Before Bed Snack

lov2bfit

Cathlete
I need some help. I workout very early in the morning and find that my workouts are much more productive if I eat something about an hour before I go to bed at night. I usually just eat some cottage cheese or plain low fat yogurt, but lately I still seem sluggish in the morning. Anyone have suggestions for a good before bed snack to give me an extra boost of energy in the morning?

Thanks!

Katie

My issues doesn't really lie in feeling sluggish when I get up (I thought that was normal!!!;-) ), but in not being hungry throughout the night.
I found some really tasty snacks at www.bbcookies.com that I have with a protein drink about 30 minutes before going to bed. It keeps me satisfied throughout the night so I don't "go wandering".

i find that if i eat a food that quickly digests- like fruit before bed- i feel so much better in the morning.

try eating your heavy meal at lunchtime- not dinner and have a snack of oranges or tangerines an hour before bed.

you could also make a smoothie (2 bananas, frozen strawberries, agave nectar) in the morning before you work out. super pep time!

Have you ever made egg white pancakes with cinnamon, butter buds, & sugar free maple syrup? One the side, add 1/2 cup straberries, 1 Tbsp peanut butter, and a sprinkle of sugar free brown syrup...makes a great snack!! Let me know if you are interested in knowing more...

I find that I need carbs before I go to bed these days. Protein isn't cutting it for energy in the morning.
I'm either doing a bowl of Weetabix (I have a newfound love in this one) or Kashi before bed, and it's working wonders!

I like about a half of a cup of fat free vanilla yogurt cheese with strawberries and almonds.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.