Beach sandals with good arch support?

penguinchik

Cathlete
Hi There,

Due to my plantar fasciitis, I have got to find beach/sport/thong type sandals that have really good arch support. Two days of wearing my Reefs at the pool and I'm in a lot of pain. Anyone have any good recommendations? Thanks so much!
--Jennifer :)

Have you tried the Crocs sandals? I don't have plantar fasciitis..so I can't attest to that...but you may want to check them out at crocs.com. Good luck in your quest!

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Thanks Debra. Unfortunatey Crocs have zero arch support for me. I have two pairs, so I know. It's too bad because they are soooo... comfortable. I appreciate your response!

Do you have the regular crocs or the thongs? I ask b/c the thongs have way more arch support than the regular clogs.

Earth shoes has some thongs (about #30) with good arch support. Zappos and Planetshoes both carry them. Foot problems are a pain! Good Luck. Deb

I just lucked into a pair of Merrell's at Marshall's for $25.00. They have incredible arch support(My arch is high, too). And they're really cute black thongs with a grey/black design on the bottom. I've hardly taken them off since I bought them Sunday. Clarks are pretty good, too, but not as good as these.

Good luck!

Hey, thanks for the suggestions! I decided to order Montrail Molokinis from Zappos based on reviews: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/7931237/c/21450.html

You bake them for 3 minutes at 225 degrees and then stand in them for 2 minutes so your feet mold them. Bizarre! I ordered at 10:30pm the other night and they arrived the next day at 3pm. Talk about service.

So, the arch support is amazing. Better than I could have imagined. However, I'm not sure about the whole "negative heel" principle with these. The reviewers with pf said the shoes are great. We'll see. The amount of money I've spent on "treatments" for my pf is insane. I figured it wouldn't hurt to spend a little more. :) I'm hoping these will work.

I haven't baked them yet. I plan to do that later today. We'll see what happens. Thanks again for your replies!

I saw Earth sandals at whole foods. I just mention that in case you were interested in those, maybe you could try some on and see how you like them.

I have PF, and although my podiatrist pretty much forbid me to wear flip flops...I was like, uh, mister, that is what I live in during summer....ack!

Seriously, I found that Teva mush flip flops have done VERY well for me and have not caused my PF to flare at all. And for $22, you can't beat that! They don't have arch support built in like several of the others, but they are very soft and conform to your foot nicely.

Not saying they'd definitely work for you, but they do have them in several stores for you to try on vs. ordering $100 pair online. I have such a hard time finding Earth shoes, Danskos, and the like in my area. They are usually in expensive specialty shoe stores unfortunately.

Good luck in your quest...hey, we may not be able to walk on the beach without sandals, but we can still feel the sand in between our toes! I'm going to the beach in 3 weeks - can't wait!!!

Heidi:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.