Bee Pollen

Hi Shannon. I don't know what I think of it - but let me give you a rather long answer.

I'm training for a bodybuilding comp in October. I'm old (46) and fat. After working with my trainer for the last 2 1/2 months since finishing STS my weight has hovered between 134 and 137. I need to get down to 112. I have been following FAITHFULLY all recommended food without waivering one bit. One cheat meal a week - and the right mix of cardio and heavy lifting - but still 134-137. Trainer and me stumped and frustrated!

Last week I went to a local Mustard Seed and ended up talking to an older VERY knowledgeable man. He suggested bee pollen for energy - BUT then said it's also a wonderful anti-fungal. This picqued my interest because (and this is likely TMI) I am very prone to yeast (candida) infections that almost never clear up. Doc says it's just my hormones as I age, but I mean 3 out of 4 weeks a month I deal with one. And my diet is CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!!!

So kind Mustard Seed man (yes, I even told him of my plight) suggests bee pollen as well as Oil of Oregano. The latter is wicked nasty stuff, but I'll tell you what. With my workouts and diet the exact same as before - a week after adding bee pollen and the O Of O, my weight is down to 128.5 and my yeast infection gone.

So right now I am singing the praises of bee pollen so loud you can probably hear me. I do also notice a nice little energy spike. I don't know if that info helps at all - but I will keep taking the stuff.

I just got some bee pollen this week. I've read so many good things about it, and thought I'd give it a try. You only start off with a couple of granules a day to make sure you're not allergic to it, and then the package I have says work your way up to 1 teaspoon per day. Here's a link that explains the benefits. And I love the fact that it's suppose to have every single nutrient needed to sustain human life. I've read that on several websites, not just from the link!

http://www.nutritional-supplements-health-guide.com/bee-pollen-benefits.html

Dani

ps - yes I do keep mine in the fridge, though I don't think the package says you have to.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.