Barbell

atompki1

Cathlete
Hello! I'm new to Cathe workouts and specifically new to the barbell. I have a weak wrist and some of the bicep barbell moves are hard on my wrist. I wear a wrist wrap and I lighten the weight as to not strain my wrist, but this limits how much I can lift. I've seen those zigzag barbells for curls. Would a bar like that help with my wrist issues?

Also wanted to say thank you in advance for having so many low impact options to choose from. I can do high impact workouts, but after a while my body needs a break. You've definitely shown that a workout can be intense without all the pounding!!

I do not have a curl bar, since I am thrifty as to buying weights, and don't want to own a barbell specifically designed for curling. I won a 15-lb barbell, and a set of plates to use. But like you I find that an empty 15-lb barbell is to heavy to lift for curling. So I use ether a 12-lb body bar, or a 9-lb body bar, and adjust the weights on these by using wrist weights. I use these for curls and some shoulder work. They also make good balance bars.

I reserve the regular barbell for heavier lifts, like deadlifts and squats. If you live in a city, you might try to buy either a curl bar or a body bar at a sports store or a large box store.

-- David

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.