Barbell vs dumbells

Hi Cathe

I started using three of your videos about 1-2 mos ago. I used to use the Firm all the time, and your videos are far superior because now I consider myself advanced and I totally love your workouts. I am getting a dvd player so that I can purchase more, so I don't get bored. Question: I have been using dumbells when you use the 35lb barbell. What are the benefits to using a barbell and what are the benefits of using a dumbell. I notice you rotate between the two. If you think I should purchase a barbell, I will get one for 35lbs. Right now I am using two 15lbs dumbells when you use the barbell. I also need to purchase two 20 lb dumbells because I have gotten stronger!

Thank you, I am in the best shape of my life and have never gotten so many compliments!!!

maggsab

Not Cathe but wanted to suggest that a barbell is a great investment! However, I'd get one that has more weight than 35lbs. because your strength will increase. Also, Cathe often uses the barbell for lower body work and if you don't already need more than 35lbs. for lower body, you will very soon!

I believe Sears has them for a good price and Wal-Mart is always a great place to get exercise equipment.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.