Best DVD for beginner...cardio, toning & muscle?

mtawes

Hi Cathe,

You probably don't get many guys on your forum but I just started watching (not trying to keep up with by any means) your show on FitTV over breakfast in the mornings and find it excellent. I'm not completely new to working out as I generally keep up a walking routine and lifting a little with a home gym/free wgts. when I can but I really need to get in better shape and am looking for a well rounded routine that will keep me motivated.
I'm not a heavy guy (145lbs) so wgt. is not the issue and I'm thin build. I work from home (woodworking shop) and during the season am a charter capt. and honestly I just don't have the stamina anymore like I would enjoy having and my line of work does little for keeping me fit as I would like to be (joints & back always aching and exhausted) I'm only 38 but can tell ya, many days my body feels much older. My wife follows some DVD routines for fitness (mostly weight loss and pilates) but they do nothing for me and your TV program has somewhat inspired me.

I'm hoping you can recommend one of your DVDs (there are so many and varied routines) to get a good start for cardio, toning, and muscle definition (the wife would like to see some real muscle but I'm not looking for bulk just well rounded).

Many thanks for your feedback.

While you are waiting for Cathe to reply...

You might want to look at the video clips of the pure strength series, gym style series, and 4-day split series. They are all designed for muscle building/toning. For the best strength gains, look at the slow&heavy series, although many people find this too slow to do very often. If you want a total body weights workout, try Maximum Intensity Strength or Muscle Max (they are long though).

A lot of Cathe's cardio workouts are step and not many men like step choreography (some do though). Again, have a look at the video clips. You might like to try some of the kickboxing ones - they are excellent for cardio but you also feel like your whole body got a workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.