Baby food durng a long trip

Nobuko

Cathlete
Hi everyonbe,

I'll be traveling back to the US from Japan soon with my 6 month old daughter. I'm wondering if anyone has some good ideas as far as feeding her during a long flight. I feel kind of bad to give her a cold (room temperature) baby food right out of a jar....

Room temperature fruit would be ok to feed her. Finger foods like cheerios, or banana would be a good idea also. Graham crackers can be gummed pretty good at that age. At this age they like to experiment with finger foods so I would think those would be just fine, and they get a kick out of feeding themselves.

Hope that helps some

:7

PS- the stewardess might be able to heat some baby food for you too, never hurts to ask

I used to ask for a hot/boiling cup of water (like for tea) and ask them to not fill it too high. Then you just place the jar of veggies in the cup for 1-2 minutes and it will make the food warm. I also have given my baby oatmeal or rice this way. Pack with you some formula and spring water bottles. Mix up the formula with the spring water in a bottle and place the bottle in the hot water. Have a bowl w/lid already with oatmeal or rice in it and pour warm formula over it. Of course, the oatmeal is more work than warming up veggies. Have a good trip!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.