Ballet dvd...anyone recommend one?

divagirl

Cathlete
I was looking at BalletbootcampII and wondering if anyone tried this or likes another ballet dvd?? I don't want something too easy so I need one that is at least challenging. Any recommendations?

I haven't done Ballet Bootcamp II but I would recommend trying Element Ballet Conditioning with Elise Gulan. It's about 50 minutes and is definitely challenging. It's mainly barre work, a very short center section with jumps, pilates and stretch. You might also want to try Melissa Lowe's Ballet Workout 2 or New Workout if you are somewhat familiar with ballet.

Marcy

I have the NYC Ballet workout 2. I haven't done it yet, but I have previewed it, and it looks pretty good. I take a ballet class twice a week, and I haven't done this workout yet because I like to do Cathe's on the other days of the week. You may want to give it a try though. I got mine off of ebay very cheap. And Sarah Jessica Parker endorses it (I'm a sucker for celeb endorsements).

Balletone dvds (there are three of them on collage). If you type in a search for ballet on Collage - there's a bunch including the ones already mentioned that will pop up. Jennifer Kries has short ballet segments in most of her dvds. Also, a lot of exercises in Classical Stretch newest dvds are ballet based exercises (these are pretty tough if done correctly (Essectrics - I think it is called).

Good Luck! Have fun - I just went on a ballet dvd rampage lately and got most of them. Edie

I know Stephanie is a ballet fan ;) and probably moves so graceful, so Steph, you will probably love NYC Ballet Workout.
I tried it and practically fell asleep. I guess I cannot move like that or cannot concentrate like that. I spent the whole time marveling at the dancer's beautiful bodies--I am built more like an sturdy Mac truck whereas, those gals are like sleek race cars!:7

In fact if anyone is interested I will send the workouts to you, free of charge, I know there are alot of gals out there who just "click" with ballet, I just watch from the sidelines in total awe.

I do bellydance though, that works with my bodytype.:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.