Best step tape for new Cathe user

michmo99

Hi,

I just started using the PS tapes and love them! I would like to try some Cathe step tapes but I have some reservations about the complex step work. (I am a klutz!) Can anyone suggest a good tape to learn the step routines? I already use the Reebok step tapes, which have fairly simple and easy to follow choreography.

Thanks!
Maureen

Step tapes

Hi Maureen!

This is the first time I've posted on the forum since the new format has been up, so please excuse any posting errors!
happy.gif
I would suggest that a good tape to expose yourself to Cathe's choreography would be Get In Shape for Your Wedding. The choreography definitely isn't as complex as some of her other tapes, and Cathe spends a little more time in the "teaching" mode on this one. The workout is a little less than an hour long including warmup and cooldown, and I'd rate the intensity as intermediate/advanced. It also includes a weight workout as the second half of the tape. Lots of bang for the buck! Also, many would recommend Step Max. I just got it but haven't done it (yet), but from what I understand the choreography is a bit more linear. I've heard it's plenty intense, though! Have fun choosing!

Kristin

my 2cents

Hi Maureen,

One of the few tapes I don't have is the wedding tape, but it seems to be a popular choice for starting out with Cathes tapes. The website also has a spot where Cathe rates her vids in complexity
happy.gif

My own experience....her last few tapes are a tad quicker, which you will love and look forward to
happy.gif
, so check out some early ones to start with where the moves are broken down a bit more, like Mega Step Blast and also Step Heat is a little shorter and a popular choice too. What ever you order...give yourself time to get used to the more advanced choreography and once you do...all of Cathes tape will be a breeze...she is the best at cueing.
Down the road, make sure Power Max is on your list. Love, Love, Love that tape. Its like a Cathe Cult Classic.
Good Luck and happy stepping,
Nancy
happy.gif
PS addict too!

Hi in the new forum kristin!

Can you tell I haven't conquered it completely
happy.gif
!
I didn't notice the replys before I posted and recommended the wedding tape! But see that Maureen...I heard it was good
happy.gif
and Step Max is a great starter too...that's one I have done.

Kristin...on a side note, I just got home from the AAAI conference in Cape Cod and had a blast! Spoke with Janis Saffell and told her to check out VF...she has a sense of humor with her "awesome" tape
happy.gif
and her new tape looks great.

nancy
happy.gif

So nice to have email notification!

Hi Nancy!

I feel like I'm in school again--I printed out the "help" page, and I'm going to study it tonight! These smileys and frowns are fun, too. I'm sure that's one of your favorite parts!
happy.gif

The AAAI conference sounds great! Did you actually get to see parts of Janis' new tape? I hope it's great! It's actually the only new CIA I ordered (besides Christi's tapes, of course).

Oh, just remembered--gotta go over to VF for the strength check-in!
happy.gif

Kristin

Just had to say "Ditto" to the e-mail thing

Kristin,

Saw your message and I have to agree that I LOVE the e-mail notification too! That's one thing I miss about the temporary VF forum. Hope when the new VF forum software is installed the e-mail feature will be back.

Bev

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.