Bento Kettlebell workouts

MidgetDogg

Cathlete
OK, I'm sure someone has asked this, but doing a search is sometimes a pain.

I'm thinking about trying Amy Bento's Kettlebell workout. I see that she has 2 of them and one is easier than the other. I don't really like getting "easy" workouts, because they soon become too easy and then obsolete. If you've never used kettlebells... would starting with her Kettlebell Dynamics be OK? I'm already an "advanced" exerciser, but not with these gizmos.

If you are new to kettlebells I would advise not starting with Amy Bento's Kettlebell workouts. I would recommend Lauren Brooks' Vol 1 (this dvd has a good tutorial) or Art of Strength kettlebell clinic. Paul Katami's Kettlebell Drills also a a good tutorial and workout. I don't think that you will outgrow any of these workouts.

Last edited:
thanks! I just ordered Paul Katami's off of Amazon. Couldn't believe the price of the kettlebells on there - I can get them at Marshalls and TJ Maxx for so much less! Anyway, I'm looking forward to doing something new for my core. Can't wait to get started.

If you are new to kettlebells I would advise not starting with Amy Bento's Kettlebell workouts. I would recommend Lauren Brooks' Vol 1 (this dvd has a good tutorial) or Art of Strength kettlebell clinic. Paul Katami's Kettlebell Drills also a a good tutorial and workout. I don't think that you will outgrow any of these workouts.

I just wanted to say, this is good advice because Amy has really bad form when it comes to kettlebells. I would steer clear, especially if you are just learning. I love my AOS and Lauren Brook's dvds. Steve Cotter is another good one. :) Linda

Hi,

it's even harder to get good ones here. I have ok kb but not the really good ones. They are expensive to start with but the shipping is more than the kb cost for me.
Be careful though, cheap bells usually aren't good quality, you may find the handles tear up your hands or they may not roll properly in your hand. If you use kb often it will bother you.

Enjoy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.