August Rotation

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
The August rotation will focus on burning body fat and shaping the legs and glutes. Of course in the process we cannot ignore the upper body and core so a couple of workouts will be included to keep those muscles inspired as well. Enjoy!

WEEK ONE:

Mon….Legs and Glutes then run 20 minutes
Tues….Imax One
Wed….Muscle Endurance
Thurs…PS Legs and Abs and run 20 minutes
Fri……Cardio and Weights
Sat……CTX Kickbox (cardio only)plus the stability ball segment of PUB
Sun……OFF

WEEK TWO:

Mon…..Pyramid Lower Body plus 30 minutes Basic step
Tues…..Pyramid upper body plus 20 minute run
Wed…..Pyramid Lower Body plus 200 walking lunges
Thurs….Imax 2 plus 10 minute ab hits
Fri…….HSTA plus 10 minute ab hits
Sat…….KPC
Sun...OFF

WEEK THREE:

Mon…...Legs and Glutes plus 20 minute run
Tues…..Cardio kicks plus 10 minutes ab hits
Wed……Slow & Heavy Legs only plus 200 walking lunges
Thurs….CTX upper body plus Body Fusion
Fri…….Legs and Glutes plus 10 minutes ab hits
Sat…….MIC
Sun…….OFF

WEEK FOUR:

Mon….Body Max
Tues….Pyramid Upper Body plus 30 minute basic step
Wed….Leaner Legs
Thurs…CTX Cardio of choice plus Pyramid lower body stability ball segment only
Fri……CTX cardio of choice plus 10 minutes of abs
Sat:……Leaner Legs followed by PLB stability ball segment only
Sun……OFF

Have Fun!

Thank you! I have been anxiously awaiting your new rotation. I have never tried a rotation before & am hoping to really see some results.
Out of curiousity, is there another type of cardio that could be substituted for the run?
Thanks!
Lynne

Wow Cathe this looks like a rotation that I can do because you have every Sunday off which is my day off and I have been trying to do alot of leg works this past few weeks which I never do so this is really motivating for me. Thanks:)

Thank you, thank you Cathe! You have answered my prayers! I have been wanting a rotation that focuses on burning fat and shaping the lower body! One question though: is there something I can substitute for the running? Perhaps the first or second half of either IMAX 1 or 2? Or would you recommend something else?

Sanchia

Thank you Cathe. This rotation looks just like what I was looking for. I'm also not a runner and wonder what would be a good substitute. Maybe I'll actually get outside and try to walk/run.

Edited to say thank you for including the newest workouts as I'm really enjoying them.

Hi Kelley, I am no runner either but started doing sprint on the track where you run as fast as you can on the straight line on the track then you walk around the turn part. Believe it or not someone was jogging and I actally kept up because of the sprint part. I don't know if you want to do this or maybe just jog for a few minutes then a brisk walk for 1 minute. I've read the sprint part in one of my fitness magazine. It says it burns alot of calaries (sp) doing it this way because your getting your HR up then bringing it down like doing interval and for me I like doing it this way because I am not really a runner but it helps me tone my legs. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestion Barbara. I may give that a try. I actually used this same method many years back when I was an aerobics instructor. The certification I was doing I had to run/walk 1.5 miles (I think it was 1.5 as it has been over 15 years ago) in 12 minutes. I could get up and teach hi/lo aerobics for hours, but it killed me to pass that test. Luckily 12 minutes is long enough to walk part of it which I did, by the same method you mentioned.

Hi All! It looks like many are requesting a substitute for running. If you can substitute a brisk walk mixed with light spurts of a jog, that would be great. Say walk fast for 5 minutes and bring it to a jog for 20 to 30 seconds. Then eventually try to reduce the time between the running boosts to every 3 1/2 minutes.

If however, running is truly out of the question, then substitute the same length of any higher intensity cardio (ie: 5 intervals of IMAX , 1/2 of MIC, the step portion of Body Max, etc)

:)

Thanks Cathe for the suggestion. I just might substitute on rainy days since it has been raining a lot these days:).

I was so proud, I actually ran last nite for day 1!
I will keep that going ~ except if it rains. Then I will use Cathe's other suggestion! Thanks.

Quick question: since I only have one hour at any given time to workout, can I split up the Cathe workout and running, and do one in the morning and the other half at lunchtime? Or does that diminish the fat burning effect?

- Shopgirl

I will definitely do this rotation this month, although I missed the first two days. Looking forward to Muscle Endurance tomorrow!

Hi Shopgirl! Yes, it will diminish the fat/calorie burning effects a little bit but it is definitely better to split the workout than cancel it all together. You are still going to get good results by splitting it. Take Care!

Thanks for answering Cathe, and for giving us guidance on a problem this board has been talking about a lot lately (fat reduction and the lower body).

This rotation looks fab.

- Shopgirl :)

I like the walking lunges idea. My sister is doing 400 twice a week. Her legs are looking fantastic! I was thinking of doing the same rotation but I think I will do this August rotation instead.
Thanx Cathe for being so creative and educated!

~Reece Out~

Hi Davida! I originally had 400 written down but realized that many of us have not done them before so I kept it to 200. Start out only doing as many as you can. Your endurance will get better and better and eventually you will get to two hundred. Your legs and glutes will love you.....goodbye pencil test;-)

Thanks for responding, Cathe! Well, if YOU say so, I will work on it - you hit home with that pencil test comment LOL! Great rotation.

Davida

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.