Awesome book!

Lex411

Cathlete
I just thought I should share the discovery of a wonderful nutrition book with all the fitness enthusiasts on here. I just finished reading "The False Fat Diet" by Dr Elson Haas. Don't let the title throw you. It's not really a "diet" with the aim of getting thin, this book is all about FOOD ALLERGIES and more common FOOD REACTIONS that can cause your body to retain water even down to the cellular level and impairs your metabolism. You may not even realize that wheat, corn, dairy, soy, nuts or sugar are commonly found to be diffcult for most people to digest and throws your body off. This book is a treasure chest of information about how your body reacts to food it can't properly digest and how you can identify certain reactive foods on your own without starving or feeling deprived. He guides you through a 21 day program to cleanse your body of the toxic buildup due to food intolerances and how to find the foods you react to and get your body back on track. A side effect of the improved digestion, metabolism and energy level is fat loss, but even if you don't want or need to lose any weight this is a terrific nutrition book. It teaches you so much about how your body works in terms that are easy to understand, and he even offers 4 different levels of the program from super easy to more intense, depending on what you know you can reasonably stick with. Then he sets you up on a great balanced program for life, a way to work around the culprits you discovered were harming your body and how to keep that wonderful feeling of starting with a clean slate.

I always knew I had reactions to dairy, but recently also found I react to wheat and maybe even corn. But it doesn't mean a life sentence of weird or boring food. Did you know uncontrollable food cravings are caused by the same kind of physiological responses that makes an alcoholic have to drink? Or that you tend to crave the exact foods you have bad reactions to? Not many people do, but you learn that and so much more in this book. I honestly want to buy it for my entire family for Christmas as a stocking stuffer, it's just a wonderful book for everyone. It lets you tailor what you do to your own individual body and needs, rather than tell you to follow one plan for everyone.

This will be my nutritional bible now, and I'm also going to buy his book "Staying Healthy With Nutrition" (same author), which my doctor says is the most comprehensive guide to nutrition, vitamins and supplements ever published. Dr Haas knows his stuff, he spent over 20 years using the techniques in this book at his clinic before publishing this and I was so thrilled to read it I just had to share.

**I also have to add that after 15 years of wondering WHY my asthma always worsens during my period (and no doctor could explain this to me before) he sheds light on that as well. I'm telling you, this book addresses medicine and natural healing in a unique and wonderful way. If you do get it, I know you'll love it too.

Actually, I ordered it from Amazon.com and they had a decent price, too. I also plan to order his enormous nutrition guide, it's about 1,200 pages or so and sounds really thorough and interesting. But you should be able to find it at any major bookstore too.

Take care!

RE: Thanks Lex

...and you're very welcome. I'm always eager to share discoveries like this with other people, why not spread the wealth, right? I hope you like the book as much as I do, it's a terrific tool for learning and fine tuning your body from the inside out.

Does this book by any chance delve into why after some of us eat our lower abdomen poochs out? I am not overweight, but 5 minutes after I eat a normal size meal, there's a rounded protruding pooch. It goes away, but I hate it! Could it be a reaction (gas?) to a type of food?

As a matter of fact, that's exactly what he's referring to when he says "False Fat." Certain foods that your body doesn't digest well or that you are allergic to will cause you to feel bloaty or too full after a meal. He explains in great, easy to understand detail why this happens and what to do about it.

It's really a relief to find out about what causes things like that, the things that drive you nuts. I think you'd both love the book. It's a wonderful resource to have around.

Take care!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.