Best spin bike under $1k?

tralaiven

Cathlete
I realize that there has been a lot of spin bike discussion in the past, but I could not locate the thread (s) and just would like your current input!

DH and I are considering getting one. However, it must be one that can handle him, and he is 200+ lbs!

Any advice?

Try spinning.com. They have numerous models at numerous price points, so you should be able to find something there. They make the gym models as well as home versions and several models in between.

I got mine from Studio Cycles because of all the favorable comments on this forum. I'm sure you could contact Jeff and ask his opinion on what brand/model would be best to suit your husband. The guarantee on their bikes is certainly impressive.

Thanks so much NY25 and Elsie....I will look into each!

I appreciate your advice.....it's like I told DH....I said I would ask my Cathletes...I knew they would have the best input and perspective!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Jeff Wimmer passed away last month. Studio Cycles is hopefully still in business. Some excellent spin bike brands are Star Trak, Lemond, Schwinn Fitness (not Schwinn that makes cheap airdyne products) and Keiser. It would be hard to beat a product from these lines...they all fit differently and have their own pluses and minuses, but they're the best. I have a Schwinn AC Performance Pro and love it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.