Ballet Beautiful, Xtend Barre, Exhale?

Candiceena

Cathlete
Hi girls,

I have these three DVDs and was wondering if anyone else has ever used them? They are the Ballet Beautiful, Exhale Pure Intensity and Exhale Core Fusion Body Sculpt, and Xtend Barre Lean & Chiselled.

I haven't actually done them yet. My head says to go for it, but for some reason, I haven't. Just wondering if you guys have had any success with them? Or any other ballet workouts? IDK why I am so drawn to Barre/ballet work!

PS: Thinking about starting HC... :) You girls are twisting my arm!

Hi, Candice!

I own a few Exhale Core Fusion workouts, including Body Sculpt. I can tell you that they are very different than Cathe's in their queuing, which is actually tracked-over during the exercises. Fred deVito and Elizabeth Halfpapp are very mellow, and their workouts almost have a *spa* feeling to them, if that makes any sense. ;)

The workouts themselves are effective in a short amount of time (as little as 10 minutes), just not very hardcore. I guess I never felt the sense of accomplishment (or sweat!) that I feel with some other workouts I use. But I do enjoy revisiting the Exhales I own when I don't necessarily want to take an off-day, but just want something a little less intense.

HTH!

Hi girls,

I have these three DVDs and was wondering if anyone else has ever used them? They are the Ballet Beautiful, Exhale Pure Intensity and Exhale Core Fusion Body Sculpt, and Xtend Barre Lean & Chiselled.

I haven't actually done them yet. My head says to go for it, but for some reason, I haven't. Just wondering if you guys have had any success with them? Or any other ballet workouts? IDK why I am so drawn to Barre/ballet work!

PS: Thinking about starting HC... :) You girls are twisting my arm!

I don't have any of the above w/o but I love HC! My abs have never been so chiseled as they are now, I do it twice a week. I have 6 of her w/o and they are all hard and so effective. I wish I could put together a good rotation of HC, Xtrain, STS, and LIS.

Hi girls,

Which Ballet Beautiful do you have? I have the Total Body Workout one and it's actually one of my favorite workouts. I also have the Xtend Barre Lean and Chiselled, which I also like. I try to do a barre workout at least once every week. I've had great results with all of my barre workouts (including Cathe's Turbobarre, which is another tough one!). For some reason, adding barre along with other traditional strength workouts has given me results that I haven't gotten before. I think maybe my body was just used to doing dumbbell workouts and barre was something new.

I have the Ballet Beautiful Total Body as well.

This is some good feedback. I have been wanting to incorporate these because I bought them as downloads on Amazon Prime and so I couldn't return them and I don't want to just waste workouts!

Maybe I will create an LIS-HC-Exhale-Ballet Beautiful rotation one of these days, after I work my way through the beginner rotation. I think it would be good. I need to do more weight/muscle work....and I think the barre work will give me what I need.

I bought a number of the exhale workouts and returned them all. The segments to me felt very brief, and I never felt like I really got into a muscle before the segment ended and we were stretching. I found it irritating to spend an hour working out but not feel like I got anything out of it. I would rather just do an hour of YogaRelax.

I've been eying Ballet Beautiful for a while, so please update on how you like it after you try it! It gets very good reviews on Collage.

Other ballet workouts:
  • I recently bought Amped Up by The Ballet Physique and I like it. Cueing could be better, but the instructor is likeable and the workout itself is solid.
  • Also just recently got Turbo Barre. Very different from other barre workouts, much more of an athletic "Cathe" style, but I love it! It kind of combines the best of both worlds.
  • My all time favorite "barre" workout is the original Squeeze by Tracy Effinger. If you don't have it yet I can't recommend it enough.

I don't have any of the above w/o but I love HC! My abs have never been so chiseled as they are now, I do it twice a week. I have 6 of her w/o and they are all hard and so effective. I wish I could put together a good rotation of HC, Xtrain, STS, and LIS.

If you do put together a good rotation like that it would be super nice if you shared it with us:D

In response to the OP: I don't have those specific workouts, but I took ballet as a child for about 5 years and it can kick your butt. It sneaks up on you, you may not feel any burn during the workout, but you do feel it the next day. I remember one time when I was a teen I decided to do some extra work, I did about 20 min. of barre style work, and I could barely walk the next day. It has more to do with form and which specific exercises you do. I find that it seems to tighten the body rather than bulk it, if that makes sense.

I have Xtend Barre and Body Sculpt. They are deceiving. You don't sweat much but boy - do you feel it the next day. I've done both a few times each. I like the Exhale DVD's - the yoga one is great (just like the reviews say) and the pilates plus is tough 'cos you are holding positions for longer than is comfortable. Xtend Barre is a bit fast in a couple of places but overall - enjoyable. My legs are sore for the next couple of days after doing this one. I don't know if this helps.

That feedback definitely helps. Ceci, thank yoU! :)

Rapidbreath - that's great to hear you say it "tightens" b/c I'm pretty sure I know what you mean...I have heard someone else say something similar about barre work and thats what I'm really going for. Thanks so much. :)

I have the Ballet Beautiful total body and a few of the Exhale Core Fusion videos. Since these are broken down into segments of approximately 10 minutes each, I like to use them as add-ons for more intense workouts, like HiiT, sort of like we already do for ab work. That way you get the intensity you crave and the burn that makes your jeans look good!

I have the Ballet Beautiful total body and a few of the Exhale Core Fusion videos. Since these are broken down into segments of approximately 10 minutes each, I like to use them as add-ons for more intense workouts, like HiiT, sort of like we already do for ab work. That way you get the intensity you crave and the burn that makes your jeans look good!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.