BEST SHAPE EVER!!!

Ok everybody, what rotation, or routine or workouts were you doing, when you were in the BEST SHAPE OF YOUR LIFE? Or, are you working on it now? What got you back in shape after a pregnancy? Let's hear it for the routine!
I did put on a little weight with my 2 kids...oh wait,never mind...sts for me, but in fairness it's relative. I got in really good shape about 55, I was lifting a body part a day and using a Schwinn airdyne 3 days along with it. But after that sts worked well, but I really have done very few other programs. I think Nia has great programs, and I made steady gains for awhile, but my nutrition was awful and it didn't get a fair shot due to that. It seemed really easy 10+ years ago!!

I did put on a little weight with my 2 kids...oh wait,never mind...sts for me, but in fairness it's relative. I got in really good shape about 55, I was lifting a body part a day and using a Schwinn airdyne 3 days along with it. But after that sts worked well, but I really have done very few other programs. I think Nia has great programs, and I made steady gains for awhile, but my nutrition was awful and it didn't get a fair shot due to that. It seemed really easy 10+ years ago!!

Yup, kids will do it, starting with the pregnancy. Just a little weight?? Tom, You got off easy.

I didn't realize it at the time, but when I was doing STS 3 month rotation, and running 3 times a week, I was in fantastic shape. When I look back at pictures of myself, I am wowed. At the time, I was unaware of how good I looked.
Isn't that always the way?!

MMM - interesting question. In my 20s and 30s I was healthy, fit and slim.....but didn't need to work very hard at it, so I'll discount those decades!

In my 40s, I 'discovered' working out at home - starting with Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper - great results, but, obviously newbie gains - so, again, I'll discount those couple of years!

Xtrain + Ultimate Yogi got me as lean as I've ever been - and very aerobically fit. No workout seemed too hard! My eating was as 'correct' as it has ever been, so I guess much of the leaness was due to that.

Nia Shanks has got me as strong as I have ever been. With it has come the best shape (literal sense of being in shape) I think I've ever had. Obviously, different people like different looks, but I want big lats, back, shoulders. I love a 6pack on women, and I like a firm ('high and tight') bum (although I don't want one quite as big as seems to be the fashion - no 'shelf' for me!). I'm as close to this as I've ever been, with plenty of room for improvement, though. I've probably let my endurance go a bit, though (X77 would kill me at the moment).

Can't have everything, eh?

(Oh, and after pregnancy, couldn't keep my weight up - weird.)

So, Karen....what about you?

I've just finished the Double Progression from her Beautiful Badass. In 20 weeks it put about 20kg on my deadlift and 15kg on my squat, and helped me to do several unassisted pull-ups. I had done several strength programmes before this, but it's the first time people have stopped me to comment on my muscle. I've just started a Dave Dellanave programme, but I'm very tempted to do another of Nia's very soon. They are short and to the point. No 'extra' exercises, just the bang-for-your-buck ones. Karen (desertambrosia), Roz (mominvt) and Tom (tslop49) have done other Nia programmes - maybe they'll chime in, too?

All of Nia's programs are great! I finished Double Progression in July. Great muscle and strength gains. Will begin another Nia program in January. Highly recommend her. I was probably in the best shape of my life when I was 35-40. Between firefighting, and personal training, I was always "working out."

Last edited:
I have to say that Sts and low impact 90 day rotation was the best for me just as others have said you do not realize it til later always see all our imperfections low impact and xtrain was slap a winner so now I have been doing low impact with ripped with hitt and also getting great results cathe Low impact series is very intense I love especially how I get a strong core

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooh lala.... let's see.

After my second and third pregnancies, just doing random Cathe strength and cardio DVDs always helped me get back to my pre pregnancy weight as well as keep me toned and clothes fitting fairly okay. Gosh, I don't even think I was into rotations or keeping track of my workouts back then! I was far from being in the best shape of my life.

So, in the last five years, I did an overhaul and focused more on getting stronger, building endurance through STS, as well as utilizing many of Cathe's series. Three years ago is about when I started being in the best shape of my life, if you want to call it that! What rotation was I doing? The rotations that gave me the most compliments from women has to be the STS/LIS - 3 month transformation and XTrain's 90 day Undulating Workout Program. My favorite being the XTrain rotation. I'm still a work in progress but I'm more patient and focused right now on maintenance with a healthy balance of nutrition.

What do I consider to be the best shape of my life? Well, I guess I want what every woman wants. A healthy, strong body that can endure a good run without feeling beaten or worn down. The power to sprint with a smile. The strength to lift iron to the best of my ability without compromising form. And to do all this without injury or sprains. As a result of these rotations, I eliminated body mass that just didn't want to budge (you know what I'm talking about) and everything began to take shape. The legs are toned and shapely, the back shows definition, the deltoids exude confidence and to bring it all together, a lean and svelte midsection.

I really owe Cathe a whole bunch of credit - she has been with me through it all!

Now I'm looking forward to the new ICE series to meet new challenges and add to my zero cool Cathe library!

So inspiring to read what works for everyone! I really don't know what's best for me. I know eating clean and drinking enough water is a big factor. I just generally try to do something everyday-whatever feels right. It's hard for me to stick to a rotation. The only one I did was the Updated Rock Bottoms one and my legs and abs got really toned.

Beth

What do I consider to be the best shape of my life? Well, I guess I want what every woman wants. A healthy, strong body that can endure a good run without feeling beaten or worn down. The power to sprint with a smile. The strength to lift iron to the best of my ability without compromising form. And to do all this without injury or sprains. As a result of these rotations, I eliminated body mass that just didn't want to budge (you know what I'm talking about) and everything began to take shape. The legs are toned and shapely, the back shows definition, the deltoids exude confidence and to bring it all together, a lean and svelte midsection.

I really owe Cathe a whole bunch of credit - she has been with me through it all!

Now I'm looking forward to the new ICE series to meet new challenges and add to my zero cool Cathe library!
Cheers to all you've stated @FireLight ! :cool: Without Cathe, I don't even want to imagine what I might possibly look like shape/weight-wise. :eek:

My eating was as 'correct' as it has ever been, so I guess much of the leaness was due to that.

Nia Shanks has got me as strong as I have ever been. With it has come the best shape (literal sense of being in shape) I think I've ever had. Obviously, different people like different looks, but I want big lats, back, shoulders. I love a 6pack on women, and I like a firm ('high and tight') bum (although I don't want one quite as big as seems to be the fashion - no 'shelf' for me!). I'm as close to this as I've ever been, with plenty of room for improvement, though. I've probably let my endurance go a bit, though (X77 would kill me at the moment).

You are a beast, @Justinef ! "High and tight" I'll probably never see, but I do try. ;) I believe that more than any particular workout regimen, eating "correct" as you mention, is KEY to achieving results and maintaining physique.

Keep up the good fight, everyone! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.