Bathing suits

cathemade

Cathlete
I need to get another bathing suit. I usually purchase through Venus swimwear. Does anyone have another suggestion? I'm not too crazy about wearing a two piece, I feel too naked.

I have a great Speedo "swim team type" bathing suit that I bought at Sports Authority. It's colorful & very flattering. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is high cut on the chest, so when I tan, I have a HUGE white area on my chest. But then everyone gets to see my tan line--lol!

I wear board shorts over a tankini from Water Girl (I think it's a division of Patagonia). Title 9 has some great swimwear that looks good but is functional too. I don't know what happened to me, because I'm no prude, but I just cannot bring myself to wear a bathing suit in public anymore (it's not that I look that bad, I too feel naked!) Maybe that's what happens when you turn 45! :7

I would second two of the suggestions already made here: Victoria's Secret and Title 9. They both have websites so you can order them online. VS has a great selection and a wide variety of styles, from downright skimpy to some nice one-pieces and tankinis. And Title 9 has great, sporty-looking suits, also in several styles--two-piece (sporty-looking!), tankinis and one-piece. I've never ordered one from Title 9, but VS is very good about allowing you to return them, provided the hygenic liner is still on it. I've ordered a bunch from them and then sent them all back except the one I want. It is a pain to have to pay the shipping cost to send them back, but it's well worth it to be able to try on bathing suits in the privacy and comfort of my own home! I swear those department store mirrors and lighting are designed to make you look as hideous as possible!:p

Good luck and have fun!

-Marie:)

JCrew.com has some fabulous ones on offer right now, laser cut one-pieces in great colours. Have fun

Clare

Land's End usually has nice suits. Good quality and fit. I've gotten two from there and have been pleased with both.

board short ?

This may sound really silly, but if you're wearing a board short as the bottom, do you still need to wear a bikini bottom underneath?

RE: board short ?

I think it depends on the shorts. I wear a bikini bottom underneath my shorts since they ride kinda low and tie up the front.

RE: board short ?

I was just at the beach last week and found I had to wear teeny tiny thong underwear under my board shorts, otherwise the seam was just rubbing me the wrong way, if ya know what I mean! I would have just worn a bikini bottom under there, but I hadn't brought one with me...

Even if the seam thing didn't bother me, they are pretty revealing when you're sitting down in certain positions, and when I was in the water I felt exposed--the water kind of made the board shorts balloon up and float around me. I don't think that was really happening as much as I thought, but it felt strange because it was so much more material than I'm used to having on under water.

I ordered a black Tankini bathing suit, should be in next week, can't wait to see it.......... Rhonda :7

I grew up in Southern California, and I'm full of stories of guys in their baggy swim bottoms with no liners sprawled out on the beach asleep! Ha ha! }(

Michele S.: I wear a bikini bottom underneath because I usually ride my bike to the beach (in NYC it's over an hour and a half ride, so I wear the bikini bottom under my bike shorts and need to change quickly and usually publicly). If I didn't do that, I'd probably wear thong underwear. But again, if your board shorts are tighter, you could get away with going commando. (But there's always that seam issue, isn't there?) :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.