band broke in half on high step

I'm not Cathe, but I had a similar experience. I purchased my dynabands from fwonline.com and my green one snapped in half the first time I went to use it. You may want to go to their website and purchase a new one. It was approx $3.00 and they replaced it immediately. Just a thought.

Did you check the band before using it to see if it looked thin or had small holes in? The bands don't last forever, and it's a good idea to always check them, and replace them if they show wear.

I had this same problem (and posted a similar question a couple months ago). One helpful response I received was to put the band on top of the step (instead of under the step) and step on top of it with your foot. You have to "choke up" a bit more with the band, but I think you still get the exact same effect. I broke two bands before going to this method, and I think one reason was because I use a Reebok step that doesn't have the "groove" that allows the band to slide underneath.

Good luck!

Mine had a little tear in it, but I kept using it until it finally popped in half. Wouldn't you know, it popped in half while I was doing the outer thigh work from Gym Styles while lying on my back. It almost slapped me in the face. :eek: Taught me a lesson. :7

Doesn't it worry anyone that the band will snap back and cause physcial damage? Just a thought, maybe try substituting the bands with dumbbells. That is what I do, after the band I was using snapped back at me and hit my face. No scarring, but man, did it hurt...

again, just a suggestion

Carrie

Hi Thinkgod! I'm sorry to hear that as I know it can be startling when your band snaps. Unfortunately the life span of bands vary and some outlast others. However, it is inevitable, all bands eventually get worn and need to be replaced. We actually don't carry bands here but here is a link to a company that sells them.

http://www.fwonline.com/dynab.htm

Hope that helps!

I think I've only had one band break on me, & it didn't snap at all, it just broke. Also, I think the bands get more vulnerable to breaking when they get wet with sweat. I don't know where I got this idea, it might have come with some bands I bought: I "powder" mine up with cornstarch when they get too wet & sticky. You can use baby powder also. Hope this helps!

Jeni

Yes, I had the band snap too. During the outer thigh work In Gym Style Legs. I was able to get the exact same 6 ft green Dyna Band for $7.95,including shipping from www.CollageVideo.com.

Its important to get the 6 ft band. Some palces offer a 5 ft gree Dyan Band and I found it does not work as well. :)

The roll is a pretty good idea, too, as you can cut it to your height, but also if it breaks, you can grab another one! The price isn't bad either if you think of just how many you are getting.

"Its important to get the 6 ft band. Some palces offer a 5 ft gree Dyan Band and I found it does not work as well."

I disagree, partially. I actually use a 4' band for a couple of the shoulder exercises and find that it works better than the 6' band because there is no room to cheat the band to make it easier. A 5' would probably be a little better but I found the 6' didn't work as well. But a 6' is definitely needed for the leg exercises (although I use the 4' length for the abductor exercise where you are lying on your back and legs are extended. Again, there is no room to cheat the band on that exercise and I find it works the muscle harder. However, if you can only afford to get one length, I would get the 6'.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.