B&TR....YES!.. I have finally managed to find one!

soobee

I just wanted to share my good news with you all...I am so excited, I have managed to track down a Body By Jake Bun & Thigh Rocker on Ebay which was available in UK....Yippee !! I thought it was going to be an impossible task to get one here.
I will be picking it up soon, please would anyone who has a B&TR please let me know how I will be able to use it to its best advantage while doing Cathe's workouts, eg is it possible to do lunges, plie squats and deadlifts etc on the machine?
How does the upper body atttachment part compare to using dumbells?
I am using around 24-28 pound barbell at the moment, what resistance level would be a good place to start on the B&TR?
Many thanks in advance...Sue

RE: B&TR....YES!.. I have finally managed to find one!

Congrats Sue on finding one. You'll love it. If you do a search on
rocker, you'll find tons of information. Don't forget to search Open Discussion as well.

I started using all the black bands (two 10 and two 25) on the machine and that was plenty. You may want to experiment without using videos for a while til you get a feel for what resistance you need. I think it works best with high rep workouts. I wouldn't recommend doing Slow and Heavy Legs on it. You'll also have to adjust it to fit your leg length. Best of luck.

Jane

RE: B&TR....YES!.. I have finally managed to find o...

Hello Jane
Many thanks for your help, I can hardly wait to get it and have a go, I have read so many of the recent comments on how brilliant it is, I feel so lucky to have found one on Ebay in this country, even the Body By Jake company refused to send me one.
Thanks again Sue

RE: B&TR....YES!.. I have finally managed to find o...

Hi!

Be sure when you do the search for this to look for Honeybunch's posts re: how she uses this and Cathe's Leaner Legs. I have to look that up myself cuz I plan to start using LL next week. :+

I don't have the upper body attachment, so I can't comment on that. I did get extra bands and have used up to 120 lbs resistance for slow/heavy work. I DO NOT think I'll be doing that for Leaner Legs. }(

Good luck. It's a great machine, IMHO.

RE: B&TR....YES!.. I have finally managed to fi...

Hello Robin
Thanks for your help, I did go and look at the threads for the B&TR and they are really encouraging, I can only hope that it will help my waist to knee problem area's, I know it will be almost impossible to get rid of the wobbly flesh I have in this area left from loosing a lot of weight but I can hopefully build up the muscles there to help the appearance.
WOW! 120 lbs resistance!!!! I stand in awe of your achievement and you never know I may reach this one day if my knees will allow!!!Thanks again.
Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.