Autoimmune Disease

Aaroneet

Cathlete
I've probably said ad nauseum that I've been dealing with Ulcerative Colitis (pan, I think) since I was seven-almost twelve years now. It's in remission for the most part. Like anyone who has this condition, however, I have good and bad days. The bad days can come with extraintestinal symptoms, or symptoms of just general inflammation. These can be more downright weird than uncomfortable. The latest one is running a temperature when I otherwise feel fine. Normally, I can shrug these symptoms off and go about my daily life, but that's not so easy when you're running a temperature. The fevers break after a couple of days. This has happened twice already, the second time accompanied by a stomach virus. The bad part is that I don't know how often this is going to happen. Naturally, when it does, I can't leave the house, much less exercise. The only thing I can do is rest and take tylenol. The uncertainty of this is what drives me absolutely nuts. There's no indication about what comes next, how often it will occur, or when I will experience a complete flare-up. So while everyone around me is telling me to just live as normally as possible, I'm just a little scared. It's difficult to live normally when you never know what normal will be.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.