanks for sharing. I discovered Cathe around the time the Intensity series were being shipped (videos I think). I went crazy on my first order...RS, BodyMax, CircuitMax, MIS, Imax, and Step Heat. Since then I have the entire Intensity Series on DVD, CMax/CK DVD, Cardio Hits DVD, MIC video(traded for it), and Cross Train Xpress on DVD. I have also preorered the entire Body Blast series on DVD. Congratulations! Cathe is the best and I am so motivated to workout! Since discovering Cathe there is rarely a day when I dread working out. Keep up the great work!
:7

GREAT story! MIS was my very first strength tape too and the rest is history. I own all Cathe tapes now. LOVED your last paragraph where you say Cathe will do what you want to do. Too funny. Thanks for sharing.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Wonderful story, Huntsville girl!

Once you've discovered Cathe there is just NO turning back!!!

I was in your fair city twice this summer (and the past two summers, too) dropping off and picking up my son from Space Academy -- VERY cool program and cool museum! You all must really enjoy having NASA in town!

Thanks for sharing and keep up all that fabulous work!

http://e4u.deltait.com.au/sport/sport23.gif Kathy S.

GREAT story!! I agree with you about working out at home! I don't have time to go to gyms, and why bother when I can just pop Cathe into my VCR?? She is the BEST!! I've tried the rest ... the Firm, FitPrime, Denise Austin, Kathy Smith, Kari Anderson, etc., etc., etc. and nothing comes close to Cathe. I'm hooked for life!!

Carol
:)

That is a great story!

I like the Firm, Fitprime, Kari, and Gin...but I find myself reaching for Cathe more and more. I just like everything about her and her style!

Ain't we lucky!!

KimS :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.